Chapter 9 Ruvik Question

(Discuss the game)

Chapter 9 Ruvik Question

Postby Valtia » Oct 16, 2014 10:30 am

I did make an account mostly to ask this, but I've been lurking for a while now. I don't know if this needs to go within the game section, or Ruvik's section, so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

My sister kind of took my game from me, I only got to do chapters 1 and 2. Once she got to Chapter 9, I got really excited. I've seen a lot of people wondering if Ruvik's appearances are randomly generated. I'm thinking they are for one reason, but I am not sure, so I wanted to see where he's appeared for everyone. Don't think I need spoiler tags, but just to be on the safe side...

He appeared before she activated the brain in the kitchen? off the dining room I believe. That was the first brain she went to if it matters.

His second appearance was at the top of the library where you get the upper safe dial. He appeared before she even got off that area. In fact, he got her when she was going down the ladder, which killed her. I don't know if his touch knocked Sebastian off the ladder or he pushed Sebastian, I couldn't tell. She said push.

Here's why I'm thinking it's random: we were all geared up to run after grabbing the upper dial. No Ruvik. There were many Haunted around, wondering maybe if it's random or if he's programmed not to be around so many Haunted. (By so many I mean like five. I know, sooo many.)

He then appeared in Ruvik's Room after picking up the file.

We didn't see him again until he appeared about two rooms down after she activated the final brain off his parents' room. He either chased her to the entrance hall or appeared there again, I can't remember. I'll have to ask her when she gets home.
Valtia

Re: Chapter 9 Ruvik Question

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 16, 2014 11:07 am

He appears randomly in that area. I died several times when he appeared after i opened a door.. made me jump like hell lol and I was soon dead. I did something sweet though. I was running away from him, just missed being killed, then I ran into the trap that pulls you wards the swirling cutting. I looked to the side and saw him just standing watching me.. I managed to shoot the switch Just in time, he then vanished, but appeared again staight after, just managed to crawl into the fire play. Its the kind of thing when you have to be there. it was rather epic lol. Like the time later in game where
I had to Jump over Chainsaw chappy .. either that or get slaughted by the haunted... turned and used my last shot gun bullet to kill him :D whoop
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby Valtia » Oct 16, 2014 12:27 pm

I am so, so happy he didn't appear after opening a door. Watch, he'll do that to me when I play now that I've said that. It seems you also have enough time to look around and find him so you know which way to run, at least.
Valtia

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Yes, he's random.

Also, I keep hearing people saying he's unfair because he can corner you in a room and insta-kill you. But there is a way to actually bypass him even if he corners you: You know how he disappears for a moment if you shoot him? Shoot him and quickly sprint through him and you won't get attacked. /off-topic.
Rikitatsu

Postby Valtia » Oct 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Yes, he's random.

Also, I keep hearing people saying he's unfair because he can corner you in a room and insta-kill you. But there is a way to actually bypass him even if he corners you: You know how he disappears for a moment if you shoot him? Shoot him and quickly sprint through him and you won't get attacked. /off-topic.

Thanks, that's really nice to know. I look forward to that chapter, but I'm also a little scared of running from him as well.
Valtia

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak