Advice for Strategy

(Discuss the game)

Advice for Strategy

Postby MISAMOUSE9 » Nov 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Hello all.

I recently beat this game on casual mode. For some this may have been easy; for my female self it was highly intense and I died 61 times overall. The eye was helpful!

Question:

I'm playing on Nightmare mode (crazy I know). My husband beat it twice on Survival so that is how I am able to access it. My struggle is chapter two. I'm at the farmland area where each deserted house is occupied by an enemy. I've been able to manage sneaking, torches, bottles and ammo to get by but now I am stuck. There is a house where about 5 of them come running out (after you kill the enemy that exits and re-enters the building) plus the extra men behind one of the back buildings in another area come running. I run and hide. Is the only way to get through this area by sneaking up on every single enemy or is there another way?

Thank you!
MISAMOUSE9

XBL: MysticMuffs

Re: Advice for Strategy

Postby Lazarus753 » Nov 21, 2014 4:30 pm

I have no clue how to handle that part. I've skipped it on both my playthroughs. Basically, I see the guys come out of the house, and I just go "NOPENOPENOPE" and run away.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby MISAMOUSE9 » Nov 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Thank you. I have spent the last two hours getting through this area. I am far right now because I have: killed many enemies, unarmed 6 traps and still have matches. When I got to the gate a bunch of them woke up and started running after me. FRAK!
MISAMOUSE9

Postby MISAMOUSE9 » Nov 21, 2014 5:01 pm

I just got through this part. I killed both men on the outside then ran and hid. I came back and went through the window on the side.
MISAMOUSE9

Postby MISAMOUSE9 » Nov 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Made it through!

Glad for this place. A place to shout out!
MISAMOUSE9

Postby Lazarus753 » Nov 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Now I feel like I shouldn't have ran away from those guys in the house. How'd you kill them all?

And remember, you don't have to disarm the traps. You can actually lead enemies into them. They're too stupid to see the tripwires and whatnot.

Example: Lure an enemy into a bear trap, and it will give you the option to light him/her on fire
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby FadedBlackangel » Nov 21, 2014 8:29 pm

You can also lead them to the hay stacks and then set it on fire. As soon as they touch any part of the hay they die. It's more efficient to get at least three of them chasing you.

PSN: FadedBlackangel
XBL: FadedBlackangel
Wii U: FadedArchangel

Postby MISAMOUSE9 » Nov 23, 2014 12:21 am

The second or third time I attempted this I waited a while to kill the two guys out front. This time after I ran the guys didn't come out of the house. I'm not sure if it was the timing of how I got to the guy opening and closing the door that made the difference.

Thanks for the hay bale advice. I should use those more often.

I am at the Spider Lady. I have died about 8 times so far on Nightmare mode. She is very difficult.
MISAMOUSE9

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak