Moving while Shooting

(Discuss the game)

Moving while Shooting

Postby skytrot » Mar 18, 2013 2:29 am

I'm sure many of you will disagree with me, but I feel that not being able to move while shooting is extremely vital to creating tension. Not being able to move and shoot forces the player to strategize and not just strafe and shoot, which IMO feels pretty mindless to me. Also technically, it's impossible to move and shoot accurately.

Note: This is assuming there's shooting in the game.
skytrot

Re: Moving while Shooting

Postby Nemesis85 » Mar 18, 2013 3:13 am

I agree with you. when you can't move, that makes you think about many things before you start shooting, for instance whom or what to shoot first and where to be positioned. This "tension" will also be heightened by the atmosphere, whether its enclosed,like in a room or in an open field, which I hope Mikami goes with enclosed environment, like the old Raccoon City Police Department.
Nemesis85

Postby skytrot » Mar 18, 2013 5:11 am

Nemesis85 wrote:I agree with you. when you can't move, that makes you think about many things before you start shooting, for instance whom or what to shoot first and where to be positioned. This "tension" will also be heightened by the atmosphere, whether its enclosed,like in a room or in an open field, which I hope Mikami goes with enclosed environment, like the old Raccoon City Police Department.

You said it better then me! :)
skytrot

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 18, 2013 12:41 pm

I think this depends on the nature of the game design, enemy design, and level design , etc... For example, if enemies were nimble and had quick maneuvers it would be cumbersome to not be able to move while you shot.

A middle-way solution would be to allow the player to shoot while moving, but only from the hip. If he wants to aim, the player stops in his tracks.

Whatever they choose in Zwei, I'm sure Mikami would make it work. ;)
Rikitatsu

Postby Yama » Mar 19, 2013 12:48 am

I like the idea of aiming, readying and firing. With that said, small steps while aiming seem reasonable, kind of like OBF2. No run and gun though.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby skytrot » Mar 19, 2013 11:17 am

Yea. I'm fine with a little movement. Too much and it would just feel weird IMO. :/
skytrot

Postby yuri102010 » Apr 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Yama wrote:I like the idea of aiming, readying and firing. With that said, small steps while aiming seem reasonable, kind of like OBF2. No run and gun though.

Yeah but hopefully no awkward tank controls >.<;;;
yuri102010

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
XBL: Minchi1983

Postby Yama » Apr 29, 2013 3:29 pm

yuri102010 wrote:
Yama wrote:I like the idea of aiming, readying and firing. With that said, small steps while aiming seem reasonable, kind of like OBF2. No run and gun though.

Yeah but hopefully no awkward tank controls >.<;;;

I'd be completely fine with tank controls personally, I've always been quite fond of them. Either way is fine by me.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Sean » Apr 29, 2013 5:45 pm

I can understand not wanting run and gun style gameplay, but its not the 90's anymore. Not being able to move and shoot at the same time is pretty much unacceptable at this point. And please no tank controls. I' m am a firm believer that you can make a good survival horror game without it being a pain in the ass to control.
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby PanamaRed » Apr 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Mr. Sean wrote:I can understand not wanting run and gun style gameplay, but its not the 90's anymore. Not being able to move and shoot at the same time is pretty much unacceptable at this point. And please no tank controls. I' m am a firm believer that you can make a good survival horror game without it being a pain in the ass to control.

I agree with you. Why can´t we have a survival horror game with good controls? I hope that if this game indeed gives new life to the survival horror genre they will copy the good controls and gameplay.
PanamaRed

Favorite Title: RE:Outbreak

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak