Chapter 10 on our save spot is dirty, also the nurse. : (

(Discuss the game)

Chapter 10 on our save spot is dirty, also the nurse. : (

Postby BradAKARob » Oct 26, 2014 7:49 pm

This kinda is making me mad. Like our save spot goes from looking really nice in the first 9 Chapters to almost falling in on itself from Chapter 10 on. I think by doing this the game developer is trying to tell us Ruvik is losing control of Sebastian, or losing control of everything in general. I think they did put other clues in the game to tell us this and making our save zone look gross really did nothing to help anything I do not think. The save zone is all we really had to show to people that was a very nice part of the game, and that the developers do know how to do more then just gore.

Anyway I bet this only bugs me, but if anyone else out there that thinks our beautiful save spot should stay that way let me know. Also they do not need to take our nurse away towards the end of the game, I hate that. That lady kind of seemed like our friend do you guys think she will come back? I do not think it ever really tell's us if Ruvik killed her is just says she is missing. Mabe in the second game she will come back. ;)
BradAKARob

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
XBL: FixedCandy

Re: Chapter 10 on our save spot is dirty, also the nurse. :

Postby Goochbot » Oct 26, 2014 8:52 pm

I never had an issue with it. I kinda wish the game didn't have random small, mandatory objectives there frequently. Sometimes all I want to do is save, or quickly upgrade before jumping back into the action, but will discover that I can't leave until I interact with X, so I can go interact with Y before getting the option to leave. This can be maddening on those rare occasions when I can't run while I'm in the save room, but those are few and far between. It's not a big issue, but sometimes I will deliberately avoid going to the save room because of how it can hurt the flow of the game.
Goochbot

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Goochbot
XBL: xI G0OCH Ix
Wii U: Goochbot

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 27, 2014 2:26 am

I like the way the save room starts getting destroyed and the nurse vanishes, It made me feel really uneasy, specially when Ruvik made an appearance there, its basically saying "no where's safe, it never was, you are just a toy in my world."
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

What about the save room being a bigger part of the story?

Postby BradAKARob » Oct 27, 2014 7:10 am

Yep, I forgot to talk about the coolest thing about the save room area. Alot of my friends think it is the central "hub" if you will for all the people jacked in that Ruvik is playing mind games with, any commet about that guys? We know the doctor is not in there or we think he is not anyway, but how about that one dude that gives us tips on Ruvik beside Seb's room? We did not even learn his name if we did I missed it. I am on my second play through of the game almost chapter 12 on Nightmare now I am picking up on some of the things I missed story wise.
BradAKARob

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
XBL: FixedCandy

Postby DeHeerser » Nov 02, 2014 7:39 pm

1. I was under the opposite impression. The Original Poster stated "the save room decaying is a sign that Ruvik is losing control of Sebastian and the world in general". I say: the decaying save room is a sign that Ruvik found Seb's hiding place and is now making his way forcibly inside. Or somehow focusing his mental powers to crush it. It pretty much happens after you find the audio file that has Ruvik talking about the lighthouse, and how everything in his world is drawn to that place.

2. Nurse is pointless. All she does is say: "The worrying type, I see" and "soon there won't be a purpose for me here anymore". And other such vagaries that do not make sense and do not help. Cough mailman Silent Hill Downpour, cough.

3. I would have liked to have gotten more out of the save room. Okay the lockers and the upgrading are cool. But still, nothing ever changes in Sebastians cell and you can't open the other cells. You can complete the map but even so you can't interact with it.
DeHeerser

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DeHeerser

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak