Evil Within Ending Discussion (Untagged Spoilers)

(Discuss the game)

Re: Evil Within Ending Discussion (Untagged Spoilers)

Postby DizzyWithin » Oct 24, 2014 6:29 pm

CandyLander wrote:The first scene can't be in the real world, I think, because Marcelo Jimenez is hurt to the point of being close to death and then he is just alright a few moments later. The same thing happens to Sebastian. That's confusing. Leads me to believe that, when you die in the STEM, you don't really die or even get hurt.

I agree.

In regards to The Keeper, and all the other monsters. Those imo are early test subjects that were lost to Ruvik's conscious. They could also just be parts of Ruvik's mind. Rather than test subjects, they don't actually exist, but are literally terrible thoughts that are in Ruvik's brain. Would actually make sense, considering throughout the story, you are fighting them back to get to your goal. It's literally Ruvik's mind fighting against you.
DizzyWithin

Favorite Title: SH:1
PSN: tickldkfiifo
Steam: tickldkfiifo/diz

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 24, 2014 7:23 pm

I do think you can die in the STEM Marcelo was crushed, at the end you see him clearly dead in the tub along with Connelly *even though I didn't kill him :) ) I think they are kind of lost tortured souls. The chap that looks at the beacon is confused, lost him memory "I can't recall* before turning into a Haunted. Which just made me think about Kidman not having any memory when she was a child.. hmm lol
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby MissRuvikVictoriano » Nov 24, 2014 4:57 am

Okay, hear me out.. I've played the game a few times to catch every bit of detail to make the most sense of it.

How I see it.. is that basically, the STEM machine was set up at Beacon, Leslie was just simply meant to be a test subject, nothing more. Turns out, Leslie was the only one who was completely compatible with Ruvik. Leslie gets put back in the machine for further research, he loses his way, they send in Dr. Jiminez to save him. It's too dangerous so they send in help (Sebastian and whoever else ended up investigating the missing persons cases).

Fast forward a bit, Jiminez is unsuccessful so Kidman's only choice now, is to try and kill Leslie before Ruvik gets to him. Of course, Sebastian is still in the dark about Ruvik's motives to overtake Leslie, Kidman fails to kill Leslie, Ruvik's plan is successful when he "captures" Leslie. When Sebastian wakes up and sees Leslie walking away from the hospital, it's actually Ruvik, but the powers that Ruvik had in the STEM machine are now effective in the real world. The headache that Sebastian experiences, could be from the side effects of the machine or being in Ruvik's presence.

My story is full of holes, but this is just a skeleton of ideas.
MissRuvikVictoriano

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: MissKratos

Postby CandyLander » Nov 25, 2014 3:47 pm

DaveOfTheDead87 wrote:I do think you can die in the STEM Marcelo was crushed, at the end you see him clearly dead in the tub along with Connelly *even though I didn't kill him :) )

That's true.

MissRuvikVictoriano wrote:Okay, hear me out.. I've played the game a few times to catch every bit of detail to make the most sense of it.

How I see it.. is that basically, the STEM machine was set up at Beacon, Leslie was just simply meant to be a test subject, nothing more. Turns out, Leslie was the only one who was completely compatible with Ruvik. Leslie gets put back in the machine for further research, he loses his way, they send in Dr. Jiminez to save him. It's too dangerous so they send in help (Sebastian and whoever else ended up investigating the missing persons cases).

Fast forward a bit, Jiminez is unsuccessful so Kidman's only choice now, is to try and kill Leslie before Ruvik gets to him. Of course, Sebastian is still in the dark about Ruvik's motives to overtake Leslie, Kidman fails to kill Leslie, Ruvik's plan is successful when he "captures" Leslie. When Sebastian wakes up and sees Leslie walking away from the hospital, it's actually Ruvik, but the powers that Ruvik had in the STEM machine are now effective in the real world. The headache that Sebastian experiences, could be from the side effects of the machine or being in Ruvik's presence.

My story is full of holes, but this is just a skeleton of ideas.

It might be full of holes but it's the best version there is.
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby Malcolm Wade » Nov 26, 2014 12:18 am

Valtia wrote:I do think now that Leslie might have been hooked up to STEM, or due to his being connected before, Ruvik has some hold on him, enough to materialize in the real world and kill the Beacon Mental Hospital staff. The repeat of that scene later left me really lost, so just guessing here.

That does make sense.

Maybe they kept a close eye on Leslie and unplugged him every so often( especially when there were signs of Ruvik being present), hoping that they'd have Ruvik in their hands and then try to destroy him while he was in Leslie's body. Or at least she thought she had him.

She did try to kill towards the end. How come she didn't try it in the beginning or in the middle of the game? It was towards the end instead. I could be way off but it's something to ponder on.

Something to think about...

People in the hospital were dead upon arrival. Now, all of us think that they were already hooked up to STEM. Yes, that makes sense. We are seeing this in dream state. Now, we are also seeing this when Sebastian wakes up from STEM. Everybody is dead during this time too.

Well, maybe there isn't a real world in the game at all ( Just the part when Kidman is above him in the hospital, then he goes under again, to protect him from others lurking around. I think she's just using Sebastian and others to get her job done.) It's possible that all of this from start to beginning was indeed the world of Ruvik, and that we've never experienced the real world in this game at all.

Another thing had me thinking. Why send anyone into the machine at all. Was it to get any secret information that Ruvik may have about the tests that were going on, so they can have it for themselves? Why would you even put a boy into a machine that is presumably compatible with someone so dangerous. I mean, that could be bad for everyone if things were to get out of hand. The people that are responsible for the main characters going into the machine must have a really secret agenda.

What are your thoughts about this? I mean, what is the main motive here. Is it secret information stored in Ruvik's head? So, sending in people and a compatible person is the only way of doing this, right? I read the files in the game and there were a lot of failures with synchronicity. So, there were many attempts to get the right person for the job. It was a kid that was fit for it & some adults to assure his safety. Is this Kidman's plans? I'm just spewing out food for thought. Your thoughts? :)

I think the only real world we'll get to see & play is through the eyes of Kidman in the upcoming DLC. Hey, I could be wrong but it's something to think about. I'm guessing that a major part of Kidman DLC will take place in the hospital. I think that will answer a lot of questions, and all of the ones that are lingering could be answered via smaller mission and/or hidden items or files.

All thoughts here are very interesting. Who knows...maybe the DLC will surprise everyone.

One of the biggest mysteries in the game is that hospital.

Do you all agree?
Malcolm Wade
Vril Summoner

Favorite Title: F.E.A.R

Postby Dr. Marcus » Dec 08, 2014 1:12 pm

Here are some of my thoughts after finishing the game and reading all the newspapers/journals etc.

-Sebastian's wife got kidnapped by the organization, because she got too close knowing the truth. Her faith though is unknown. Some people are speculating that Sebastian shot her wife after finding her braindead in a STEM tub (the scene where the screen is quite red, you wake up in a tub, you see Kidman, and then get shot by Sebastian). As far as I know, all those "red scenes" were Sebastian seeing someone else's memories.

-I'm quite sure that everyone is already in the STEM when the game starts. First, I just don't think that Ruvik was able to materialize in the real world, kill those people, and even put people to the STEM. Secondy, the missing people posters prove that Joseph was last seen on his way home, Connelly disappeared while on patrol and his car was found on the outskirts of town, and Seb was last seen investigating the missing people. Yet in the beginning of the game they are all in the same vehicle. I also want to mention that the streets are completely empty at that point and not a single person is seen. Everything points to the fact that they were kidnapped by the organization before the game starts. I'm quite sure the DLC explains how we got to the STEM in the first place.

-By far the biggest question at this point is: Did Sebastian wake up in the real world at the end, or is he still in the STEM? The most obvious answer would be that yes, he's now in the real world, and so is Ruvik (in Leslie's body). But if this was the real world, how the hell are the bodies of the cops still there like they were in the beginning of the game? This one will most likely be answered in the DLC, because we'll probably see what actually happened at the end when we see Kidman and the scientists.

-Kidman just seems to be tied to pretty much everything, because she know's what's going on, and she's with the organization. I miss the good old days when we didn't have to pay for a DLC to get the full understanding of the story.
Dr. Marcus

Favorite Title: RE Remake

Postby Jocifer666 » Dec 08, 2014 3:16 pm

I actually think you're on to a lot of things there, Doctor. Perhaps we'll see Ruvik as Leslie in a sequel?

I'll write my thoughts about the end and such, after I complete my second play through of the game. I can decipher more of the game's plot that way :).
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Dr. Marcus » Dec 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:Perhaps we'll see Ruvik as Leslie in a sequel?

Yeah, that would seem to be the most obvious route to the sequel at this point: Ruvik in the real world with all the powers he had in the STEM, wanting revenge for the organization, and possibly for all the humanity after everything what happened to him.
Dr. Marcus

Favorite Title: RE Remake

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 10, 2014 2:30 pm

One thing worth mentioning, on one of the loading screens you've got a Sebastian Castellanos patient file with Beacon's logo on it. I think this, and the other evidence confirms that Sebastian was hooked up to STEM before the game began.

The only remaining question is who killed the hospital staff in the beginning? Unless the ending was STEM too, which would honestly suck.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Dec 10, 2014 5:27 pm

This is going to sound weird, but I actually think The Sadist is another one of Ruvik's servants/ assistants- like my theory with Titania. Although it's only conjecture, I think he helped Ruvik dismember/ mutilate the bodies- so evidence pointing toward Ruvik and his experiments would be covered up. We already know there were victims who had surgery performed one them, one of the first newspaper clippings confirmed that. Ruvik wouldn't want to get any more attention, so he'd use a more unstable and easily manipulated patient to help. With that being said, I do think he killed those at Beacon, in the beginning. Maybe he even connected them all to STEM there, but that's unlikely.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak