Random idea I had for this game

(Discuss the game)

Random idea I had for this game

Postby robflee23 » Nov 17, 2014 9:04 pm

So this is completely random, but I had this thought while I was at work today. You know how the Haunted grab you and bite your neck like everyday zombies? And you know how your big weapon (shotgun, crossbow, sniper) are shown attached to your back and your pistol is in it's holster on your side? What if, randomly, along with the chance of zombies biting your neck when they grabbed you dealing a lot of damage, there was a chance that they could grab the weapon off your back or your holster, and either run away with it forcing you to chase them down which lead to an even HARDER encounter, or they started opening fire on you, and it uses up YOUR ammo. Idk why, but I thought this idea was really cool, but it might just be a personal thing and might sound completely stupid to the rest of the world
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Random idea I had for this game

Postby dan76 » Nov 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Sounds pretty good to me, though what would happen if you didn't manage to get it back? Maybe it could be a cool boss fight, where your own weapons are used against you.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby Nemesis85 » Nov 18, 2014 2:51 am

Well, that requires the zombies to be smart and know what they are doing, and know what to do with that weapon. As far as I know, the classic definition of a zombie contradicts with a smart mutated/infected creature. the way I see your theory to kinda work is, when they bite you, for instance if they bite your hand while you have your gun armed, the pain of the bite might force you to drop your weapon.
Nemesis85

Postby robflee23 » Nov 18, 2014 5:32 am

Nemesis85 wrote:Well, that requires the zombies to be smart and know what they are doing, and know what to do with that weapon. As far as I know, the classic definition of a zombie contradicts with a smart mutated/infected creature. the way I see your theory to kinda work is, when they bite you, for instance if they bite your hand while you have your gun armed, the pain of the bite might force you to drop your weapon.

But some of the Haunted in The Evil Within already wield guns, and they technically aren't zombies per se, despite being almost identical.
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak