Horde mode please!

(Discuss the game)

Horde mode please!

Postby Jdhussle82 » Oct 19, 2014 7:29 am

I really love evil within as a whole but I enjoy the combat most of all. Makami did an excellent job of balancing the elements as far as story, combat, and puzzles. I'm hoping there's a horde mode in upcoming dlc. That would further the replay value even more than it already has. I was thinking no timers because re4 mercenaries was too stressful always worrying about time. The evil within is already so challenging that a timer would ruin the experience. I just want arenas where I have to defend something and the enemies slowly come pouring in. The longer I survive the more enemies it throws at you. I know the environments are claustrophobic so it won't be tons of enemies. Also keep the enemies varied like in the main game. Love that. I could start out with only a melee weapon or pistol and over time there's ammo and weapon drops the longer I stay alive. Something like that would be amazing. I know if upcoming dlc we play as the keeper and defend something so why not add to where we can choose other characters. Men and women. Anyways just an idea to keep this game going. Keep up the good work Bethesda and tango!!
Jdhussle82

Favorite Title: RE4--Evil Within
PSN: Jdhussle82

Re: Horde mode please!

Postby STALKERA90 » Oct 19, 2014 8:39 am

100% agree
STALKERA90
THE EVIL WITHIN

Favorite Title: SILENT HILL
PSN: ruslan9005291749
XBL: STALKERA90

Postby kosmos within » Oct 19, 2014 9:17 am

I really don't understand why this game don't have a mini game like the mercenaries from RE from day 1. Sadly nothing like this will be included in the season pass.
kosmos within

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 19, 2014 10:17 am

I would like something other to do, but I can see why they are not doing it. Over killing enemies etc makes them lose their fear factors. Resi6 you are just running and killing as many as possible, its fun don't get me wrong. I play a bit of Rock while playing mercs lol, but this is a single player survival horror. Glad this wasn't co-op and I woulsn't want anyone stepping on my toes getting me killed or vice-versa
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 19, 2014 6:44 pm

DaveOfTheDead87 wrote:I would like something other to do, but I can see why they are not doing it. Over killing enemies etc makes them lose their fear factors. Resi6 you are just running and killing as many as possible, its fun don't get me wrong. I play a bit of Rock while playing mercs lol, but this is a single player survival horror. Glad this wasn't co-op and I woulsn't want anyone stepping on my toes getting me killed or vice-versa

This.
gonzzCABJ

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
PSN: gonzzCABJ
Steam: gonzzCABJ

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 19, 2014 6:59 pm

the only thing I could think that would be scary and mp, would be to have a cat and mouse, a bit like they did with ZombieU in some ways. one person a main character, then the other player would be the keeper, have like a maze, and then the main character would have to try and escape, but as the keeper you could spawn in random locations, place traps before they head down a path, cut em off. That would be fun, and If its another like ZombiU mp... I would crap myself lol, mate often jsut spawned things around behind a corner just to scare me senseless :p
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 19, 2014 7:31 pm

DaveOfTheDead87 wrote:the only thing I could think that would be scary and mp, would be to have a cat and mouse, a bit like they did with ZombieU in some ways. one person a main character, then the other player would be the keeper, have like a maze, and then the main character would have to try and escape, but as the keeper you could spawn in random locations, place traps before they head down a path, cut em off. That would be fun, and If its another like ZombiU mp... I would crap myself lol, mate often jsut spawned things around behind a corner just to scare me senseless :p

That sounds like a damn good idea. Let's see what's in store with that DLC where we get to be The Keeper. Doubt it will be the same, but still, I am curious.
gonzzCABJ

Postby robflee23 » Oct 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Horde mode was made for RE4 because that game is non-stop shooting everything in sight, while TEW is more methodical and slower paced. I personally would LOVE to see like a challenge mode, like kill Laura with your weapons only and NO FIRE, or try to clear Chapter 9 using only Stealth, or fight the Keeper but you're limping the entire time like in Chapter 1. I'd be so hooked.
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby DampRevil » Oct 19, 2014 9:13 pm

Maybe they'll create a mode later on down the road. Its not included in the season pass, but that doesn't mean thy won't create one later!

My only assumption as to why there's no extra game modes is because Tango probably wants the game to remain primarily story driven.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 19, 2014 9:31 pm

DampRevil wrote:Maybe they'll create a mode later on down the road. Its not included in the season pass, but that doesn't mean thy won't create one later!

My only assumption as to why there's no extra game modes is because Tango probably wants the game to remain primarily story driven.

And because DLCS.
gonzzCABJ

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak