Bethesda e3 invite

(Discuss the game)

Bethesda e3 invite

Postby gmc1992 » Apr 18, 2015 10:43 am

Bethesda recently put out an image of their conference with characters from some of their games in it, guess whos in the audience, could this mean a sequel or a trailer for the keeper dlc either way the hype has begun

http://gamingbolt.com/bethesda-e3-invit ... d-and-more
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Re: Bethesda e3 invite

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 19, 2015 4:16 am

Too early for a sequel. Maybe the final DLC, but isn't that a little too late? (It's 2 months for E3).

I think the invite is just showcasing Bethesda's characters from it's different IPs.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 27, 2015 12:15 am

It's funny gentlemen, I thought these tweets from Dear John were also rather telling :).

https://twitter.com/johnjohanas/status/ ... 8714038272

There was actually a better one where someone overtly asked about the sequel- but it appears to have been deleted :/.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Autoignition » Apr 27, 2015 4:01 pm

I was one of the ones who asked John on twitter about a sequel. He mentioned that there were still questions unanswered in the game, and I said "To be answered in the sequel, right?" to which he replied "could be ;)"

I'm also having trouble coming up with a reason why Sebastian would be so prominently displayed in that E3 invite if they didn't mean to mention TEW in some capacity at E3. If they had no plans to move forward with the IP, his poster would've been closer to the back or even nonexistent.

Here's hoping!
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Were you? Well, small world! I was actually told from one of my contacts that they do have plans to continue TEW well beyond the DLCs. Take that what you will :).
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby berto » Apr 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Autoignition wrote:I was one of the ones who asked John on twitter about a sequel. He mentioned that there were still questions unanswered in the game, and I said "To be answered in the sequel, right?" to which he replied "could be ;)"

I'm also having trouble coming up with a reason why Sebastian would be so prominently displayed in that E3 invite if they didn't mean to mention TEW in some capacity at E3. If they had no plans to move forward with the IP, his poster would've been closer to the back or even nonexistent.

Here's hoping!

Right?

TEW, as much as I loved it, isn't the most prominent of Bethesda's IPs, not by a long shot, so if you have a poster for promotional purposes Seb would be one of the dudes in the background further back.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 28, 2015 12:58 am

Agreed, though I will say- without getting into specifics, my friends at Bethesda have told me that they're very proud with how the game and the DLC preformed so far. I mean, it's the second best selling independent IP of all time so far, that's something isn't it?

Furthermore, there's no way the twist in The Consequence will be wrapped up in one DLC....If you catch my drift :).

I'm calling it now, the director from Code Veronica directs The Keeper's DLC- and Johanas directs the sequel. Mikami will produce both.
Jocifer666

Postby berto » Apr 28, 2015 1:12 am

Jocifer666 wrote:Agreed, though I will say- without getting into specifics, my friends at Bethesda have told me that they're very proud with how the game and the DLC preformed so far. I mean, it's the second best selling independent IP of all time so far, that's something isn't it?

Really? That's awesome. I've read and seen so many mixed reviews from the press and gamers that I thought the games was doing rather poorly and I was rather disappointed but that's great, that the game is doing well.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 28, 2015 5:54 pm

it's the second best selling independent IP of all time so far, that's something isn't it?

That can't be true! :P

The only milestone the game achieved sales-wise was "Highest First Month Sales for a New IP in the Survival Horror genre in the USA" And that milestone was quickly beaten by another game (I think it was Dying Light? Not sure) after a few months. And if you're curious how much TEW did in it's first month, it was somewhere around 380k, slightly above the first Dead Space's debut. Which is good, but not amazing considering intense marketing before the game came out, and the pedigree behind the game.
Rikitatsu

Postby Lazarus753 » Apr 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
it's the second best selling independent IP of all time so far, that's something isn't it?

That can't be true! :P

The only milestone the game achieved sales-wise was "Highest First Month Sales for a New IP in the Survival Horror genre in the USA" And that milestone was quickly beaten by another game (I think it was Dying Light? Not sure) after a few months. And if you're curious how much TEW did in it's first month, it was somewhere around 380k, slightly above the first Dead Space's debut. Which is good, but not amazing considering intense marketing before the game came out, and the pedigree behind the game.

That info is a major buzzkill, haha. That sucks so much.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak