This game is the hardest survival game in recent years

(Discuss the game)

This game is the hardest survival game in recent years

Postby extravagant » Oct 21, 2014 5:53 am

Hey guys! I'm new this forum, but not new to TEW, or RE, or Shinji Mikami.

I'm playing TEW right now on AKUMU mode and man, I can vouch and say that this game is the hardest survival horror game. When I say difficult, I mean it in a good way. Challenging, makes you keep wanting to play, you are glued and stuck to the game and don't wanna give up.

AKUMU mode is ridiculous. but it's so worth it. I wanna beat it. Just gotta not get hit once. I'm currently on chapter 8 with AKUMU mode. There are several people who already beat it, and they posted their stuff on YouTube.

In terms of difficulty, I think the hardest difficulty for all survival horror games are:

TEW - Akumu Mode
REmake - Invisible Enemy
REmake - Real Survival
RE0 - Hard Mode
RE4 - Professional Mode
RE3 - Hard Mode
RE1 PS1 - Normal
RE2
extravagant

Favorite Title: REmake, The Evil

Re: This game is the hardest survival game in recent years

Postby Cyberote » Oct 21, 2014 7:36 am

I am not excited about playing on Akumu. The game was a pain just on Survival! And about your list, RE2 really isnt that hard. But Code Veronica is a different story lol
Cyberote

Postby Mortifiedpenguin » Oct 21, 2014 9:26 am

Nightmare mode thusfar (chapter 7) really isn't too bad but i KNOW im gonna have major problems with Akumu. It will probably be the last achievement i will be going for. First i'll do a run on casual without upgrading anything and then a new game+ run on casual beating the game under 5 hours. Hopefully i'll be able to beat Akumu in the future but im not looking forward to it.
Mortifiedpenguin

Favorite Title: The Evil Within

Postby BradAKARob » Oct 21, 2014 12:02 pm

I am sorry but I am just laughing at some of you guys.

I do not believe Akumu was there to be beat. I believe that Akumu was there as a joke and I will always believe that, unless Yama himself says he intended players to actually play on this setting. You get killed if you step on a bear trap I am guessing... LoL. I will not try this the game ever on Akumu setting there is just no good reason to in my opinion. Even if they offered me like 1 million green gel it would still seem not worth it. The only way I would put my time into this mode is if they offered us some kind of contest or something.

*On a total side note... I am waiting for my Evil Within shirts and hoodie from Bethesda I cannot wait! Even tho The Keeper is my nemesis I still got the hoodie with him on it. Mabe in another life we could be friends, LoL.
BradAKARob

XBL: FixedCandy

Postby Mortifiedpenguin » Oct 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Akumu mode is not impossible. Allot of people have already done it. You must have had a really hard time on survival mode if you think this was put in as a joke. Im playing on Nightmare mode right now and i don't get hit that much. The game gets easier the more you play.
Mortifiedpenguin

Postby Nezarth » Oct 21, 2014 3:07 pm

Only i who thinks this game is easy even akumo xD
Nezarth

Favorite Title: TEW & Alien

Postby BradAKARob » Oct 21, 2014 4:15 pm

I am playing it on Nightmare as we speak. I have noticed that the game seems easier as I keep playing it. I have only got hit once or twice so far but I like having the extra health, to know if I make a mistake I will still be ok.

I still would like to know who's idea it was to put this Akumo mode in the game. I mean like who came up with the idea first, I bet they like said it in a joke or something like that before they seriously considered putting the setting in the game.
BradAKARob

Postby Mortifiedpenguin » Oct 21, 2014 10:10 pm

BradAKARob wrote:I am playing it on Nightmare as we speak. I have noticed that the game seems easier as I keep playing it. I have only got hit once or twice so far but I like having the extra health, to know if I make a mistake I will still be ok.

I still would like to know who's idea it was to put this Akumo mode in the game. I mean like who came up with the idea first, I bet they like said it in a joke or something like that before they seriously considered putting the setting in the game.

If you only got hit once or twice, then i don`t see why you think Akumu mode is a joke. It`s there for people who want a challenge and it`s not even extremely hard, just very hard. I wasn`t even sure if i was gonna try Akumu mode, but now that i have been playing through Nightmare with relative ease (got hit a few times in chapter 6 and 10) im gonna give it a go. The checkpoints are really forgiving so there really is no problem for people looking for that extra replay value.
Mortifiedpenguin

Postby Yama » Oct 23, 2014 4:39 am

Not quite Survival Horror, but TLOU's Grounded Mode would be up there, right under Invisible perhaps. I'm excited to play Akumu after I do these NG+ collectible clean ups.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby BradAKARob » Oct 23, 2014 9:44 am

Wow, there it is from the genius himself. ^ Guess Akumu is suppose to be a serious difficulty setting, sorry guys my bad. : (

*I think it is so cool he posted on here. I was showing my friends today that were at my house, (We are all huge fans.) I am like yeah he really did talk on two threads today.
BradAKARob

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak