– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Re: The Assignment discussion thread [Out now, is 6.1 GB]

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 10, 2015 6:11 am

I hope you don't mind, but I edited your thread title to make this the discussion thread for the DLC.
Rikitatsu

Postby robflee23 » Mar 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Just finished it. It feels more like a glorified Chapter 1, so if you didn't like that Chapter then you probably won't like this DLC. That being said there are a couple new additions that are very welcome like the enemies which are VERY cool and creepy, and they did implement a cover mechanic which I don't think was necessary at all. Also this DLC had more scares that got me than the whole main game did haha. If you have 10 bucks to spare I think it's a decent distraction, but me being the RE4 fanboy that I am, when I was finished I just wanted to play through the main game again.
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby gmc1992 » Mar 10, 2015 3:42 pm

just finished it was far scarier than the main game was, the enemies are pretty cool and
it seems like mobius is more like the templars than umbrella with them supposedly being around for centuries and having friends in high places
and im curious as to why the leader hides his face is he disfigured or does he have demon eyes like wesker, im curious to learn more about him, overall its very satisfying, cant wait for the next one :D
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby STALKERA90 » Mar 10, 2015 4:07 pm

more important is how long is The Assignment please guys tell if is worth it to buy?
STALKERA90
THE EVIL WITHIN

Favorite Title: SILENT HILL
PSN: ruslan9005291749
XBL: STALKERA90

Postby gmc1992 » Mar 10, 2015 4:14 pm

2.5 hours it took for me
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 10, 2015 4:47 pm

Just got done with it myself.

robflee23 wrote:Just finished it. It feels more like a glorified Chapter 1, so if you didn't like that Chapter then you probably won't like this DLC. That being said there are a couple new additions that are very welcome like the enemies which are VERY cool and creepy, and they did implement a cover mechanic which I don't think was necessary at all.

I disagree, the cover mechanic is a fantastic addition. In the main game, you'd have to wrestle with the camera when you want to peek from corners (since it automatically adjusts depending on your orientation) But with this DLC, you have manual control over peeking thanks to the cover system, plus it's nice that your body doesn't stick outwards when you try to hide like before...

That, along with voice distractions, makes the stealth a lot more enjoyable and elaborate. And I don't really get the comparison with TEW's Chapter 1, that was basically "Hold forward to win" scripted sequence that you can never fail (Unless you are new to videogames), the DLC has some pretty good stealth segments compared to the main game, so it didn't bother me that much. That said, it still was 95% stealth which disappointed me.

Overall

I liked...

-The atmosphere is great, rivals the best of the main game
-Story is much more gripping, though still haven't answered any of my questions from the main game
-Juli had better character development than Sebastian, despite the countless diaries you read in the main game. There was a disconnect.
-Stealth is much better than the main game, in both mechanics and level design
-Scarier than the main game as well, though I think it's because you aren't as empowered. But I think the main reason is that Light Lady. OH GOD she is terrifying!
-Flashlight puzzles are neat!

I disliked...

- Barely any gunplay, that's a shame since it's the best aspect of TEW in my opinion.
- A.I still bugs out and be problematic like the main game.
-A little on the repetitive side, at least compared to the main game... Since all you do now is just sneak around and go through vents, etc... The puzzles were barely challenging, but that's something that carries over from the main game.

I think John did a superb job with this DLC, I'm looking forward to part two, hopefully it actually answers all the questions we have.

P.S: Did anybody collect all the letter pieces? What does it do?

P.S 2: Those blind enemies that crawl around are totally inspired by Gyo, aren't they? The same with the huge spider boss in the main game (that chases you while you're on the bus).
Rikitatsu

Postby robflee23 » Mar 11, 2015 3:53 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:That, along with voice distractions, makes the stealth a lot more enjoyable and elaborate. And I don't really get the comparison with TEW's Chapter 1, that was basically "Hold forward to win" scripted sequence that you can never fail (Unless you are new to videogames), the DLC has some pretty good stealth segments compared to the main game, so it didn't bother me that much. That said, it still was 95% stealth which disappointed me.

I disliked...

- Barely any gunplay, that's a shame since it's the best aspect of TEW in my opinion.

This is why I didn't like this DLC. While I did like the Light elements, I like TEW so much because it feels like the true successor to RE4 in terms of gunplay and item managment, which this DLC had NONE of. I just hope The Consequence does have gunplay.

Also
If there is gunplay in The Consequence, I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Kidman's final boss is the Light Monster. I can think of so many awesome ways to fight that thing, and I just hope it actually comes true.
robflee23

Postby DampRevil » Mar 13, 2015 5:03 pm

I have nothing but positive things to say about The Assignment! I found it to be the best DLC I've ever played! I was very impressed with the Joseph battle; it was so tense and creepy. I also loved his dialogue too!

I have a theory about the Light Woman (her official name is Shade, by the way). I was thinking that she might actually be Juli. I know she probably isn't, but I noticed so many similarities between them.

1.) They're both searching for Leslie.
2.) The Shade sounds almost like a demonic version of Juli.
3.) They're both women.
4.) They both wield a light source as well. Juli carries around a flashlight, and the Shade has a giant searchlight on her head.

Is that the consequence of Juli failing her assignment? Did Mobius maybe turn Juli into the Shade to ensure that she could find Leslie?
DampRevil

PSN: DampRevil

Re: The Assignment DLC Live-Playthrough on Twitch

Postby Jocifer666 » Mar 15, 2015 7:11 pm

Actually 86, I just did beat it! That was amazing, I can't wait for The Consequence!

Question:
So does this mean that Sebastian imagined Joseph, from chapter 6 onward- given what happened to him :)?
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak