Evil Within Ending Discussion (Untagged Spoilers)

(Discuss the game)

Evil Within Ending Discussion (Untagged Spoilers)

Postby DizzyWithin » Oct 15, 2014 1:13 am

I finally beat the game on survival, 76 deaths in total! :evil:

I was wondering what your take is on the ending. Is Sebastian imagining the whole thing? Is Leslie alive/dead?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Leslie is still alive somewhere, and Sebastian will possibly go looking for him.

Sebastian's wife Myra is possibly dead.

Hopefully they touch on these subjects in the DLC

What do you think? And what might be the meaning behind the settings we traverse throughout the campaign?
DizzyWithin

Favorite Title: SH:1
PSN: tickldkfiifo
Steam: tickldkfiifo/diz

Re: Evil Within Ending Discussion (Spoilers)

Postby mohdfikree » Oct 15, 2014 1:39 am

I just hope the game will sell well for it to have a continuation (aka a sequel).
mohdfikree

Favorite Title: The Last Of Us
PSN: Emiratendo
XBL: I HATE MICROSOFT
Wii U: MohdFikree
Steam: Emiratendo

Postby DizzyWithin » Oct 15, 2014 3:29 am

mohdfikree wrote:I just hope the game will sell well for it to have a continuation (aka a sequel).

If they expand and wrap up on the story in DLC I would be happy. Not a fan of sequels actually, I prefer 1 great story in a universe as opposed to 20+ sequels. (example: RE/SH/CoD/FF)
DizzyWithin

Postby TheCollector » Oct 15, 2014 3:41 am

I dunno if this is what you mean, but I think the whole thing after entering the asylum was all them being hooked up to that thing with Ruvik's brain in it, and obviously Juli was in on it, and her turning off the moniter was her way of saving Sebastian's life.

And with Leslie, he's the one with whatever powers allowed Ruvik to do what he did, and without Ruvik to trap him, Leslie is finally free. That's what I see anyway.
TheCollector

Postby DizzyWithin » Oct 15, 2014 9:06 am

TheCollector wrote:I dunno if this is what you mean, but I think the whole thing after entering the asylum was all them being hooked up to that thing with Ruvik's brain in it, and obviously Juli was in on it, and her turning off the moniter was her way of saving Sebastian's life.

And with Leslie, he's the one with whatever powers allowed Ruvik to do what he did, and without Ruvik to trap him, Leslie is finally free. That's what I see anyway.

Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts on it. Not sure how Leslie could be free with his "gift" constantly messing things up though.
DizzyWithin

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 15, 2014 11:32 am

I jsut completed it, had to go and have a smoke and a coffee to clear my head lol. It was exhausting playing it, but amazing, best game I have played I think to date, really got ym heart racing. I did 34 times, mostly due to stupid mistakes lol.
I was worried something really messed up was going to happen to Seb. Thank god he got out.. might not be in one piece mentally after that. I don't know who would be. Be a paranoid mess lol.
Still have no idea about those river murders though.. who was killing them, why where so many people missing, including Sed's wife.. did we ever find out what actually happened to her?... many in the DLC that will be explain.
but that end boss battle was epic. heart was in my throat the whole way... now to play it again, still missed SO many archives.. thought I had looked everywhere. I did miss the scene where you cut open the body to get the key on my ps4 version. So I know there must be many things I have missed.. hidden away.
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby Terra2500 » Oct 16, 2014 2:23 am

Replayed the game in survival mode and I died countless of times. Survival mode is so hard and currently I'm at chapter 10.

I was so engrossed on the gameplay that I missed out some of Seb's journals though its right there waiting for me to spot yet I totally forgot all about it when I entered the mirror. However I'm still very confused about the missing people infos.

I found posters about Tatiana's, Leslie's, Joseph's disappearance etc. but no Seb's and Juli's. According to the poster of Joseph, it stated that he went missing when he went to search for someone. I was wondering if that 'someone' they refering to is Sebastian?

In other words, does that mean in the very starting of the game the 3 of them is already inside Ruvik's mind?
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Postby TheCollector » Oct 16, 2014 3:43 am

Terra2500 wrote:Replayed the game in survival mode and I died countless of times. Survival mode is so hard and currently I'm at chapter 10.

I was so engrossed on the gameplay that I missed out some of Seb's journals though its right there waiting for me to spot yet I totally forgot all about it when I entered the mirror. However I'm still very confused about the missing people infos.

I found posters about Tatiana's, Leslie's, Joseph's disappearance etc. but no Seb's and Juli's. According to the poster of Joseph, it stated that he went missing when he went to search for someone. I was wondering if that 'someone' they refering to is Sebastian?

In other words, does that mean in the very starting of the game the 3 of them is already inside Ruvik's mind?

I don't think so, on your last point, from what I've pieced together, they weren't in until they were in the hospital, that Ruvik knocking Seb out, before the cutaway to being held by the Sadist, was when he Joseph and the doctor were knocked out and put in the machine.

Why I see it like that, is at the end when the police barge into the asylum, the layout of bodies is the same as in the beginning, so. And also, Ruvik was actually affecting reality at the time, killing those people, because of the powers he'd gained by having Leslie.
TheCollector

Postby Terra2500 » Oct 16, 2014 5:15 am

TheCollector wrote:
Terra2500 wrote:Replayed the game in survival mode and I died countless of times. Survival mode is so hard and currently I'm at chapter 10.

I don't think so, on your last point, from what I've pieced together, they weren't in until they were in the hospital, that Ruvik knocking Seb out, before the cutaway to being held by the Sadist, was when he Joseph and the doctor were knocked out and put in the machine.

Why I see it like that, is at the end when the police barge into the asylum, the layout of bodies is the same as in the beginning, so. And also, Ruvik was actually affecting reality at the time, killing those people, because of the powers he'd gained by having Leslie.

If Leslie and Jimenez went into Ruvik World I can understand as Leslie was chosen by Ruvik to be his host and Jimenez is he wants revenge on him for stealing his research. But why Ruvik dragged both Seb and Joseph into this?

Remember he told Seb "Too bad they dragged you into this." I kinda suspect that this 'They' are the ones who copied Ruvik's device, caused people's disappearance including Myra and murdered Seb's daughter. And Juli was in league with them. Probably Juli felt guilty about it and saved Seb in the end making him the only sole survivor.

If that's the case, the missing posters were issued after the knockout? Does that mean they had been missing for days but actually they were in Beacon Hospital all along? I still felt there's no connection in the ending part; if they're really being knocked out, placed in the device during the same day as massacre occurred and the posters were also issued on the same day then how do we explain the SWATs team came storming in?

It can't be like everything in just one day?

Sorry if my explanation is confusing... :?
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 16, 2014 7:24 am

I don't know whats going on at the moment in Game +
but the first time I walked into the asylum (safe area) I saw Seb's missing poster, straight off... and a few others since. I remember checking that notice board when i did my first play through.. strange.

I was jsut now thinking about Kidman.. if she's part of this.. then why did she place herself into this world...was it to make sure things went to plan? by using herself as some kind of bait... but if she was working with.. those people in that lab, then why after everything would she save Sebastian? wouldn't he report her... perhaps this will be explained in the DLC.. and perhaps about Sebs wife and other missing persons, the Keeper DLC will cover this :?:
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak