Light Monster in DLC?

(Discuss the game)

Light Monster in DLC?

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 13, 2015 2:28 pm

What is your theory on this entity, ladies and gentlemen? Heh heh, is it The Keeper's spiritual sister? And would you like to see it appear in the DLC? It would be an interesting version of Juli's Keeper, or any type of antagonist for that matter- considering she'll likely face different monster's than Sebastian did, since their psyche is different ;).

John Johanas Twitter
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Re: Light Monster in DLC?

Postby gmc1992 » Jan 14, 2015 9:47 pm

interesting looking enemy, hopefully we get a trailer soon :)
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Aesthetically, it's impressive and creepy. But I think it's scrapped since they featured it in the artbook, otherwise they'd be spoiling stuff from the DLC.

Anyway, best thing about TEW's enemies is their design and functions from a gameplay standpoint. They're not just something you shoot at until you deplete it's health, there is a trick or two to every monster and some kind of weak point.
Rikitatsu

Postby Nemesis85 » Jan 18, 2015 12:57 am

Rikitatsu wrote:Aesthetically, it's impressive and creepy. But I think it's scrapped since they featured it in the artbook, otherwise they'd be spoiling stuff from the DLC.

Anyway, best thing about TEW's enemies is their design and functions from a gameplay standpoint. They're not just something you shoot at until you deplete it's health, there is a trick or two to every monster and some kind of weak point.

I am ambivalent about the Light Monster, maybe in practice she has some tricks under he sleeves that will make her creepy, but the design so far, honestly I don't know
Rikitatsu, I was just about to ask, what about the enemies in the TEW makes them scary, fun, and unique? well you did say that probably the number one reason is that since each enemy has a story behind it, the way to kill it differs from one enemy to another. But what else? I mean if you wanted to design a bada@@ enemy, what things would you consider in the making of it?
Nemesis85

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Nemesis85 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Aesthetically, it's impressive and creepy. But I think it's scrapped since they featured it in the artbook, otherwise they'd be spoiling stuff from the DLC.

I am ambivalent about the Light Monster, maybe in practice she has some tricks under he sleeves that will make her creepy, but the design so far, honestly I don't know
Rikitatsu, I was just about to ask, what about the enemies in the TEW makes them scary, fun, and unique? well you did say that probably the number one reason is that since each enemy has a story behind it, the way to kill it differs from one enemy to another. But what else? I mean if you wanted to design a bada@@ enemy, what things would you consider in the making of it?

That's a tricky question...
Well, first thing is the animations, they way the monster carries himself, and the speed of his movement. You can make the scariest looking monster around, but if his animations aren't up to bar he'll just end up looking lame. An example of this would be Deadly Premonition's enemies, the models themselves aren't very scary, but the way they move is terrifying.

Appearances and Sounds are also important, it has to look and sound unsettling, like Laura from TEW... Come and think of it, Laura is pretty much what I'd consider an ideal horror creature. Just about everything about her is terrifying.

Anyway, one of the reasons I liked the Light Monster design above is because of the light itself, and how that will effect the environment. Imagine running into her in a dark room that is only illuminated by her light... Or seeing the light from a corner in a hallway. It can produce some creepy moments.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 20, 2015 1:33 am

All good points lads and lasses- I do think she could be scary if it's executed well, especially her movements. I could see her functioning as TEW's Mannequin Monster from SH2- she blends into the environment, until you release she's otherwise. And I really do like the idea of the light as an environmental effect you'd have to fight- it would make for some creepy encounters indeed.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Lazarus753 » Jan 20, 2015 8:59 am

Also, there could be a point where you look directly at her, the light on her helmet cracks down the middle, and you get transported into a really warped version of the save room
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak