The creepy atmosphere and details

(Discuss the game)

Re: The creepy atmosphere and details

Postby Biohazard » Nov 04, 2012 1:47 am

agreed!
Project Zero was my first game that i couldn't finish unter months!
i was scared everytime and that's why i love the project zero series and survival horror.

Pz idea was like old japanese horror movies.
A young girl and a big mansion, no guns or something like this, only a camera.
I think this japanese horror fits better in games, horror like grudge, ju on.
If zwei has this atmosphere i guess it could be a hard enemy for other games.
________________Resident Evil 5 Playtime: 506hrs 54min 52sec_______________
________________Resident Evil 6 Playtime: 102hrs 28min 25sec_______________
Biohazard

Postby Zwei » Nov 04, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm buying this shit, been waiting for a game with the old school resident evil atmosphere since resident evil 3, hence 2 whole generations in gaming! I hated resident 5 so much that I decided to boycott 6 (it's good to see it was terrible anyway) and I never really got into dead space, it felt too action-y for my liking and silent hill is just downright broken this gen.
My expectations for this game are massive, so I hope the game is just like Mikami's masterpiece trilogy!
Zwei

Postby Ryudo » Nov 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Be nice to have Tank Controls back. I know it was intentional to add to the fear when trying to get away. Designed on purpose to be clunky. I loved that.
Ryudo

Postby Cyberote » Nov 05, 2012 1:48 am

I'm quite impressed with the concept art so far. Not only is it dark and creepy, but it's also gritty and disturbing as well, which I feel is what is missing from a lot of games these days. We've all seen blood splatters on windows and floors. We're not really affected by it anymore. The header image above is what I'm talking about. It's dark, gritty, isolated and it just gives off an uneasy vibe. Something I haven't gotten since REmake.
Cyberote

Postby Spera01 » Nov 05, 2012 5:48 am

I don't know if anyone has ever read those scary stories books but the art in those were pretty damn disturbing and gritty as hell. That's what the art for this game reminds me of and that's absolutely fantastic. I wasn't a fan of Mikami's last two games (Vanquish, Shadows of the Damned) but I'd absolutely love if this game brought back the feeling I had when I first played REmake. It's looking great so far though! I love that artwork with the stairs. Something about it is just very unsettling.
Spera01

Postby raijin » Nov 05, 2012 10:20 am

One thing I really like about RE4 is the atmosphere, especially the village at the beginning and the more "industrial" environments. Everything has this decaying, "autumn-ish" feel to it. It seems creepy and oppressive, but also is also beautiful in a strange way. The concept art seems to capture this atmosphere perfectly, and if the finished game looks similar in any way, I will probably love it.
raijin

Postby Kyosuke_Sanada » Nov 05, 2012 12:37 pm

I wish that some music samples would be introduced later down the line because I am really excited to see Masafumi Takada as one of the music directors in Tango Gameworks. He did a phenomenal job in Killer 7 and I never heard him do anything horror themed after that which was a shame. Don't get me wrong though, I loved his tracks in Vanquish, No More Heroes and Godhand (I own all of their OST's) so I am crossing my fingers he takes part in Zwei.....
Kyosuke_Sanada
Hentaiologist

Favorite Title: Dino Crisis
PSN: Sanada_Kyosuke
Steam: Sanada_Kyosuke

Postby yurieu » Nov 05, 2012 8:29 pm

well, how about characters?

since there is no room for "cool WWII bomber jackets" (not RE4 leon's girly casual jacket), i hope they bring a woman as a character, so the game can be more memorable.
yurieu

Postby VteX » Nov 05, 2012 10:30 pm

There's a game that most of you knows well it's called Alone in the Dark the new nightmare I jumped a few times in that game all I can Say it beats resident evil in some parts actually the game scared me more than RE but the soundtrack and other things wasn't quite good enough to have a better reputation RE wins on trying to survive AID wins on scaring you.
VteX

Postby yurieu » Nov 08, 2012 7:30 pm

VteX wrote:There's a game that most of you knows well it's called Alone in the Dark the new nightmare I jumped a few times in that game all I can Say it beats resident evil in some parts actually the game scared me more than RE but the soundtrack and other things wasn't quite good enough to have a better reputation RE wins on trying to survive AID wins on scaring you.

are u saying about the last one? the #5? some dudes says its beautiful and has a cool visuals, but the mechanics, camera and gameplay made many people grind the disc.
yurieu

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak