The Game "Clicks" at Nightmare Difficulty

(Discuss the game)

Re: The Game "Clicks" at Nightmare Difficulty

Postby lolly_poopdeck » Nov 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:I think this is the way the developers intended for the game to be played.

In that case they should have made this difficulty mode available right from the start.
lolly_poopdeck

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2

Postby extravagant » Nov 16, 2014 10:47 pm

lolly_poopdeck wrote:In that case they should have made this difficulty mode available right from the start.

No not really. It would be 1000x more frustrating for all the new players to think they're a hot shot and start the game right away on Nightmare difficulty. I believe in beating it on survival mode first, and then taking it to the next level and beating it on nightmare or akumu mode.

I skipped nightmare mode and went straight to akumu.
extravagant

Favorite Title: REmake, The Evil

Postby lolly_poopdeck » Nov 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Wasn't this game specifically advertised at people like us(survival horror junkies)? I have a hard time thinking it could have attracted people who play their games on easy mode.
lolly_poopdeck

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2

Postby Jocifer666 » Dec 09, 2014 11:29 am

I love how it plays on Nightmare so far, as well. I'm only on Chapter 3, and I'm surprised how different my experience is. I barely got past chapter 2, and I was sweating bullets the whole way through the latter half of the chapter. I still don't know how I would've survived, if a Haunted did trip over a wire and explode! I thought Survival was pretty scary, and I don't get scared by many things. I have another thing coming on nightmare :).

Do the boss fights play any different on Nightmare, just curious?

Also, not sure if this is related, but the game has been performing better on Nightmare, technically speaking. And there's more death animations :/.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Manfox » Dec 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:I'm at Chapter 6 on Nightmare Difficulty right now, and so far, I think this is the way the developers intended for the game to be played.

On Survival, I didn't care about hiding or running away at all, but on Nightmare, you will spend a lot of time inside closets. Enemies are stronger, faster, and seem to pursue you more relentlessly. And considering the game adds high-level enemies like Ruvik clones who deal 1-Hit Kills in the early chapters (Ch.3) I had to rely more on methodical play as opposed to shooting like I did in Survival. Careful planning of each step and utilizing every bullet/bolt and trap in the environment was essential, or else you're in deep trouble.

The game becomes truly "scary" on Nightmare, as enemies present much bigger threat. I suggest anyone who thinks this isn't a Survival Horror game to play this on Nightmare Difficulty. You will be pleasantly surprised.

I don't want to imagine what Akumu is like, I bet it's too frustrating, though.

Hi,

I am currently at chapter 5 on Nightmare Difficulty and I have been saving keys and parts for when I have to face rebirth Laura and then I plan to destroy her with incendiary bolts. I found Survival was just too easy and I am really pleased that I am able to hold my own on nightmare level. Tactically i have had to change my whole approach and chainsaw man didn't get even close to me on claws of the horde, stoked :D
Manfox

Favorite Title: silent hill 2

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak