Dont know what i think of this game... [SPOILERS]

(Discuss the game)

Dont know what i think of this game... [SPOILERS]

Postby Nezarth » Oct 19, 2014 10:26 am

First sorry for my bad english.

After such long wait to have the perfect survival horror game, i dont really know if this is the game..
The game has so many jumps with locations, as soon you get immersed in a awsome kinda scary location the game just takes that away with some bullshit action shit.. and it was alot of them in the game.

I have finished chapter 12 right now and im not scared for the most part of the game.. there was a few parts of some chapters that was up to Cry of Fear scare Level wich i really enjoyed and that picture shit in the hub and all the lights turns off.. that was scary as !"#¤, i just keep telling myself ''Meh the game will get scary later im just at chapter 4.. and cha: 5 6 7 and it goes on.. and that ''The Ride Chapter'' that was really bad level haha.. Call of Duty shit.

The level design is mostly linear in alot of chapters, i just wish that the game had alot of backtracking in the levels something that Cry of Fear and Alien Isolation did very well.

Also with the ammo, i really didnt run out of ammo of any weapon except Crossbow all the way to chapter 13, it feels like as soon you get low on ammo the enemies starts to drop ammo so you always have a chance and dont have to run. The sneak kills in my opinion is really OP and should have been removed it takes so much away from the tension.

Im alittlebit disappointed on how the game turned to be this far but i have to say that the gunplay in this game is one of the best ever, dem headshots man! :o its really fun to kill shit in this game.

i have so many other words i want to write down about this game.. but im to lazy right now.

Mikami i really dont now what you are doing...

Score this far to chapter 13:
7/10
Nezarth

Favorite Title: TEW, Bloodborne

Re: Dont know what i think of this game... [SPOILERS]

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 20, 2014 3:22 pm

This might sound blasphemous to some. But If TEW didn't have checkpoints, I believe it will be scarier than even REMake.

The lack of safety net is the main reason why classic RE games were so tense IMO.

As for the ammo... I kept running out of ammo all the time, and I'm confident in my aim and keep searching areas for more supplies. So I'm amazed that some didn't run out of ammo at all during the entire game... It must be the "randomness" element at play here.
Rikitatsu

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 20, 2014 3:31 pm

I am normally out of ammo, just managed to hunt around for JUST enough to defeat a boss normally ending up killing them with my last bullet, that was very very tense. Either I damn good lol.... or just a very lucky chappy.
I just found out that by shooting crows can drop items, managed to get a load of gel, rifle bullets from the ones around the dead goat.. I do get what you mean, there are a lot of check points, get half way through the little village street and there;s a check point and a safe room enterance.
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby Mortifiedpenguin » Oct 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:This might sound blasphemous to some. But If TEW didn't have checkpoints, I believe it will be scarier than even REMake.

The lack of safety net is the main reason why classic RE games were so tense IMO.

As for the ammo... I kept running out of ammo all the time, and I'm confident in my aim and keep searching areas for more supplies. So I'm amazed that some didn't run out of ammo at all during the entire game... It must be the "randomness" element at play here.

Personally im glad the checkpoints are in the game, but i can see why some people don't like them. I don't think not having checkpoints would make it scarier (just like call of duty wouldn't be scary if it had no checkpoints) but it would be more challenging. An extra mode between Nightmare and Akumu where you have no checkpoints would have been awesome though.
Mortifiedpenguin

Favorite Title: The Evil Within

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Mortifiedpenguin wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:This might sound blasphemous to some. But If TEW didn't have checkpoints, I believe it will be scarier than even REMake.

Personally im glad the checkpoints are in the game, but i can see why some people don't like them. I don't think not having checkpoints would make it scarier (just like call of duty wouldn't be scary if it had no checkpoints) but it would be more challenging. An extra mode between Nightmare and Akumu where you have no checkpoints would have been awesome though.

I think it will make it a lot scarier, but I don't want it in TEW as it is right now because it would be too frustrating. :P
Rikitatsu

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak