My Idea For A Sequel

(Discuss the game)

My Idea For A Sequel

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 29, 2015 1:58 am

Hey Guys, I've been brainstorming ideas for a sequel for the game that I'd like to run by you- just because. I like doing things like this, I find it good for my creative energy! I would love this to be made- but I don't work at Tango :). Anywho, it borrows a bit from RE2, RE 3.5, The Exorcist 3, and from stories/ themes by a new horror writer named Laird Barron. His major theme for horror is the idea of evolution, and that becoming evolved by the supernatural is a good thing to those that are infected. What's frightening is it makes us turn against our humanity and our brothers and we enjoy it. Interesting no? I thought it would fit with the game, and I'm revisiting it for notes about a third game. Here it goes.

Title: ThE EviL WiThiN 2: Homefront

Tagline: Evil Comes Home

Back Cover Synopsis: After narrowly escaping the twisted confines of Ruvik's mind, Detective Sebastian Castellanos finds himself in a different kind of nightmare. A more familiar one, that wears the guise of the KCPD headquarters. And now, Sebastian has to deal with the worst kind of memories and allies made nightmares: his own.

Notes:

- The major theme is memory as a plague, and guilt.

- The laser sight returns, from RE4- and since the game takes place in the present, the weapons are more modern looking.

-Since the game takes place in a modern setting, with the Nightmares of Ruvik's mind seeping into it, the enemies look much more organic and human like than before. They are humans being infected and turned Haunted by Ruvik's/Leslie's conscious. You will see disturbing things like inmates willfully mutilating themselves and turning themselves into a Haunted, before rushing to attack Sebastian.

- The game will feature heavy backtracking, as well as Sebastian's interior monologue- each time he walks up to an object of interest in the environment.

- The RE 3.5 concepts continue to be utilized, as Sebastian can hold a flashlight in one hand, and his pistol in the other. The fog monster is also resurrected, but it looks more like the monstrous tendrils of a human brain married with fog. It represents the poisonous memory Sebastian has to fight with. It becomes even more organic looking as the game progresses.

- New enemies include Dogs, which look like a miniature version of a The Sentinel, mannequin enemies (that take the giant guise of the sex dolls police officers use to help victims of rape and child molestation identify where they got violated or touched), dolls, a Thing symbiote creature, which is a major boss/ Nemesis character, Siamese twin enemies, Jacob's Ladder style doctors, Human Psychopath enemies, cyborgs, and others.

-Basic humans also exist, what you do to them- help or harm them- decides Sebastian's fate at the game's end. Some may be The Thing style monster in disguise, some others. It adds an RPG element to the game.

-Parasites also exist, ala RE4, making certain Haunted more difficult to kill than others. For instance, there is a Laura parasite that makes enemies grow extra limbs and walk backwards and on ceilings like out of The Exorcist. You need to dismember their extra limbs to truly kill them, or set the enemies themselves on fire.

-Certain enemies need to be dismembered to stay dead.

-Rebone Laura is replaced by Myra, Sebastian's dearly departed wife. Her appearance borrows heavily from the monstrous wife's appearance in Laird Barron's Hallucigenia. She also comes if you don't burn the bodies, making it more of a necessity to do so! One of her forms is Myra tied to an ominous stretcher that rolls down the hallways ominously. You can hear here from afar. Other times, she appears as a molten mass of human flesh that spreads like a massive fungus.

-The game's locations inside KCPD features a morgue, a jail, a courthouse, a chapel, a secret laboratory, and offices.

-Puzzles are much more difficult than before and are also more randomized and prevalent.

-The Upgrade system is absent.

-Since the key feature is memory as a plague, and Sebastian's guilt, the story will contain various flashbacks from his life. Him meeting Myra, his father taking him to the jail when he was a kid and scaring by showing him the electric chair and jail, him meeting Joseph the first time, A serial killer that was blamed for Ruvik's murders getting the chair in front of Sebastian, and so on. It'll make Sebastian even more personally invested in the game and it'll round out his character more. It also solves the problem of Sebastian being flat. I do not think he is, but it fixes any concern people may have about it. It'll also suggest that Sebastian has been scarred subconsciously by all of the atrocities he's seen in Krimson City, and his encounter with Ruvik is making them come to a boil.

-The game opens with Sebastian being booked. He under arrest for shooting and killing Leslie! But he doesn't remember doing it at all, and the body can't be located. There was only a pool of blood in Leslie's cell. After the police finish Sebastian's questioning and leave, the power flickers and dies. His interrogation room then mysteriously opens up and allows him to investigate for himself, which sets in tone a whole new nightmare. He decides to journey his way to the morgue, to see for himself.

-Parts of the environment will morph. The shooting gallery morphs into those odd body bags from chapter 6, the antenna at the roof top begins to look a lot like STEM, safes take the appearance of The Keeper's head, and so on. It makes you wonder if Sebastian is having PTSD or something far worse. It'll be a great way to continue the game's unpredictable nature, as well as it's Winchester House influence.

- You will learn what happened to Joseph, during the game.

- You will learn more of Mobius's motives and that they have more operatives inside KCPD. You will also learn that Laura's monster version did in fact exist at one time, as did the Haunted. Laura was an attempt by Ruvik's father to resurrect her that went awry. The Haunted were Möbius' attempt to create a better race stronger than humanity physically...But with memories of their own making via STEM. It was supposed to be a way of evolution the extremely rich could buy.

-You will learn that KCPD and it's jail has been used to hold mental patients, since the Beacon Incident- as the Hospital is still destroyed from the first game.

- There will be multiple endings, pending on how you play the game.

- Torches and axes no longer give one hit kills. But they do serve as better alternatives for using guns, as do other melee weapons, such as baseball bats and night sticks. That way, the guns can be used for the tougher enemies and bosses.

- Leslie/ Ruvik is the main antagonist. A corrupt police chief and a crazed morgue doctor serve as secondary antagonists.The morgue Doctor will turn into something horrific, like this. He will look more organic and human like than this creature below though. Think Invisible Monsters from the original, but obviously visible ;).

-Bosses are more open ended and can be defeated in a variety of ways.

-The game takes place three days after the original game.

-Sebastian wears his dress shirt and vest for most of the game, until he encounters the father flashback in the jail, where he imagines he's wearing a convict jump suit. It represents his guilt at the whole situation, and how he fails like he's failed his father.

-The tone is more somber than the original, as it's a more personal tale of horror.

-Influences from From Beyond continue to appear, as do influences by Laird Barron and Exorcist 3.

- The game borrows a bit from RE 2, to give fans what they've wanted, a sort to fill the void of a still absent RE2 remake. It's a way to keep classic RE fans happy, while expanding onto new territory. Many of the similarities are loosely coincidental though.

-The cover is straight out of this book cover, except Sebastian holds his head in agony as his brains wriggle and seep out of his open top. The cover is still in black and white, like the original.

I'll update it more as I think it out more. Thoughts?
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Re: My Idea For A Sequel

Postby gmc1992 » Jan 29, 2015 1:33 pm

amazing you should be in charge of future games if this becomes a franchise
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 29, 2015 2:34 pm

That's too kind of you man, I appreciate that! It's funny, I've gotten a few private messages from our users, asking me if I was on the development team ^^.

That aside, is anyone here good with Photoshop? We should make that cover a reality! See what happens.

Something tells me that TEW will indeed become a franchise, too ;).
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby STALKERA90 » Jan 30, 2015 12:09 pm

awesome go make the Sequel already
STALKERA90
THE EVIL WITHIN

Favorite Title: SILENT HILL
PSN: ruslan9005291749
XBL: STALKERA90

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Heh, thank you sir! Now if only one of us here worked at Tango or Bethesda :).

I do have some more updates for y'all already actually! For starters, I thought of the cover and box art. Like the book cover I posted, it will be designed like the layers of the human body. The cover of the book is above. Behind it is this:

Sebastian's exposed muscles will be the disc cover.

The back cover will be Sebastian's skeleton. The one common theme is the top of his head will still be open, with his brains writhing about like snakes.

More Notes:

-During the unseen altercation, Sebastian suffers a head injury that may or may not be responsible for the blackouts and hallucinations.

-The pacing of the game is just as low key as the first. Even more so. The pacing is no more than a crawl usually, and a big part of the suspense is hearing the Haunted from far away and trying to find out where they are.
Jocifer666

Postby STALKERA90 » Jan 31, 2015 2:57 pm

awesome man i still can't wait for the DLC
STALKERA90
THE EVIL WITHIN

Postby gmc1992 » Feb 01, 2015 10:21 am

Will Kidman be in the game
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Jocifer666 » Feb 01, 2015 2:59 pm

I can't wait for the DLC either! Kidman will be seen in flashbacks during the second game. I was planing on making her the protagonist in the third game, actually. Remember the red bugs you see during the course of the first game? I was going to do something with them.
Jocifer666

Postby STALKERA90 » Feb 01, 2015 5:32 pm

btw how do guys think dlc will be long lets hope is not 2or 3 hours lets hope its like ada campaign long on resident evil 4
STALKERA90
THE EVIL WITHIN

Postby Jocifer666 » Feb 01, 2015 9:11 pm

STALKERA90 wrote:btw how do guys think dlc will be long lets hope is not 2or 3 hours lets hope its like ada campaign long on resident evil 4

This should be answered in the everything known about The DLC so far thread- but I believe the answer from John Johanas was: Not one person on the development team thinks it's short. It's not a full game, but it's definitely not short. I'm going to go on a limb and say it's about 8 hours- which is longer than RE5 isn't it :D.

Anywho, to further elaborate the morphing element of my sequel, remember the moose head in RE 3.5? Things like that will happen too, which will give an increasing unpredictability to the gameplay. Just imagine finding a safe in the KCPD, only to have it morph into the Keeper's face and it's tentacles pop at you and drag you inside.
Jocifer666

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak