The General Impressions thread - follow spoiler rules.

(Discuss the game)

Re: The General Impressions thread - follow spoiler rules.

Postby ghostcall » Oct 17, 2014 9:33 pm

i am sorry you lost me at chapter 10 to 13.

the game goes fully third person shooter.

the game has nothing to do with survival horror at all.

:evil:
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Goochbot » Oct 17, 2014 11:24 pm

There is a point in the 11th chapter where I thought it was getting a bit too RE5-ish, but generally, I had no problem with the later chapters. I'm not a big fan of the urban environments though, at least, not as much as the earlier ones.
Goochbot

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Goochbot
XBL: xI G0OCH Ix
Wii U: Goochbot

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 18, 2014 6:28 am

ghostcall wrote:the game has nothing to do with survival horror at all.

I wouldn't say that. few chapters go full-on action, but most of the chapters had a focus on horror.
I'm surprised you didn't like Ch.10, one of my favorites.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Oct 18, 2014 11:36 am

Rikitatsu wrote:

I wouldn't say that. few chapters go full-on action, but most of the chapters had a focus on horror.

nether any levels had any focus on horror the whole game just feels a fun challenging third person shooter.

the only thing horror i have seen are just easter eggs to movies not even the atmosphere is scary.
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Postby Dark_Chris » Oct 18, 2014 11:40 am

I agree it's not a survivor horror game. It's RE4 facelift with less ammo.
Dark_Chris

Favorite Title: REmake

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 18, 2014 11:52 am

ghostcall wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:

nether any levels had any focus on horror the whole game just feels a fun challenging third person shooter.

Really? The beginning of Ch.5 is straight up horror. Regardless of whether you were personally scared or not. So is the entirety of Ch.7, and some other chapters that escape me at the moment.

I mean, I wasn't really scared either, then again, I wasn't scared of RE2 and RE3 too. But I can still recognize they are Survival Horror.

Dark_Chris wrote:It's RE4 facelift with less ammo.

So... Survival Horror?
The reason people call RE4 an Action Horror because it empowered the player. TEW gives you much less ammo and enemies that are resilient and challenging.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Oct 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Really? The beginning of Ch.5 is straight up horror. Regardless of whether you were personally scared or not. So is the entirety of Ch.7, and some other chapters that escape me at the moment.

I mean, I wasn't really scared either, then again, I wasn't scared of RE2 and RE3 too. But I can still recognize they are Survival Horror.

nether RE-bone Larua or any enemy scares me at all.

the game keeps and keeps disappoint me as i progress.
ghostcall

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 18, 2014 12:10 pm

ghostcall wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Really? The beginning of Ch.5 is straight up horror. Regardless of whether you were personally scared or not. So is the entirety of Ch.7, and some other chapters that escape me at the moment.

I can say the same thing for most classic RE games (which people hail as exemplary Survival Horror games).
I revisited RE2 a few weeks ago, and honestly the game wasn't scary at all (Aside from THAT licker jump scare) and I finished the game with lots of bullets that didn't get any use.

Point is, even if you aren't personally scared, you can still recognize that the game is going for Horror. A Horror movie that fails to scare you is still a horror movie.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Oct 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
ghostcall wrote:

I can say the same thing for most classic RE games (which people hail as exemplary Survival Horror games).
I revisited RE2 a few weeks ago, and honestly the game wasn't scary at all (Aside from THAT licker jump scare) and I finished the game with lots of bullets that didn't get any use.

Point is, even if you aren't personally scared, you can still recognize that the game is going for Horror. A Horror movie that fails to scare you is still a horror movie.

fails to scare me?

the game Hardly tries to scare me thats my biggest issue with game.

Classic RE are outdated they were scary in the 90s but atleast those games actually TRY to scare you.

even i find RE4 is more scarier with it's very few scary moments.

TEW on other hand just feels third person shooter dressed up as horror game and it drops it's disguise when you reach the last few levels.
ghostcall

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 18, 2014 1:20 pm

ghostcall wrote:fails to scare me?

the game Hardly tries to scare me thats my biggest issue with game.

Classic RE are outdated they were scary in the 90s but atleast those games actually TRY to scare you.

even i find RE4 is more scarier with it's very few scary moments.

TEW on other hand just feels third person shooter dressed up as horror game and it drops it's disguise when you reach the last few levels.

Stuff like tough enemies, aggressive atmosphere, and low resources are all attempts to create horror and tension.
For example, the invisible enemies in chapter 5 are a clear attempt at horror, so yes, the game does try to scare.
Rikitatsu

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak