The Evil Within 2 is highly possible, and I have high hopes!

(Discuss the game)

Re: The Evil Within 2 is highly possible, and I have high ho

Postby Nemesis85 » Dec 14, 2014 2:30 am

Lazarus753 wrote:
Jocifer666 wrote:I'll be honest, as great as the classic RE games are, they are quite cheesy and campy. But they're supposed to be, they're B movies with action movie characters.

And that, folks, is why I don't like Resident Evil.

Alright, okay, I liked the Outbreak games. That's about it

Seriously? classic RE is from a decade ago, for that period and for that technology, the game was/is a gem.
Instead of appreciating the effort that has been put in creating a game and enjoying playing it, people fine pathetic excuses to undermine the quality of a game. Stop B@#ing guys. If you can make a better game, well then go and make one, If you can't, then please be quiet.
As the the TEW 2, if they decide to make one, I hope it's less psychological. But that's just my preference. Whatever they make as a sequel or prequel I am gonna be super stoked.
Nemesis85

Postby Lazarus753 » Dec 14, 2014 10:15 am

Nemesis85 wrote:
Lazarus753 wrote:
Jocifer666 wrote:I'll be honest, as great as the classic RE games are, they are quite cheesy and campy. But they're supposed to be, they're B movies with action movie characters.

And that, folks, is why I don't like Resident Evil.

Alright, okay, I liked the Outbreak games. That's about it

Seriously? classic RE is from a decade ago, for that period and for that technology, the game was/is a gem.
Instead of appreciating the effort that has been put in creating a game and enjoying playing it, people fine pathetic excuses to undermine the quality of a game. Stop B@#ing guys. If you can make a better game, well then go and make one, If you can't, then please be quiet.
As the the TEW 2, if they decide to make one, I hope it's less psychological. But that's just my preference. Whatever they make as a sequel or prequel I am gonna be super stoked.

Yes, the main reason why I don't like Resident Evil is because it's cheesy and campy. That doesn't undermine the quality of the game, contrary to what you believe. It's my opinion and my opinion alone. Not once did I say that the original 4 games were of a poor quality. Nobody's bitching. And the idea that I can't criticize a game because I can't make a better one is ludicrous.

I understand that you love Resident Evil, and that's alright. You don't need to defend the games like that when someone expresses any sort of dislike for them, though. There are always going to be people who don't agree with you, and it's not something worth getting upset about
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby extravagant » Dec 15, 2014 2:49 am

You didn't like the REmake though? That was probably the only one to this day that can sorta be taken seriously without too much campyness or cheesyness.
extravagant

Favorite Title: REmake, The Evil

Postby Yulia » Dec 15, 2014 6:01 am

Well, I played RE back in 90s and it was one of greatest games back then, I can understand why modern gamers don't like old games though..
Yulia

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby Lazarus753 » Dec 15, 2014 9:52 am

REmake drips with atmosphere, and when I played it as a teen it scared the crap out of me. I can see myself playing it now and enjoying it. When I played RE4 though, the game went from awesome to stupid pretty fast. Once the purple midget showed up, I turned the PS2 off, lol. I did like the Outbreak games, but honestly, I just don't like campy BS in video games. I like a game that takes itself moderately seriously. it honestly depends, though, it's weird how personal taste works.

All in all, the RE name is tarnished beyond repair, and I'm not really interested in any of the games. Endless remakes and garbage sequels do not a good series make, y'know?

I'd compare it to how crappy Final Fantasy has become
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby extravagant » Dec 24, 2014 8:40 am

^ Love the response man and very much agreed on your insights toward the RE franchise.

I will admit RE (1996) is cheesy as hell, but REmake for me personally has been not only the most challenging RE game (playing on Real Survival Mode), but it really set the standard for what all RE games coming after should've been like.

Yes, RE2, RE3, and all the other ones were really campy. Code Veronica was good but I didnt take CV quite seriously either. If only we had a proper RE2make and RE3make in the exact same treatment philosophy and design as the original REmake then we would have a frightening experience for the original RE trilogy. There is no denying that a more ruthless and relentless Nemesis hunting you down in Raccoon City would be a fantastic experience. I mean, Nemesis encounters in RE3 can get predictable and also the fact that Capcom didn't have technology to show him popping through doors yet, and he can only appear when the camera angle changes is already a clear sign of limited technology.

However in the REmake we were shown that zombies can now break through any door and start trying to turn the door knobs and bust out on you in the REmake. Just imagine that but with Nemesis doing it and much worse.

Anyways, if there is any game I suggest to take seriously, it would be the REmake. The REmake and TEW are my absolute favorites in Survival Horror. Are you still considering to try the REmake Remastered HD Edition coming out soon for PC?
extravagant

Postby extravagant » Dec 24, 2014 8:44 am

As for The Evil Within 2...

What's your guy's theory? I need to know. Either we will find all the answers in the Kidman + Boxhead DLC sidestory, or we will find out the full story in the next sequel.

What are your predictions? I mean they did take a long time to release the DLC, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are only covering still a lot, but not all of the story, because I want them to save more answers and quests for the next sequel.

Honestly, it would be bad for them to leave us with the original ending with Sebastian staring at Leslie's possessed Ruvik body, and then having Kidman take the clutch and kill that Leslie/Ruvik body. Why would it be bad? Because it would mean that we bought an incomplete game if Tango Gameworks is trying to tell us that the "complete" story is in the Kidman DLC ending. That would mean we have to buy the DLC to see the full story, therefore just buying the game alone is incomplete.

I really hope Tango Gameworks considers integrity, and doesn't compromise it, so that the new DLC coming out will only lead to us to another sequel, not a conclusion just yet.
extravagant

Postby gmc1992 » Dec 25, 2014 12:50 pm

extravagant wrote:As for The Evil Within 2...

What's your guy's theory? I need to know. Either we will find all the answers in the Kidman + Boxhead DLC sidestory, or we will find out the full story in the next sequel.

What are your predictions? I mean they did take a long time to release the DLC, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are only covering still a lot, but not all of the story, because I want them to save more answers and quests for the next sequel.

Honestly, it would be bad for them to leave us with the original ending with Sebastian staring at Leslie's possessed Ruvik body, and then having Kidman take the clutch and kill that Leslie/Ruvik body. Why would it be bad? Because it would mean that we bought an incomplete game if Tango Gameworks is trying to tell us that the "complete" story is in the Kidman DLC ending. That would mean we have to buy the DLC to see the full story, therefore just buying the game alone is incomplete.

i think some will be answered and some will be left open for the sequel, and i dont think the keeper dlc is story relevant, its like horde mode in gears where you get to play as a big enemy crushing worthless peons >:)

on a side note, merry christmas :)
I really hope Tango Gameworks considers integrity, and doesn't compromise it, so that the new DLC coming out will only lead to us to another sequel, not a conclusion just yet.
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby rushinplay » Dec 29, 2014 2:31 am

I would punch grandmas for a sequel, I see all the things present in even possibly a 3 game long story, the only thing I think is- was there enough sales to warrant another game, this is why we tell everyone PLAY THE GAME, I say it on every forum and twitter and everything else, give them your money cause I want more TEW (not you obviously, you already did, say this to others)
rushinplay

Favorite Title: SH2
PSN: reiko57

Postby extravagant » Mar 08, 2016 9:38 pm

Hey guys, any news or updates on a possible sequel? It's been 1.5 years since we heard anything about a sequel.
extravagant

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak