Akumu Mode

(Discuss the game)

Akumu Mode

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Well, so I just decided to go through the game again. And after some thinking, I though I'd try to tackle it on this difficult setting... And damn, it is HARD. I mean, I am at the end of chapter 2 and I just got stuck there. I am quite sure that there are more enemies than before and they are a bit smarter too. It's just impossible, I can't kill them all, I can't sneak up behind them without being caught by another one... It's just... Really challenging.

So I decided to create this topic in order to discuss about this, Akumu Mode. Tips and whatnot. So we can all help each other in order to survive this nightmare.

gonzzCABJ

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
PSN: gonzzCABJ
Steam: gonzzCABJ

Re: Akumu Mode

Postby DizzyWithin » Oct 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Beat AKUMU mode a couple nights ago. Most important thing is your crossbow.

I had good results with upgrading crit chance on the pistol. The crit chance can really pay off later on.

Use matches wisely, knock an enemy down and try to time the matches for other oncoming enemies. You can get several kills with one match.

Also, when sneaking up to enemies, stay slightly to the right. On AKUMU mode, they look over their left shoulders and see you.

PRO TIP: Don't get hit, or you die.

PRO TIP 2: Don't upgrade health or syringes.
DizzyWithin

Favorite Title: SH:1
PSN: tickldkfiifo
Steam: tickldkfiifo/diz

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm

DizzyWithin wrote:Beat AKUMU mode a couple nights ago. Most important thing is your crossbow.

I had good results with upgrading crit chance on the pistol. The crit chance can really pay off later on.

Use matches wisely, knock an enemy down and try to time the matches for other oncoming enemies. You can get several kills with one match.

Also, when sneaking up to enemies, stay slightly to the right. On AKUMU mode, they look over their left shoulders and see you.

PRO TIP: Don't get hit, or you die.

PRO TIP 2: Don't upgrade health or syringes.

Will pay attention to these things you say.
Another thing: when enemies fall on their knees, is there something I am able to do to kill them? Because, if I remember correctly, I should be able to stab them right there, right?
gonzzCABJ

Postby DizzyWithin » Oct 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Not when they fall on their knees. They are vulnerable on their knees, but you can't sneak attack them, unless I missed something.

Another thing to watch out for, is the extra traps everywhere. There are so many stupid traps scattered around on AKUMU that will mess you up. Just keep an extra eye out.

Invisible enemies are easy to spot out, just use your crossbow targeting line. The targeting line will hit the invisible enemy and stop. You can see exactly where they are. Or you can use a harpoon bolt, it will stick into them and show their movement.
DizzyWithin

Favorite Title: SH:1
PSN: tickldkfiifo
Steam: tickldkfiifo/diz

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 19, 2014 8:56 pm

DizzyWithin wrote:Not when they fall on their knees. They are vulnerable on their knees, but you can't sneak attack them, unless I missed something.

Another thing to watch out for, is the extra traps everywhere. There are so many stupid traps scattered around on AKUMU that will mess you up. Just keep an extra eye out.

Invisible enemies are easy to spot out, just use your crossbow targeting line. The targeting line will hit the invisible enemy and stop. You can see exactly where they are. Or you can use a harpoon bolt, it will stick into them and show their movement.

Thanks for all these tips, man. Gonna try it out later on chapter 2. The amount of enemies there is it's hard to believe. I thought I was almost done killing them all (stealthy) but then 4 more came out of a house.
gonzzCABJ

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak