Everything We Know About The DLC So Far

(Discuss the game)

Re: Everything We Know About The DLC So Far

Postby robflee23 » Jan 31, 2015 10:41 pm

Does anybody else hope that they add a new difficulty setting in for the main campaign that's between Nightmare and Akumu? Or like a special randomized enemy mode, like you could see Alter Egos on Chapter 2 or Trauma on Chapter 5 during the onslaught of saving Kidman. Also I found the Raid Mode of RE: Revelations and I think it would be cool to see something like too, or even just a straight up Mercenaries mode like RE4 with a few tweeks, like Wave 1 you just get a Pistol and Shotgun, and after every wave you generate currency (brain juice) and you get to pick your weapons and upgrades between each Wave.
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby dan76 » Feb 01, 2015 6:45 am

More random enemies would be great - I actually thought more would be made of this in the main game. I also hope that along with the dlc there is a massive patch to sort out some of the problems (matches not working, standing up after dismantling traps etc.)
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby DampRevil » Feb 11, 2015 11:31 am

Steam says that The Assignment is 7.46gb. Could that have anything to do with the length, or is that just content?
DampRevil

PSN: DampRevil

Postby Rikitatsu » Feb 11, 2015 4:59 pm

DampRevil wrote:Steam says that The Assignment is 7.46gb. Could that have anything to do with the length, or is that just content?

Considering how oversized the main game is, I'd say neither.
It's the usual shenanigans of id tech 5, large install sizes... Probably due to the "mega-textures" or whatever.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Feb 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Interesting, regardless gentlemen.

Dear John also mentioned that the game is concurrent with Sebastian's- but anything else is a spoiler.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby DampRevil » Feb 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Well that's kind of a bummer about the file size. I was really hoping it would have some sort of effect on the length.

He didn't say that it's concurrent, he said the word I (I asked him) was looking for was concurrent because he was just trying to shorten my question for me. I know in previous interviews he said the same thing. He said everyone has a different perception of time while inside STEM.
DampRevil

Postby Jocifer666 » Feb 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Still, that's interesting! Anyone want to tweet at John Johanas to see if he can shed some light on a sequel or the games' sales? He'd definitely be the cat to talk to- though I have a feeling he'll say "can't talk about things that haven't been officially announced :)." Which is telling in it's own cryptic right ha ha.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby DampRevil » Feb 18, 2015 10:23 am

John confirmed over Twitter that Juli will not be able to level up or upgrade. Instead, we just have to find items. I'm not surprised by this though. Given that her DLC will be relatively short (2-3 hours), they probably thought it'd be too easy if we could upgrade. He did say though that he didn't want to spoil anything, so maybe there's more to it?
DampRevil

Postby ricktherigged » Feb 18, 2015 1:49 pm

DampRevil wrote:John confirmed over Twitter that Juli will not be able to level up or upgrade. Instead, we just have to find items. I'm not surprised by this though. Given that her DLC will be relatively short (2-3 hours), they probably thought it'd be too easy if we could upgrade. He did say though that he didn't want to spoil anything, so maybe there's more to it?

Hi,

is the length of the DLC your personal estimate or did John (or someone else) confirm that it will be this short? And do you know if the length of 2-3 hours refers to each part of Kidman's story or both? 2-3 hours per DLC would be fine with me, but a total length of just 3 hours for both Kidman-related DLCs combined would imo be way too short.
ricktherigged

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: d3viln00b

Postby DampRevil » Feb 18, 2015 11:19 pm

Welcome to the forum!

It's a little of both. I told John over Twitter that I would be disappointed if The Assignment was shorter than 2 hours and he told me not to get my hopes up. That sounds like confirmation to me that The Assignment will only be about 2 hours. He said that this is not a full length game and only a DLC. Another reason why I believe the campaigns won't be too long is because John comments more about the content within them rather than the length.

My assumption is that The Assignment will be roughly 2 hours and The Consequence will be roughly 2 hours. Together, I'm expecting a 4 hour experience between the two. I'm fine with that.
DampRevil

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak