The Assignment discussion thread [Out now, is 6.1 GB]

(Discuss the game)

Re: The Assignment DLC Live-Playthrough on Twitch

Postby DampRevil » Mar 15, 2015 9:35 pm

I was thinking the same thing. However, if you recall the teaser for The Consequence, Joseph warns Seb that Juli can't be trusted. I'm assuming if we hear his voice, that must mean he's still alive.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Re: The Assignment DLC Live-Playthrough on Twitch

Postby Terra2500 » Mar 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:Actually 86, I just did beat it! That was amazing, I can't wait for The Consequence!

Question:
So does this mean that Sebastian imagined Joseph, from chapter 6 onward- given what happened to him :)?

I completed mine too and I died about 26 times. I can't stand the light woman. Overall the game is good but I'm kind of disappointed that Kidman had no firearms equipped and its stealth all the way.

I don't think Sebastian imagined Joseph from chapter 6. I had this theory on my mind so I thought of sharing it;

In the beginning there's a small quote from Doc Jimenez; "They existed together but saw things in their own way, creating their own reality" some sort. Now we know the incident in Beacon is real and sending both Seb and Joseph along with Juli was all arranged by Mobius.

After Juli was rescued by both detectives, they walked through the sewers as shown in the main campaign. That's where Jimenez's theory comes to surface: When the sound wave affects Seb and Joseph, Juli sees different things.
She sees Seb running off and Joseph turning into a Haunted and attacked her.

The reason why she seeing this is because the shadow man warns her about Joseph's suspicion. By giving her a warning, it kinds of create an imagination scenario on Kidman's mind as she feared what will happened if this is true; Joseph knows about it and she's forced to dispose him. With these thoughts in her mind, the STEM which brings out their conscious played out for her and she sees herself killing Joseph.

Take for example if someone tells you things like "You gonna fail cus you ain't good in maths" You will start to worry about this matter and starts playing all sorts of scenarios in your mind. It applies the theory for Kidman's case.

In Sebastian's scenario, he didn't suspect Kidman. Instead he encountered Laura that's why he sees Kidman and Joseph being dragged down into the pool of blood.

I strongly believed in chapter 6 where Seb found Joseph lying unconscious on the ground was after the fight with Kidman. If you recalled the main campaign; Joseph told Seb he can't remember anything nor how he got here and even mentioned that he could have change into a Haunted again. He was 'killed' in his Haunted form and when he fells unconscious, he got warped into another place to reunite with Seb. Joseph notices the strange things happening to him and he feared he will ended up hurting Seb so he tries to commit suicide.

That's my theory so far. What do you all think? :?
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Re: The Assignment discussion thread [Out now, is 6.1 GB]

Postby gmc1992 » Mar 18, 2015 11:43 am

Rikitatsu wrote:Just got done with it myself.

robflee23 wrote:Just finished it. It feels more like a glorified Chapter 1, so if you didn't like that Chapter then you probably won't like this DLC. That being said there are a couple new additions that are very welcome like the enemies which are VERY cool and creepy, and they did implement a cover mechanic which I don't think was necessary at all.

P.S: Did anybody collect all the letter pieces? What does it do?

Its Ruvik. It pretty much says they think they outsmarted me but theyre wrong. I can control stem and the lines between reality and hallucinations are now blurred. It also said that Jimenez disconnected his brain from the STEM system already in a effort to get rid of him. It didn't work. So that means that the brain Sebastian tore out in the main game wasn't real.
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby liontamer » Mar 25, 2015 10:07 am

gmc1992 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Just got done with it myself.

robflee23 wrote:Just finished it. It feels more like a glorified Chapter 1, so if you didn't like that Chapter then you probably won't like this DLC. That being said there are a couple new additions that are very welcome like the enemies which are VERY cool and creepy, and they did implement a cover mechanic which I don't think was necessary at all.

P.S: Did anybody collect all the letter pieces? What does it do?

Its Ruvik. It pretty much says they think they outsmarted me but theyre wrong. I can control stem and the lines between reality and hallucinations are now blurred. It also said that Jimenez disconnected his brain from the STEM system already in a effort to get rid of him. It didn't work. So that means that the brain Sebastian tore out in the main game wasn't real.

I was also able to collect all the letter pieces. Ruvik did mention that they disconnected his brain from STEM, but it never occurred to me that that would mean Sebastian never tore out an actual brain...
This is very interesting. Maybe Sebastian is still connected to STEM in the final moments of the actual game. Wow.
liontamer

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Lazarus753 » Mar 25, 2015 2:51 pm

I finished The Assignment a while ago, and personally, I thought it was amazing. It was everything I wanted the DLC to be. It was an extremely refreshing experience. Also, it was pretty long, all things considered. I'm looking forward to more story revelations on April 21st.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby DeHeerser » Mar 31, 2015 11:27 pm

* Kidman being The Shade (searchlight monster) makes sense to me as well. It can open paths the same way you can plus the game tells you that kidman is deceased and terminated.

* Story again doesnt make sense. If the Mobius becomes a being inside the Stem that can directly pursue Kidman. Why dont they just target Leslie directly? Or even take Ruvik on and retake control of STEM?

* Also the plot reveals that Seb is totally irrelevant to all parties involved. Then why is he the main character to begin with????
DeHeerser

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DeHeerser

Postby berto » Apr 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Here's what I've gathered. Julie ran away from home because they were too involved with their church to be parents, she has an exceptionally long criminal history from all of her anger issues. Mobius, an Umbrella like organization recruits her because she comes from a family who, like Marcelo, Ruben, and the rest of the Victoriano family, all belonged to the same 'religion' and provably know each other. Navigating through the memories of Ruvic will be easier for her since she grew up in that town and knows that church.

This is just a guess but I don't think that Mobius can see what she is doing, as Ruvic has implied and that shadow suggests, but rather they've injected her with a 'guardian' that acts if she deviates from their plans or it's Ruvic playing with her, manipulating her.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Postby dan76 » Apr 20, 2015 10:04 pm

I've just played this as the second part drops this week... And I thought it was awful. What a missed opportunity. No gunplay, hardly any enemies, no pacing, linear, heavily scripted... I really can't see what there is to enjoy about it.

Sure it fills in part of the story, but the gameplay is virtually nonexistent. Is there anything to enjoy on another playthrough. Terrible. All those new environments with nothing to do except slowly walk through. I can't believe Mikami had much to do with this - anyone know his involvement?

I really hope there is more to The Consequence.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby ShogunXCIV » May 09, 2015 4:34 am

I love with the point of Kidman just before the Joseph fight when Sebastian run like a crazy man in the cut-scene :lol:
ShogunXCIV

Favorite Title: The Evil Witin
XBL: ShogunXCIV

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak