Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

(Discuss the game)

Re: Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby mamij » Jan 26, 2015 8:31 am

Huh, that's weird indeed... Could it be a bug exclusive for the Magnum? Because it never happened while I used my regular Handgun, and I used it a LOT.

Perhaps, I don't recall this happening with other guns...
mamij

Favorite Title: RE 1-3 and SH 1

Postby chriskilla10 » Feb 18, 2015 12:06 am

The hate is from the change in formula from modern horror games. Dumb casuals like that think change makes games worse w/o proper analysis. Games like Zelda 2 were given shit for the big change in formula, samething for super mario bros 2, yet they were pretty good ass games. I mean the horror games we have today are usually jumpscare horror games or stealth horror games. So it's nice to actually to see a change of pace and they are trying to ruin it.
chriskilla10

Favorite Title: REmake

Postby berto » Apr 17, 2015 12:03 am

Yeah, I've heard them all. I wasn't scared at all, it's too actiony, the framerate is so low, Bethesda had to add those bars because they couldn't maintain a frame rate (For all the links in the internet this moron would not get it through his head that they didn't make it, just published it but I guess he didn't know the difference), it's confusing and I don't get it, it was dumb, and so on ad infinitum. Man, screw them. I like and they can kiss the brownest part of my (Censored) when they (Censored) my (Censored) with the tip of a (Censored) that they have to buy with two (Censored) midgets on a corner full of (Censored) (Censored) in (Censored) on saint Patrick's day.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Postby bernardwinston » Apr 28, 2015 4:41 pm

chriskilla10 wrote:The hate is from the change in formula from modern horror games. Dumb casuals like that think change makes games worse w/o proper analysis. Games like Zelda 2 were given shit for the big change in formula, samething for super mario bros 2, yet they were pretty good ass games. I mean the horror games we have today are usually jumpscare horror games or stealth horror games. So it's nice to actually to see a change of pace and they are trying to ruin it.

Actually the horror games for me is so interesting especially when there' s lots of zombies around and in which makes me challenge to kill those zombies and gave them more damages.
bernardwinston

Favorite Title: supernatural

Postby Autoignition » May 15, 2015 4:39 am

Yeah, there's three main types of hate I see for this game.

#1: casual gamers, like you said. People who pick up the game expecting it to be an easy shooter and then get frustrated when it's actually a survival horror game and then decry it for being broken/cheap/too hard.

#2: people who went into the game expecting it to be RE4 and for Sebastian to be Leon and then getting butthurt when they got neither of those things. And then all they do is cry and moan about how much better RE4 is and do absolutely nothing but compare the two games instead of looking at what TEW is actually trying to do/be/accomplish.

#3: survival horror purists who think that the genre is defined by fixed camera angles and tank controls and that Silent Hill is the paradigm for all horror anywhere at any level. I hate these people the most tbh because these are the people who keep crying about how they're tired of easy force-fed narratives and the lack of subtlety in horror games and then turn around and hate on TEW because "the story sucked" and it "doesn't make sense." So, really, those people don't want a new old Silent Hill game -- they want a new old Silent Hill game five years after release, once fandom has done all of the legwork and hard thinking for them and they can parade around how deep and nuanced the game is and think of themselves as being superior and intellectual when in reality they didn't do jack other than read a bunch of game analysis write-ups on forums.

yeah I mad.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak