Main Character is a HUNK-like masked man?

(Discuss the game)

Main Character is a HUNK-like masked man?

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 14, 2013 2:22 am

It should be noted that it is not known whether this concept art that Tango released last year is either from Project ZWEI or not, but it should fuel some interesting speculation:

Further more, if you follow Ikumi Nakamura's twitter account or visit her urbex website, you should notice how she is somewhat obsessed with Gas Masks, she wears them a lot (And its her Twitter avatar, too :p)

Gas Masks can also indicate there is some kind of contamination, so if that's the case, I doubt the enemies are going to be super-natural, but rather mutants or what not.
Rikitatsu

Re: Main Character is a HUNK-like masked man?

Postby Kyosuke_Sanada » Jan 22, 2013 1:50 pm

As long as he isn't a silent protagonist.
Kyosuke_Sanada
Hentaiologist

Favorite Title: Dino Crisis
PSN: Sanada_Kyosuke
Steam: Sanada_Kyosuke

Postby Cyberote » Jan 24, 2013 6:50 pm

I am also a fan of gas masks. Would love to have a main character who wears one.
Cyberote

Postby PanamaRed » Jan 25, 2013 2:38 pm

So HUNK is the main character?

Nice find btw. I don´t think the gas mask man is the main character tho.
PanamaRed

Favorite Title: RE:Outbreak

Postby CandyLander » Jan 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Yeah, a gas mask definetly would mean it's about a virus and not anything paranormal.

I would like to have a more human main character, though, not a soldier with a gas mask who's investigating a town where some virus spread (cheesy plot, I know). If this was actually the game's plot, I'd like to see a lot more someone who lived in the town and lost everyone he/she knew. makes any sense? Deep characters help you get into the survival horror mood. An example would be silent hill 2. Not only you want to help james, you also want to understand him, and you feel angry at him at some moments just like you feel sad about him in others. things aren't just happening to him, he's reacting to them. a soldier main character would be just someone who was sent to this town along with some other soldiers, and in the end, one of them is the evil dude who was behind everything since the start and got all the team into the town so he'd test the virus and we have a "big shocking moment" (wow, where did I see this before?).

I'll love the game either way, I'm just saying what I'd like the most.
Last edited by CandyLander on Feb 04, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby PanamaRed » Feb 02, 2013 2:55 pm

I was searching for some info about HUNK when I found this really good video on youtube that explains the use of red lenses and its role in night vision. Maybe rhodopsin and light changes will play a role in the game?

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYlWliofp6E

Oh and btw Riki, if you haven´t noticed yet I am ricyorb from gt. Nice to see you again man.
PanamaRed

Favorite Title: RE:Outbreak

Postby Rikitatsu » Feb 04, 2013 10:30 am

PanamaRed wrote:I was searching for some info about HUNK when I found this really good video on youtube that explains the use of red lenses and its role in night vision. Maybe rhodopsin and light changes will play a role in the game?

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYlWliofp6E

Oh and btw Riki, if you haven´t noticed yet I am ricyorb from gt. Nice to see you again man.

Good to see you man! I thought the avatar was familiar. ;)
Rikitatsu

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak