My Review of The Evil Within...

(Discuss the game)

Re: My Review of The Evil Within...

Postby Balance' » Oct 17, 2014 6:05 am

i give it a 10... platinum plus...blows re4 out of the water...for 1...this is more so a game that good ol capcom wouldn't let him make...has a feel of re4.5 (hook man version)...and i wanted that sooo much more than what we got as re4....# 2 im playin on pc... res is 1280x768 and all other settings off or low lol...and it still looks great... pc specs i7 920...6GB ram...Win 7 64...XFX HD R6770 1 GB creative sound blaster audigy 2 zs and with koss ur20 head phones...# 3 as for the fps...30 fps feels just fine...aspect ratio is good as well (you don't even notice after a while)...all in all im happy with it...maybe we will get some more from tango =]
Balance'

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 17, 2014 11:15 am

there's gonna be dlc and theres a lot to work with in the future. I guess they will see how this goes, see the sales and go from there I really hope to see more of this. I did want it to be a one off, as some games go ott down the line, but.. I liked the way Seb is basically just an normal guy. Not young , like in his 20s lol and he's not the fittest to start with, a smoker and a drinker. Its realistic. He gets hurt.. its gonna slow him down., and the aiming I have fully upgraded but its still not 100% dead on and thats good, it still makes it hard, even if you are maxed out.
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby DeHeerser » Oct 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Some guy wrote:

"However my only problems with game is shoving the casual movie interactive experience where you are forced to go forward like uncharted or the game takes away your control for cutscene or scripted event or you can't go back to areas."

This, this and this. Truth my friends, Truth.

First time I played through I kept reloading because one step too many and the entire area gets closed off including the items you need to survive. That shit NEVER happened in any RE or SH.

Story is overal incoherent bullshit. If Chick wants to kill Leslie why didnt she do it right off the bat. Why was this "possession" of Seb just a one time event? Ruvic built his research together with Jiminez after his parents sent him to the asylum. But instead his father locked him in his basement after the barn fire incident?

Final boss is bullshit. It doesnt matter how much you upgraded yourself. It's completely scripted.

And what about this Keeper guy? You kill him for good by dropping the ceiling on him. But the game realised its final boss was cheap so they let you fight two keepers as final boss.

And what about this nurse? And this crazy lawyer shade? What are their purposes?

Agree though that gameplay is very good. But I would have liked it to be more extreme. More enemies in one room, more gruesome environment traps, more intimidating enemy types. And most of all: more peasant villages, mansions, manors, castles...Most of all: more backtracking. RE4 was more thrilling. Luring giants into lava vats, minecart rides, etcetera...
DeHeerser

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DeHeerser

Postby CandyLander » Oct 28, 2014 11:56 am

DeHeerser wrote:Story is overal incoherent bullshit. If Chick wants to kill Leslie why didnt she do it right off the bat. Why was this "possession" of Seb just a one time event? Ruvic built his research together with Jiminez after his parents sent him to the asylum. But instead his father locked him in his basement after the barn fire incident?

1 - We'll learn more about Kidman in the DLC, so that will be answered.
2 - It wasn't a one time event. It was going to keep happening more frequently untill he became a haunted.
3 - Ruvik built it by his own in the basement. Jimenez helped him with stuff like getting the patients to do tests on, etc. And this was all after the barn fire incident. Before the fire, Ruvik was a normal kid. The only time that I speculate Ruvik could've been thrown into the asylum was after Jimenez stole his work/burned his house down.
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak