Do we want a sequel?

(Discuss the game)

Do we want a sequel?

Postby robflee23 » Oct 17, 2014 3:00 pm

So, I beat TEW yesterday, and absolutely loved it. RE4 and REmake are my 2 favorite video games of all time, RE4 coming in at number 1, and this is basically a mix of the 2 with a dash of RE5 in it, in a good way. As soon as I finished, I IMMEDIATELY jumped back into new game+ to try to find all the statues and collectables, which I haven't done with a game since RE4. I'm hooked.

That being said, isn't this Shinji's retirement game? I have no idea how the sales are going to do, and the fact that the majority of the reviews are insanely positive, they might do better than expected, but if he isn't going to be in charge of the sequel, it might just be Resident Evil all over again.

In my opinion, TEW is literally the perfect blend of intense action and dreading anxiety, having to spend your resources only when necessary and vital to getting solid headshots and timing when to land a stealth kill. However, Mikami is one of the few people in the industry in today's day in age, that can pull this off so perfectly.

So I ask again, do we want a sequel if Mikami isn't going to be involved? Or will this series too go down the dreaded RE path of getting rid of resource management in favor of trying to appease the masses by throwing in Michael Bay action and stupid Gears of War bromances?
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Do we want a sequel?

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 17, 2014 3:21 pm

Does the story allow for a sequel? I mean, sure they could make TEW 2, But will they be able to present a sense of mystery like the first game?

Personally, I'd like Mikami to work on a new IP next. Maybe have another team within Tango make a sequel.
Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » Oct 17, 2014 8:51 pm

I would love to see a sequel, however, only if it continued the story from the first game. The Evil Within has so many unanswered questions that it would seem unfair for a sequel to feature a new cast and story.
DampRevil

PSN: DampRevil

Postby Valtia » Oct 17, 2014 9:36 pm

DampRevil wrote:I would love to see a sequel, however, only if it continued the story from the first game. The Evil Within has so many unanswered questions that it would seem unfair for a sequel to feature a new cast and story.
You said it better than me. I generally have some semblance of plot, and I am hopelessly lost. A sequel would answer so many questions, but at this point, I'd take a graphic novel like Anne's Story from Silent Hill: Downpour.
Valtia

Postby CandyLander » Oct 17, 2014 10:44 pm

I'm expecting a sequel. It was almost confirmed by Shinji that there would be more of this game if it was succesful, right? Except he won't be the one directing it.
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby Dusk Golem » Oct 18, 2014 5:47 am

Rikitatsu wrote:Does the story allow for a sequel? I mean, sure they could make TEW 2, But will they be able to present a sense of mystery like the first game?

Personally, I'd like Mikami to work on a new IP next. Maybe have another team within Tango make a sequel.

Without spoiling anything, the end of the game definitely leaves room for a sequel.

They also said back when the game was first revealed as The Evil Within that if the game did well they would like to make it a franchise.
Dusk Golem

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 18, 2014 6:26 am

Dusk Golem wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Does the story allow for a sequel? I mean, sure they could make TEW 2, But will they be able to present a sense of mystery like the first game?

Without spoiling anything, the end of the game definitely leaves room for a sequel.

They also said back when the game was first revealed as The Evil Within that if the game did well they would like to make it a franchise.

I know that (I have already beaten the game) What I'm saying is that it will be hard to create a sense of mystery as the first game. Which was one of the foundations of TEW.
Rikitatsu

Postby DizzyWithin » Oct 18, 2014 7:59 am

I don't want a sequel, I would rather they wrap the story up in DLC.
DizzyWithin

Favorite Title: SH:1
PSN: tickldkfiifo
Steam: tickldkfiifo/diz

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 18, 2014 2:02 pm

DizzyWithin wrote:I don't want a sequel, I would rather they wrap the story up in DLC.

This.
I wouldn't mind if they make a sequel, because I really liked the game. But we still gotta wait for the DLCs and see but these bring us.
gonzzCABJ

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
PSN: gonzzCABJ
Steam: gonzzCABJ

Postby robflee23 » Oct 18, 2014 2:10 pm

[/quote]I know that (I have already beaten the game) What I'm saying is that it will be hard to create a sense of mystery as the first game. Which was one of the foundations of TEW.[/quote]

But on the flipside to that, they could make the sequel even crazier now that everybody knows what is behind it all, and it will still be mysterious and exciting because you never know what will come next which is one of my biggest things that I love about this game: the unpredictability of where you'll be next.
robflee23

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak