Ending explained (Spoilers)

(Discuss the game)

Ending explained (Spoilers)

Postby mohdfikree » Oct 30, 2014 10:25 am

phpBB [video]

A pretty cool video about The Evil Within's ending by Youtube user DreamcastGuy. What are your thoughts?
mohdfikree

Favorite Title: The Last Of Us
PSN: Emiratendo
XBL: I HATE MICROSOFT
Wii U: MohdFikree
Steam: Emiratendo

Re: Ending explained (Spoilers)

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 30, 2014 11:18 am

That still doesn't explain the biggest puzzle:

If everything was inside STEM, who killed the Hospital staff in the beginning? When Sebastian wakes up, they're dead exactly the way they were in the beginning of the game.
Rikitatsu

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 30, 2014 11:48 am

why I am not fully certain if Sebastian is awake in the real world at the end, if they are in it to start with and those bodies where placed there, it would make sense for him to think that was real, if he has the control, his own world in the STEM for him to think its real.. he would most likely imagin the same bodies on leaving. It still doesn't explain why he hears that high pitch ringing, which he heard in the STEM, that my reasoning for believing its not over.
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby dan76 » Oct 30, 2014 11:51 am

I don't agree that Sebastian is already plugged into the STEM before the game begins (if he is, it's really poor writing).

I think the frequency they hear on the way to the Asylum shows that Ruvik is very powerful and is almost out - it's having an effect the closer they get. This alone could explain all the dead bodies at the Asylum. Leslie is the key to Ruvik getting out for real - which he does at the end, inhabiting Leslie's body.

Kidman's part of an organisation that is seperate from Ruvik. I'm sure we will learn more of her involvement with the DLC. Maybe they want to harness Ruvik's experiments, whatever. The high pitched ring that Sebastian hears at the very end is an echo of his experience, maybe a shared link with Ruvik and anyone else who survived - a "disturbance in the Force," if you will....
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby CandyLander » Oct 30, 2014 11:54 am

dan76 wrote:I don't agree that Sebastian is already plugged into the STEM before the game begins (if he is, it's really poor writing).

I think the frequency they hear on the way to the Asylum shows that Ruvik is very powerful and is almost out - it's having an effect the closer they get. This alone could explain all the dead bodies at the Asylum. Leslie is the key to Ruvik getting out for real - which he does at the end, inhabiting Leslie's body.

Kidman's part of an organisation that is seperate from Ruvik. I'm sure we will learn more of her involvement with the DLC. Maybe they want to harness Ruvik's experiments, whatever. The high pitched ring that Sebastian hears at the very end is an echo of his experience, maybe a shared link with Ruvik and anyone else who survived - a "disturbance in the Force," if you will....

But that would assume Ruvik had real powers in the real world to be able to knock Sebastian out and put him on the STEM.

Rikitatsu wrote:That still doesn't explain the biggest puzzle:

If everything was inside STEM, who killed the Hospital staff in the beginning? When Sebastian wakes up, they're dead exactly the way they were in the beginning of the game.

I think the end was also inside the STEM.
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 30, 2014 12:03 pm

CandyLander wrote:I think the end was also inside the STEM.

I entertained this idea, but that would be extremely anti-climatic. Also, not very Mikami-like at all.
Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » Oct 30, 2014 12:41 pm

If I remember correctly, Shinji wasn't a writer for The Evil Within. He didn't have any input on how the game ended I assume. Even if he did, apparently he liked the idea.

The biggest reason I can think of for the ending is so that they would leave opportunity for a sequel.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby rushinplay » Dec 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:That still doesn't explain the biggest puzzle:

I believe he was still inside that initial STEM, I don't know if you survive that, maybe Seb was dead the whole time! :shock:
rushinplay

Favorite Title: SH2
PSN: reiko57

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak