The Evil Within packaging

(Discuss the game)

The Evil Within packaging

Postby Dusk Golem » Oct 09, 2014 3:15 am

This is such a minor thing, but I thought it deserved its own topic here. We've known for a while The Evil Within includes a reversible cover with a voted design, which is awesome and makes appealing packaging. However, this video and another video brought something to my attention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBaBaY9Li1A

For this day and age, they've really done a few extra nice things for the packaging. The game includes a full color manual, and first print editions of the game include a lenticular slipcover. Which, again, a minor thing, but very cool that they've decided to put some effort into the packaging as it seems to be something most devs and publishers neglect in this day and age, and why I think it's worth mentioning/discussing.
Dusk Golem

Re: The Evil Within packaging

Postby LeonEvil666 » Oct 09, 2014 5:12 am

The lenticular 3D is Limited Edition of the game
LeonEvil666

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: LeonEvil666

Postby Dusk Golem » Oct 09, 2014 5:30 am

LeonEvil666 wrote:The lenticular 3D is Limited Edition of the game

Yes, or first print copies. The reason why is because apparently all pre-order copies of the game in America have been upgraded to a limited edition copy... but there's no limited edition in America. There have been three unboxing videos I have seen, all American copies of the game, all have had a lenticular 3D cover, and all have had nothing else of the limited edition but the pre-order fighting chance pack. And one person who did an unboxing video commented that all pre-orders for the game in America come with the 3D cover.
Dusk Golem

Postby LeonEvil666 » Oct 09, 2014 7:08 am

Dusk Golem wrote:
LeonEvil666 wrote:The lenticular 3D is Limited Edition of the game

Yes, or first print copies. The reason why is because apparently all pre-order copies of the game in America have been upgraded to a limited edition copy... but there's no limited edition in America. There have been three unboxing videos I have seen, all American copies of the game, all have had a lenticular 3D cover, and all have had nothing else of the limited edition but the pre-order fighting chance pack. And one person who did an unboxing video commented that all pre-orders for the game in America come with the 3D cover.

I`ve pre-ordered my game at GameStop in Norway and will get the Limited Edition With Lenticular 3D, Sebastians Diary and Fighting Chance Pack, so they have the Limited Edition in Norway and Sweden to. I can take a Picture of i when i get it on Tuesday :)
LeonEvil666

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: LeonEvil666

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 09, 2014 7:22 am

Whoa, a full color manual? That's a rare sight these days!
The alternate cover looks great.
Rikitatsu

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak