Final boss discussion (MASSIVE SPOILERS...obviously)

(Discuss the game)

Final boss discussion (MASSIVE SPOILERS...obviously)

Postby robflee23 » Oct 19, 2014 7:32 pm

This whole post is going to be a spoiler, so if you don't want to know what the last 2 chapters contain, LEAVE NOW.

Okay, now when I first found the Magnum on Chapter 11, I was going to just hold onto it until the very final boss like I did with every RE game, and I knew for a fact that Ruvik had to be the final boss. What I didn't know until I got to him was that his fight was really just a set piece rather than a boss, and the actual legitimate final boss is the fight with the 2 Keepers, which is an awesome fight.

Now, don't get me wrong, I HATE when a game doesn't have a proper final boss fight and replaces it with a set piece like Dead Space 2, Gears of War 2, and a number of other games have done in the past, but this one didn't bother me NEARLY as much as I thought it would. The set piece is actually a lot of fun, and really cool to just watch somebody do. I nearly pooped myself with happiness when the Sadist fell right next to you with the Rocket Launcher in his hand.

My question to you guys is, did this final set piece bother you at all? Or did you enjoy it as much as I did? Granted I still would've loved blast a hole in Ruvik's face with my precious Magnum, but the entire game was so fun I can just let it slide.
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Final boss discussion (MASSIVE SPOILERS...obviously)

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 19, 2014 7:44 pm

I personally liked it, it was different. still got to use the classic rocket launcher, but It took me 6 hits to kill it. I liked the cinematic, play, cine-play style, my heart was in my throat. I could happily do it again and again :D
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Re: Final boss discussion (MASSIVE SPOILERS...obviously)

Postby Goochbot » Oct 19, 2014 8:17 pm

I liked it, because of the gauntlet that was chapter 15, and after dying several times on the two Keepers, and losing more or less all of my ammo, I was perfectly fine with it. I also liked the touch with the rocket launcher. Very Resident Evil.
Goochbot

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Goochbot
XBL: xI G0OCH Ix
Wii U: Goochbot

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak