Content that didn't make it to the Final Game [Spoilers]

(Discuss the game)

Re: Content that didn't make it to the Final Game [Spoilers]

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 10, 2014 2:24 pm

dan76 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Oh, and whatever happened to this?
mohdfikree wrote:

Is that Trauma or a different monster? Seems a bit smaller than Trauma, though.

This is in the game. it happened to me on my third play through. It was so quick I wasnt actually sure what it was. I went after it but when I got to the corridor there was nothing there.

You see, this is the kind of stuff I had hoped they would utilize for psychological horror. Subtle moves like that... Not InYourFace forced walking through morphing corridors.

If I had seen that monster in Ch.9 it would've been a great horror moment.
Rikitatsu

Postby Lazarus753 » Dec 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Honestly, I'm still afraid of Chapter 9. I don't care what anyone says, when Ruvik starts to appear and I hear that loud sound through my headset, I **** bricks. I'm just being honest, here. Most of the time I run and hide, lol
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby Jocifer666 » Dec 11, 2014 12:48 am

I'll be honest, I found the quiet moments of the game much more chilling than the hordes of horrifying enemies- that says a lot, I don't get scared by art! Something about the endless corridor sequence, the paintings with it's eyes cut out, the subway threat, and others I'm too scared of to think here, got to me more than the claws of the horde ;). It's funny how this game played with my emotions that way.

Mikami San is also known for his carefully crafted jump scares too, and not quiet/ cerebral ones, which is interesting to note.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Lazarus753 » Dec 13, 2014 11:13 am

I found the entire game quite intense, but I gradually became less fearful as I progressed. I don't think that this is a bad thing, though. As I've mentioned before, I felt as though as Sebastian became more confident and better equipped to deal with the horror, so did I. The intensity level didn't really drop much, though. The environments and pacing just wouldn't let me get comfortable. And the bosses. Oh god, the bosses. Laura was a nightmare for me, and I'm sure she will be again on my second playthrough (I've prepared myself by upgrading my Harpoon Bolts to level 5)
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Postby CandyLander » Dec 16, 2014 4:26 am

If I remember correctly, the only parts that got me scared were the manequin factory and the hospice, I think before you meet up with your partner.

The other good parts of the game weren't scary, they were intense (specially on survivor).

The water sequences with the giant fish were intense. The Laura boss fights were intense. So were the Keeper's. Hiding under beds and inside lockers was intense. Not knowing what to do in chapter 3 was intense, the first time I played it. Trying to solve the puzzle as fast as possible on chapter 9 was intense (though the puzzle could've been a bit harder). The spinning blade thing was intense. The place where you turn on the power and a bunch of traps start working was intene. The list goes on.
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby Lazarus753 » Dec 16, 2014 12:51 pm

The first time I went through the part with the traumas, it was brutally scary. It's just extremely intense now. I run from the two traumas, and it's just brutal
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak