Do we want a sequel?

(Discuss the game)

Re: Do we want a sequel?

Postby CandyLander » Oct 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Dusk Golem wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Does the story allow for a sequel? I mean, sure they could make TEW 2, But will they be able to present a sense of mystery like the first game?

Personally, I'd like Mikami to work on a new IP next. Maybe have another team within Tango make a sequel.

Without spoiling anything, the end of the game definitely leaves room for a sequel.

They also said back when the game was first revealed as The Evil Within that if the game did well they would like to make it a franchise.

I know that (I have already beaten the game) What I'm saying is that it will be hard to create a sense of mystery as the first game. Which was one of the foundations of TEW.

But you could say that about any first game of a big franchise. Did RE1 leave room for a sequel? As far as people knew, there were no zombies outside the mansion. And it was blown up.

If we think outside the box, the story does leave space for a sequel. Maybe
the game takes a "psychic" curve and the "mind world" that was created within the game could start invading the "real world" through the people that were exposed to it.

Maybe
a new doctor tries to continue Ruvik's work.

There are many ways the game could be presented and what is happening wouldn't be obvious. There would be a mistery.

And there are so many sub-plots like
Laura, or Seb's family,
that, even if the main plot is predictable, the story would still be decent.

Or maybe I'm just too positive. I want a sequel! :D
Last edited by CandyLander on Oct 19, 2014 1:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 18, 2014 8:32 pm

CandyLander wrote:But you could say that about any first game of a big franchise. Did RE1 leave room for a sequel? As far as people knew, there were no zombies outside the mansion. And it was blown up.

If we think outside the box, the story does leave space for a sequel. Maybe
the game takes a "psychic" curve and the "mind world" that was created within the game could start invading the "real world" trough the people that were exposed to it.

Maybe
a new doctor tries to continue Ruvik's work.

And there are many ways the game could be presented and what is happening wouldn't be obvious. There would be a mistery.

And there are so many sub-plots like
Laura or Seb's family
that, even if the main plot is predictable, the story would still be decent.

Or maybe I'm just too positive. I want a sequel! :D

I like the way you think.
gonzzCABJ

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
PSN: gonzzCABJ
Steam: gonzzCABJ

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 18, 2014 9:00 pm

it makes sense for someone to carry on the work. Maybe The *people* that took Ruvik from his work, stopping the end result he was was looking for. Maybe they used his notes, and used Ruvik as a key to start it, to get it working, and thats why Ruvik said "This is my world, you cannot keep me here. We know he wants out too. So he is just a part of it, but what are *they after* what is Kid scared of, what is making her work for them.. this leaves a lot to work with, even if a lot is explained in the dlc... I want to know why we get to play the Keeper...there has to be something important involving that.. gah. I didn't want this game to end lol so roll on another, longs it keeps the main characters, seb, Kid, and who ever else survived.. I wanted to see at the end what Seb did after it all.. we just see him walk out, game over. If I was him I would go mad.. not knowing if it was the real world or not. His wifes still missing, and he's no closer to finding the killer of his daughter.
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby May-Be-Zig » Oct 19, 2014 12:02 am

after reading some of the posts here .. I got pumped for a sequel xD
IMO,Kidman's DLC might add more mystery to the story instead of explaining some
I still look at her like Ada dunno why
May-Be-Zig

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby BradAKARob » Oct 19, 2014 5:03 pm

I just finished this game 9.9/10. This is the best game I have ever played. I only said that one other time and that was a tie between RE1 and RE3.

They left the story wide open, like huge. I hope they make a second game. The problem is the guy that made this game might not want to be as involved as much in a second one if they make it. He might just be like ok guys we are making The Evil Within 2, now go to it. I guess I would be ok with that only if he reviewed it the entire time it was in development to make sure it was solid.

What I am trying to say as most of you know the lead developer in this game has his own ticket, he is a genius in my opinion. Most anything he is involved in goes gold. I think he is the type of guy that does horror very well but he also does many other things so he can be adaptive in different situations, which is good I think. Another reason he might switch to something else is if they make a second game it will sell no matter what because this one was so good. Any spin off from The Evil Within will sell well 100% sure on that.

He said if it sold well we would get a second game, so there you have it the game sold well. Again best game I ever played I will be playing this game for the next 6 months. I hope if they do make a second one they keep the main character Sebastian he is so cool, and kind hearted.

*I need to add this. The reason I did not give this a 10 is I do not like the girl in this game she acts way to entitled and snobbish. I know alot of you will disagree with me and that is cool it is just my opinion, I strongly dislike her because of her attitude. I think she is like well I showed up what more do you want? There are to many people like that today in this world.
BradAKARob

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
XBL: FixedCandy

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 19, 2014 5:56 pm

I think Kid is like that because
"I know something you don't" like she is testing them, like Seb wrote, he feels like she watching him like his somekind of test subject. It was along them lines can't remember it fully word from word lol. I think thats why she comes across this way. Seb never did trust here.. but perhaps he has her reasons to be involved. I guess the DLC will explain that side... but still there's A LOT they can do.. and why did Sebastian still here that high pitch ringing when he was either Leslie or Ruvik leaving the hospital.. the police would have stopped a patient and placed them into another hospital.. so is it still going on... is Seb really out of the STEM?
gah! need another game :p
DaveOfTheDead87

Postby DampRevil » Oct 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Valtia wrote:You said it better than me. I generally have some semblance of plot, and I am hopelessly lost. A sequel would answer so many questions, but at this point, I'd take a graphic novel like Anne's Story from Silent Hill: Downpour.

I certainly wouldn't mind a graphic novel, but I think I'd rather have a sequel. Mainly for the experience of having another game.

To answer the question about room for a sequel, of course there is. The game ends with Sebastian witnessing Leslie's escape from the Asylum. To add to that, Sebastian is the only one who can see Leslie. I'm assuming that whatever has happened, it's carrying over to the real world. That alone could warrant a sequel. If the concern is about a sequel being as mysterious as the first game, I'm sure the writers can make it happen.

Lastly, regarding Juli's campaign, I don't think it's going to clarify all of the mysteries from the main story. Her campaign is probably only going to address the mysteries concerning her character. However, seeming as if a large majority of the story's mysteries involve Juli, I'm sure we'll get a lot of clarification.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby CandyLander » Oct 19, 2014 6:25 pm

DaveOfTheDead87 wrote:I think Kid is like that because
"I know something you don't" like she is testing them, like Seb wrote, he feels like she watching him like his somekind of test subject. It was along them lines can't remember it fully word from word lol. I think thats why she comes across this way. Seb never did trust here.. but perhaps he has her reasons to be involved. I guess the DLC will explain that side... but still there's A LOT they can do.. and why did Sebastian still here that high pitch ringing when he was either Leslie or Ruvik leaving the hospital.. the police would have stopped a patient and placed them into another hospital.. so is it still going on... is Seb really out of the STEM?
gah! need another game :p

I think
Seb is still in the STEM at the end of the game.
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 19, 2014 6:46 pm

glad I'm not the only one to think that :)
just makes sense seeing as he was already in a dream like state, seeing him asleep, he could still be in a experiment seeing as Julie said something like, leave the rest, they won't be leaving, no body does, so the bodies, dead ones are gone, but the ones that are still alive could still be hooked up, seeing as after Kid said this Sebastian falls back to sleep.
DaveOfTheDead87

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak