Is the evil within scary ?

(Discuss the game)

Is the evil within scary ?

Postby chriskilla10 » Oct 08, 2014 9:32 pm

I really want this game to be really scary, so it would make me happy if the guys who had the chance to play it can tell me. If it is scary, just tell me how it is scary like for example the atmosphere, the enemys ,and sound design. And no spoilers please. :)
chriskilla10

Favorite Title: REmake

Re: Is the evil within scary ?

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 08, 2014 9:55 pm

gonzzCABJ

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
PSN: gonzzCABJ
Steam: gonzzCABJ

Postby chriskilla10 » Oct 08, 2014 10:34 pm

gonzzCABJ wrote:Read here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=450&start=100

I did read it i just want to know fully in one full topic. Not few and far between and im still not exactly clear about how scary it is
chriskilla10

Postby FadedBlackangel » Oct 08, 2014 11:11 pm

"Scary" is a very subjective term, meaning something which is scary to one person might not be scary to someone else. All I'm saying is it's difficult to judge if a game will be scary based off of two peoples experiences.

Some people might get the game and say it's "Action Horror" some people might get the game and say it's "Survival Horror", other people might get the game and say it's just a gore-fest, who knows. Everyone is different is all I'm saying, and just as Mikami said (I paraphrase), survival horror doesn't have a strict set of rules, it is a very diverse genre. But the game looks promising.

PSN: FadedBlackangel
XBL: FadedBlackangel
Wii U: FadedArchangel

Postby chriskilla10 » Oct 08, 2014 11:20 pm

FadedBlackangel wrote:"Scary" is a very subjective term, meaning something which is scary to one person might not be scary to someone else. All I'm saying is it's difficult to judge if a game will be scary based off of two peoples experiences.

Some people might get the game and say it's "Action Horror" some people might get the game and say it's "Survival Horror", other people might get the game and say it's just a gore-fest, who knows. Everyone is different is all I'm saying, and just as Mikami said (I paraphrase), survival horror doesn't have a strict set of rules, it is a very diverse genre. But the game looks promising.

I kinda get that now , but now I just want know if the ammo is scarce enough.
chriskilla10

Postby FadedBlackangel » Oct 08, 2014 11:32 pm

Yea, tough to say. When I read that enemies drop ammo, I know a few people who would say that means it's not looking to be a survival horror game, just based on that fact alone since enemies dropping ammo is a very common thing in more action-oriented, shooter games.

From reading the other thread ammo sounds pretty scarce though, and that's on normal. I can only imagine on a higher difficulty.

PSN: FadedBlackangel
XBL: FadedBlackangel
Wii U: FadedArchangel

Postby chriskilla10 » Oct 09, 2014 12:18 am

FadedBlackangel wrote:Yea, tough to say. When I read that enemies drop ammo, I know a few people who would say that means it's not looking to be a survival horror game, just based on that fact alone since enemies dropping ammo is a very common thing in more action-oriented, shooter games.

From reading the other thread ammo sounds pretty scarce though, and that's on normal. I can only imagine on a higher difficulty.

Ya, this made me realize that the evil within won't be the pure survival horror game I have expected it to be at all, but just a scarier and harder version of resident evil 4. What I really expected is a game with large levels each with resident evil old adventure,backtracking like puzzles , and scarce ammo that is not dropped from enemies. But this game doesn't seem to have much of these, which really disappoints me.
chriskilla10

Postby Boxman_red » Oct 09, 2014 4:35 pm

SPOILER
saw a game-play in youtube where you are in some strange place and there a wall that scream and blood comes out and it make a door that was scary
Boxman_red

Favorite Title: Bioshock

Postby yourfrag » Oct 10, 2014 7:48 pm

The ammo will be very limited, dont worry, just play on survival and when you finish the game, you will unlock harder difficulty called nightmare and then theres yet AKUMU difficulty. You will be then grateful, if enemy that had a gun drops you some ammo, believe me. And if you think about it, its does make sense. I think alot of fans are going to be happy with this game. And by the way, I hated playing The Last of Us Remastered on grounded difficulty and the enemy never drops me ammo even if they had a gun.
yourfrag

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: heragodx

Postby Nimrod » Oct 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Boxman_red wrote:SPOILER
saw a game-play in youtube where you are in some strange place and there a wall that scream and blood comes out and it make a door that was scary

what the..I am genuinely terrified. :lol:
Nimrod

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak