The media review thread. Embargo ends at midnight 10/13.

(Discuss the game)

Re: The media review thread. Embargo ends at midnight 10/13.

Postby Laphin » Oct 14, 2014 5:17 am

You know, I thought it wasn't true at first.. but it really is.
Some of these reviewers have no business reviewing games and giving out low scores JUST BECAUSE 'they' couldn't play it.. and found it extremely difficult. It's sad that I noticed it with Ryan McCaffrey's Alien: Isolation review.. but now I'm seeing a repetitive thing here with the people who 'low scored' The Evil Within.

It's kindof ridiculous.. these reviewers get so frustrated and angry at the game.. and then take out their emotions in the review. That's just childish... but it seems to be happening.
Laphin

Favorite Title: Alan Wake
PSN: Laphin
Steam: Laphin

Postby BOXMAN » Oct 14, 2014 5:39 am

my Review 9.5/10 Mikami <3
BOXMAN

Favorite Title: Silent Hill /RE

Postby mohdfikree » Oct 16, 2014 1:08 am

I love how until now, buttholes Gamespot (especially Kevin VanOrd) has yet to review the game.
mohdfikree

Favorite Title: The Last Of Us
PSN: Emiratendo
XBL: I HATE MICROSOFT
Wii U: MohdFikree
Steam: Emiratendo

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 17, 2014 3:25 pm

It's weird how Metacritic didn't include Gametrailers and Eurogamer scores.
Rikitatsu

Postby dvader » Oct 17, 2014 5:38 pm

mohdfikree wrote:I love how until now, buttholes Gamespot (especially Kevin VanOrd) has yet to review the game.

GS never got a review copy.
dvader

Postby Goochbot » Oct 18, 2014 10:22 pm

It seems Bethesda weren't particularly confident in the game after all, or at least, in the patience and skill levels of the critics. From Jim Sterling's review:

"It's bad enough that Bethesda even knows it. Alongside my review copy of the game was a note asking that reviewers play on the Casual difficulty setting, not the standard Survival setting (I went with the standard, by the way). Not only that, but each copy came with a sealed envelope containing advice and obscure tips for every single level of the game."

The gaming community has gone soft, lol
Goochbot

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Goochbot
XBL: xI G0OCH Ix
Wii U: Goochbot

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Goochbot wrote:It seems Bethesda weren't particularly confident in the game after all, or at least, in the patience and skill levels of the critics. From Jim Sterling's review:

"It's bad enough that Bethesda even knows it. Alongside my review copy of the game was a note asking that reviewers play on the Casual difficulty setting, not the standard Survival setting (I went with the standard, by the way). Not only that, but each copy came with a sealed envelope containing advice and obscure tips for every single level of the game."

The gaming community has gone soft, lol

It isn't a hard game. Not on Survival, at least. Can't speak for higher difficult levels, as of yet.
gonzzCABJ

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
PSN: gonzzCABJ
Steam: gonzzCABJ

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Casual, is hard (game one) Survial is (Very Hard) Nightmare (Insane, not even got past the first chapter yet, areas are blocked, so areas and routes change) I can't even imagine what the highest setting is like.

but no matter how many times I have died on this game... I have only swore once lol, at that dang dog, but I was laughing a minute later. Its fun and some of the deaths are just so unfair. but I found it amusing, and often apologuised to seb for getting him killed so many times in a roll lol.. ah, good times...

anyway I tend not to read reviews these days. everyone has different view, different tastes, games seem to be rushed these days too, people just expect to just run through it.. go watch a movie if people want that lol, game like this is old school. Tough. its realistic thats what I like best. You have no ammo, last piece of health, can't run.. but there has to be something, even a bottle is a life saver, even thats a risk getting that. Picked one up, didn;t move but the sadist heard the bottle rattle and I was soo dead.

I would review it as a 10, for me its the best game I have played in YEARS. What I have been waiting for. Plus with the dlc, more stories, can't wait.
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak