Sacrifice room

(Discuss the game)

Sacrifice room

Postby Lazarus753 » Dec 17, 2014 1:06 pm

In chapter 7 (I believe), there's a part where you're underground. When you start the level, you can see that there's these bags hanging from the ceiling that obviously contain someone or something that's writhing. To the left there's a bunch of them attached to a moving rail that's dragging them further into the catacombs. You can hear suffocated moaning coming from inside of them, kind of like a reduced version of the plastic bag gasping from Manhunt.

I found it really jarring that Seb or Joeseph didn't immediately cut the first one open to let the person (or thing) out. I mean, it sounds human. Instead you ignore it, move to the next room, and lower these writhing sacrifices onto pressure plates in order to move further in. This really broke immersion for me, and I think Tango could have put in an additional scene to fix this (ie. they open the bag, and it's a horrifying, pitiful creature). That way they'd have an excuse never to cut another one open again.

What do you guys think?
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Re: Sacrifice room

Postby extravagant » Dec 24, 2014 8:52 am

This sorta tickled me a bit too when I saw that. I was like really? They're just gonna ignore that? And the fact that you can punch it too and it does kinda made me think like "well, poor guy, I could've saved him if it were IRL."

We'll never know I guess.
extravagant

Favorite Title: REmake, The Evil

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak