Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

(Discuss the game)

Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby robflee23 » Jan 06, 2015 10:55 pm

I kind of expected this, but not to the extent that I've witnessed. Everybody complains about how it has the same problems that Resident Evil 5 and 6 have, being that there's too much action and not enough horror. I found this completely ludicrous, but then I remembered that most casual gamers today won't get this games objective: being a return to CLASSIC survival horror. I just hope it doesn't hurt the potential for a sequel. Has anybody else experienced this kind of hate towards the game? Or is it just me?
robflee23
 
Posts: 77
Joined: July 2013
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 07, 2015 2:04 pm

There are some legit criticisms towards the game, but there's some ridiculous complaints as well.

Worst would have to be: "Outdated game mechanics"... This has puzzled me in many ways, especially since I've seen it in a few "professional" reviews. The game's mechanics are as modern as you can get.
Image
User avatar
Rikitatsu
Moderator
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: November 2012
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Re: Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby robflee23 » Jan 07, 2015 3:30 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:There are some legit criticisms towards the game, but there's some ridiculous complaints as well.

Worst would have to be: "Outdated game mechanics"... This has puzzled me in many ways, especially since I've seen it in a few "professional" reviews. The game's mechanics are as modern as you can get.



Agreed. The game is quite buggy, which I'd be willing to forgive if one of the bugs wasn't the god damn matches not working sometimes. I remember reading a complaint online that the game DIDN'T GIVE YOU ENOUGH AMMO. At that point I just point my hands up and said "I like it. That's all that should matter to me."
robflee23
 
Posts: 77
Joined: July 2013
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby CandyLander » Jan 08, 2015 11:57 am

This was bound to happen and it would only have been worse if the game had harder puzzles. This generation of gamers feels entitled to beat the game. It's not supposed to be a challenge. If you can't do it, the game and it's "mechanics" are bad.
Lost in the fog
User avatar
CandyLander
 
Posts: 66
Joined: December 2012
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby mamij » Jan 19, 2015 3:13 am

robflee23 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:There are some legit criticisms towards the game, but there's some ridiculous complaints as well.

Worst would have to be: "Outdated game mechanics"... This has puzzled me in many ways, especially since I've seen it in a few "professional" reviews. The game's mechanics are as modern as you can get.



Agreed. The game is quite buggy, which I'd be willing to forgive if one of the bugs wasn't the god damn matches not working sometimes. I remember reading a complaint online that the game DIDN'T GIVE YOU ENOUGH AMMO. At that point I just point my hands up and said "I like it. That's all that should matter to me."


Totally agree on that. The matches not working and not hitting with the gun, even though it's aimed right at the enemy, I was very frustrated over these 2 bugs, I mean they had so much time to fix these bugs, and yet they released the game like this, I hope they release a bug fixer update some time...
User avatar
mamij
 
Posts: 7
Joined: October 2013
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Favorite Title: RE 1-3 and SH 1

Re: Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby STALKERA90 » Jan 19, 2015 10:37 am

for me its too late i think for update i beat the game 5 times already with 100% achievements
STALKERA90
THE EVIL WITHIN
 
Posts: 28
Joined: February 2014
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
Favorite Title: SILENT HILL
PSN: ruslan9005291749
XBL: STALKERA90

Re: Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby Lazarus753 » Jan 20, 2015 9:03 am

mamij wrote:
robflee23 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:There are some legit criticisms towards the game, but there's some ridiculous complaints as well.

Worst would have to be: "Outdated game mechanics"... This has puzzled me in many ways, especially since I've seen it in a few "professional" reviews. The game's mechanics are as modern as you can get.



Agreed. The game is quite buggy, which I'd be willing to forgive if one of the bugs wasn't the god damn matches not working sometimes. I remember reading a complaint online that the game DIDN'T GIVE YOU ENOUGH AMMO. At that point I just point my hands up and said "I like it. That's all that should matter to me."


Totally agree on that. The matches not working and not hitting with the gun, even though it's aimed right at the enemy, I was very frustrated over these 2 bugs, I mean they had so much time to fix these bugs, and yet they released the game like this, I hope they release a bug fixer update some time...


The gun has spread, and I think the game was designed that way. The matches are buggy, yeah, but bullets not landing precisely where you aim is not a bug. It simulates human error, and is otherwise a way to increase tension
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
User avatar
Lazarus753
Leatherface
 
Posts: 177
Joined: May 2014
Location: STEM
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Re: Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 20, 2015 6:09 pm

Lazarus753 wrote:The gun has spread, and I think the game was designed that way. The matches are buggy, yeah, but bullets not landing precisely where you aim is not a bug. It simulates human error, and is otherwise a way to increase tension

That's correct.
I don't think it's a bug at all, the way bullet spread is handled in TEW is different than other games we are accustomed to. Basically the bullet can go anywhere within the expanding aiming reticle...

So even if you have the enemy right in the middle of the reticle, just as long as one pixel of the reticle is not aimed at the enemy, it can miss. As you can see here (It's an old GIF, but does the job)

Image

There's a wall right behind the Haunted in the GIF, so we know it missed. But if there wasn't, I can see why people would say the bullet didn't register because you don't see the bullet hitting anything.
Image
User avatar
Rikitatsu
Moderator
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: November 2012
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Re: Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby mamij » Jan 21, 2015 5:17 am

Rikitatsu wrote:
Lazarus753 wrote:The gun has spread, and I think the game was designed that way. The matches are buggy, yeah, but bullets not landing precisely where you aim is not a bug. It simulates human error, and is otherwise a way to increase tension

That's correct.
I don't think it's a bug at all, the way bullet spread is handled in TEW is different than other games we are accustomed to. Basically the bullet can go anywhere within the expanding aiming reticle...

So even if you have the enemy right in the middle of the reticle, just as long as one pixel of the reticle is not aimed at the enemy, it can miss. As you can see here (It's an old GIF, but does the job)

Image

There's a wall right behind the Haunted in the GIF, so we know it missed. But if there wasn't, I can see why people would say the bullet didn't register because you don't see the bullet hitting anything.


I am not sure we are talking about the same, what I am referring to is something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkzAh-Ct5VQ&feature=youtu.be&t=3h23m41s

When he aims at Fake Ruvik, the gun is suppose to hit, and not miss.
Also pay attention to spot 3.25.00, again the gun misses.
This is exactly what I had problems with...
User avatar
mamij
 
Posts: 7
Joined: October 2013
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Favorite Title: RE 1-3 and SH 1

Re: Casual gamers give this game so much unnecessary hate

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 22, 2015 4:44 am

mamij wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:
Lazarus753 wrote:The gun has spread, and I think the game was designed that way. The matches are buggy, yeah, but bullets not landing precisely where you aim is not a bug. It simulates human error, and is otherwise a way to increase tension

That's correct.
I don't think it's a bug at all, the way bullet spread is handled in TEW is different than other games we are accustomed to. Basically the bullet can go anywhere within the expanding aiming reticle...

So even if you have the enemy right in the middle of the reticle, just as long as one pixel of the reticle is not aimed at the enemy, it can miss. As you can see here (It's an old GIF, but does the job)

Image

There's a wall right behind the Haunted in the GIF, so we know it missed. But if there wasn't, I can see why people would say the bullet didn't register because you don't see the bullet hitting anything.


I am not sure we are talking about the same, what I am referring to is something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkzAh-Ct5VQ&feature=youtu.be&t=3h23m41s

When he aims at Fake Ruvik, the gun is suppose to hit, and not miss.
Also pay attention to spot 3.25.00, again the gun misses.
This is exactly what I had problems with...

Huh, that's weird indeed... Could it be a bug exclusive for the Magnum? Because it never happened while I used my regular Handgun, and I used it a LOT.
Image
User avatar
Rikitatsu
Moderator
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: November 2012
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: berto, tormented and 26 guests