The media review thread. Embargo ends at midnight 10/13.

(Discuss the game)

Re: The media review thread. Embargo ends at midnight 10/13.

Postby Nimrod » Oct 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
dvader wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Didn't we have someone who said it's better than RE4? Again, opinions. I don't think I particularly value Videogamer's opinion over Abyss.

I'll play the game and see for myself whether it's "RE4 Reborn" or something else.

If it really was better than RE4 people would be going crazy for it. We wouldn't hear the end of it. Reviews would all be 9s and 10s. That is clearly not happening. Of course some people will like it more than RE4 but it won't be the general consensus. When I say it is not better than RE4 I don't mean it as a direct comparison as much as I mean it being that level of loved and respected as a monumental game that will be talked about as one of the greatest games of all time.

Well, it's impossible for TEW to have a fraction of the impact that RE4 had when it launched, that game's innovations were revolutionary and it was a technical marvel. While TEW doesn't seem to be doing anything new, and it's just decent on technical level. (Those animations are nasty, though).

TEW might end up better than RE4 game design-wise, but I don't think it will review as well, simply because it lacks the same impact RE4 had.

Well put.
Nimrod

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame

Postby Tyrant » Oct 12, 2014 10:54 pm

for me this already beats RE4 x 10. I might get burnt at the cross for this lol but RE4 doesnt come into my top 5 of best RE games for various reasons. Nothing wrong with it, I just prefer other games in the series more
Tyrant

Favorite Title: REmake

Postby Laphin » Oct 13, 2014 3:22 am

Tyrant wrote:for me this already beats RE4 x 10. I might get burnt at the cross for this lol but RE4 doesnt come into my top 5 of best RE games for various reasons. Nothing wrong with it, I just prefer other games in the series more

Same.. I don't know what people have with RE4.. I personally did not enjoy it. However I LOVED Resident Evil 1 and 2, as well as Code Veronica.
Laphin

Favorite Title: Alan Wake
PSN: Laphin
Steam: Laphin

Postby Nezarth » Oct 13, 2014 4:59 am

Laphin wrote:
Tyrant wrote:for me this already beats RE4 x 10. I might get burnt at the cross for this lol but RE4 doesnt come into my top 5 of best RE games for various reasons. Nothing wrong with it, I just prefer other games in the series more

Same.. I don't know what people have with RE4.. I personally did not enjoy it. However I LOVED Resident Evil 1 and 2, as well as Code Veronica.

RE4 was so succesfull couse it was genre defining/ Third Person Over the Shoulder and a really cool atmosphere, Bosses, enemies and characters. RE4 is one of the best games created but i also agree that the game doesnt feel like a classic Resident Evil Game. Also the destruction of the series.
Nezarth

Favorite Title: TEW & Alien

Postby yourfrag » Oct 13, 2014 12:34 pm

gonzzCABJ wrote:For me it will DEFINITELY be better than RE4. Specially because I've never loved RE4. I will always have it as the game that changed things, from Survival Horror to the Action oriented. It's not a bad game, but I never really liked it that much.

I have exactly the same opinion and noobs comparing TEW with it and thats awful, because TEW will be always better for survival horror fans
yourfrag

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: heragodx

Postby yourfrag » Oct 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Nezarth wrote:
Laphin wrote:

RE4 was so succesfull couse it was genre defining/ Third Person Over the Shoulder and a really cool atmosphere, Bosses, enemies and characters. RE4 is one of the best games created but i also agree that the game doesnt feel like a classic Resident Evil Game. Also the destruction of the series.

RE should be survival horror game with a dark atmoshere like RE 1 or 2. Not action game, it may be good game for Cod players, but not for survival horror fans.
yourfrag

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: heragodx

Postby robflee23 » Oct 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Everyone needs to understand that The Evil Within was made by a survival horror guru for survival horror fans. Everybody that has been visiting this forum obsessing over the past couple weeks, myself included, will without a doubt love this game. Mikami probably put in all the ideas he had for the original versions of RE4 before it was scrapped and became what it is today. I think the casual gamers will just see this game as solid, challenging, and fun, but we will see it as the next survival horror game to play the absolute shit out of.
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 13, 2014 8:42 pm

I am so glad i don't read reviews. I have got about, well just over halfway through (chapter9) and so far its the best Survial Horror game I have played. Its old school. It hard as hell, but fun at the same time. I died over 20x on a enemy (I won't say which, for spoiler reasons) but.. I just ended up laughing at myself. I then looked back into some notes I picked up and it just thought "... well theres no harm in trying.." it was a crazy idea!! but it friggin worked. It;s stuff like that which you don't get anymore, Looking back on notes, or just thinking back to what was send.Games like this.. have to be paced. Its no action, run in shooting. It doesn't work unless you play it on easy, and get lucky with ammo.
This game is just... WOW!
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby Laphin » Oct 14, 2014 12:01 am

It's midnight!! Where's the reviews!!? :D :D :D~~~
Laphin

Favorite Title: Alan Wake
PSN: Laphin
Steam: Laphin

Postby Jocifer666 » Oct 14, 2014 12:06 am

Well, a hater at IGNorat gave it a favorable review! Didn't understand the story though, but hey- pretty good for someone that didn't like the game at first :)

IGNorant :)
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak