Everything We Know About The DLC So Far

(Discuss the game)

Everything We Know About The DLC So Far

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 20, 2015 4:14 pm

John Johanas has been dropping a lot of hints for the game's DLC, so I thought it would be best to keep track of them here. These should be treated as rumors, until they are confirmed as otherwise. What they do state is interesting.

-Kidman will fight different monsters and will have different weapons.

-She will talk more than Sebastian did.

-It is not short by any means, according to him and the development staff.

-It will answer some plot questions.

-Chapters 5 and 9 will serve as key inspiration.

- It will hit early on this year.

On a different note, he also mentioned KURAYAMI as a keyword for the DLC. Any thoughts on what he meant by that there ladies and gentlemen? I've never played that game, so I'm not sure what he is hinting at.

Source:

John Johanas Twitter
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Re: Everything We Know About The DLC So Far

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Also, for a tentative release date, I'd say let's look at early April tentatively-after Revelations 2 hits. That way, they won't have to worry about that game detracting any attention toward theirs- not that it would, but just as a precaution. I don't think they want to repeat October again- though ironically, both Isolation and TEW did sell rather well. Thank the Old Ones.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Very insightful, thanks Jocifer!

Kurayami, huh? I think it means Darkness in Japanese. Possibly the DLC will feature a lot of dark areas like Chapter 8 or Chapter 7?

Either way, I think the first DLC will release before April. I'm thinking Feburary or early March. There are 2 more DLCs after it and I don't think they'll afford releasing those late in the year otherwise people will lose interest.
Rikitatsu

Postby Lazarus753 » Jan 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Getting psyched over here. I stopped playing for a while, too, so I know that the tension will be back when I return to play the DLC, as well as the rest of my Nightmare run
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Very insightful, thanks Jocifer!

Kurayami, huh? I think it means Darkness in Japanese. Possibly the DLC will feature a lot of dark areas like Chapter 8 or Chapter 7?

Either way, I think the first DLC will release before April. I'm thinking Feburary or early March. There are 2 more DLCs after it and I don't think they'll afford releasing those late in the year otherwise people will lose interest.

No problem! And yeah the Kurayami bit is intriguing isn't it? Isn't the game open world? Maybe I'm reading too much into it- but wasn't the game with the same name open world? It could also be dark story and thematically, but this is The Evil Within we're talking about here, not Michael Bay :D.

Typing this up got me stoked too, I can't wait for it to hit.

Also, I'm calling it now: Pending DLC success, John Johanas will direct the sequel of the game ;). Mikami shalt produce.
Jocifer666

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 20, 2015 7:20 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Very insightful, thanks Jocifer!

No problem! And yeah the Kurayami bit is intriguing isn't it? Isn't the game open world? Maybe I'm reading too much into it- but wasn't the game with the same name open world? It could also be dark story and thematically, but this is The Evil Within we're talking about here, not Michael Bay :D.

Typing this up got me stoked too, I can't wait for it to hit.

You're probably referring to this Kurayami, right? It was an early version of Shadows of the Damned that was cancelled. I don't think it's related to the DLC. The word "Darkness" is a common word.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 20, 2015 7:53 pm

So it was! Never realized that heh heh. I wouldn't be surprised if you are indeed correct. And I have to say, the character exploring a castle with strange inhabitants does sound familiar to another Beta version of a well known game ^^.
Jocifer666

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Alright ladies and gentlemen, so according to dear John, the finishing touches on the DLC are being delivered as we speak! He also added, it's not a full game but there's still a lot to see- as well as a new bonus mode. He implied there will be a Mercenaries type mode at some point, could this be it- or is that forthcoming in a later DLC?
Jocifer666

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 22, 2015 4:45 am

That's cool, hopefully The Consequences DLC is shortly after it.
Rikitatsu

Postby dan76 » Jan 22, 2015 10:04 am

Jocifer666 wrote:Alright ladies and gentlemen, so according to dear John, the finishing touches on the DLC are being delivered as we speak! He also added, it's not a full game but there's still a lot to see- as well as a new bonus mode. He implied there will be a Mercenaries type mode at some point, could this be it- or is that forthcoming in a later DLC?

A mercenaries type mode would be great or even a horde type mode where you have to survive wave after wave of enemies - basically that arena section in chapter 15, but carried on and on. I'm also hoping for something similar the Separate Ways from RE4.

I looked into buying the season pass on the 360 and it says all dlc will be released by May 2015.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak