The Consequence DLC Discussion Thread [Out Now]

(Discuss the game)

The Consequence DLC Discussion Thread [Out Now]

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 21, 2015 5:22 am

It seems like it's out on STEAM and Xbox, Playstation would be a little later. (Though I heard it's out on the EU PSN store)

It's 7.5 GB (Size might be different depending on the platform).

Will post my impressions later.
Rikitatsu

Re: The Consequence DLC Discussion Thread [Out Now]

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 21, 2015 11:13 am

I'll definitely be on here after I download and beat it, that's for sure! That launch trailer was awesome too.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby berto » Apr 21, 2015 1:52 pm

It's on the PS4 now. I'll be playing it while the sun's still out.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Postby StandWithUs » Apr 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello.
There is a lot to discuss. When everyone's ready, this is the first question on my mind:

1: Which STEM is being used?
Without STEM, none of this is possible. Given what we learn early in The Consequence, the wireless prototype STEM existed. Jimenez, feeling threatened by Mobius, decides to plug himself and Leslie into the STEM and activate it. The wireless signal pulls those in range into the STEM world. This is consistent with everything else we learn in the game. The four at the beginning of the game are on the way to Beacon and get into the signal's range. And yet...
At the end, we see all the characters physically connected to a Mobius-run STEM. Was it some kind of simulation? A STEM within a STEM?
StandWithUs

Postby berto » Apr 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Originally I was under the assumtion that they were already inside of the STEM at the start of the game. How DID they get plugged in, then?
berto

Postby StandWithUs » Apr 21, 2015 7:43 pm

berto wrote:Originally I was under the assumtion that they were already inside of the STEM at the start of the game. How DID they get plugged in, then?

Have you gone through The Consequence?

With the Wireless STEM mentioned, I assumed that's how they got pulled in. Jimenez says only he and Leslie are going to be plugged in to the STEM at Beacon. Mobius didn't want that to happen, so that made it seem like Kidman and the gang got to Beacon too late.
But then there was a conversation between Jimenez and the Mobius man, saying they needed expendable sane minds to cleanse the system. Maybe they all were captured and plugged in before the beginning of the game?
StandWithUs

Postby berto » Apr 21, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm almost done. I had to go to work so I'm on the last part of chap. 4.

StandWithUs wrote:
berto wrote:Originally I was under the assumtion that they were already inside of the STEM at the start of the game. How DID they get plugged in, then?

Have you gone through The Consequence?

With the Wireless STEM mentioned, I assumed that's how they got pulled in. Jimenez says only he and Leslie are going to be plugged in to the STEM at Beacon. Mobius didn't want that to happen, so that made it seem like Kidman and the gang got to Beacon too late.
But then there was a conversation between Jimenez and the Mobius man, saying they needed expendable sane minds to cleanse the system. Maybe they all were captured and plugged in before the beginning of the game?

I got passed that already. Originally I thought the same thing, that they were plugged before they got the call to go to Beacon Memorial, but Julie remembers that they all heard that sound on the radio and that's when she thinks they all got linked, however, when Seb woke up him, and everyone else, were hooked up to a STEM system. I want to know which is it: on the ride to Memorial or even before that in an unseen part of the story.
berto

Postby dan76 » Apr 21, 2015 9:35 pm

Just completed this - what the hell?

It was marginally better than The Assignment, but still suffered from heavy scripting, forced walking, a lack of enemies, cutscene after cutscene. Plus a replay of that awful light monster hide and seek fight - twice! At least the second time you have a gun. It also takes itself very seriously, unlike the main game.

The story was good, but as a game I just don't get it. There is nothing to go back and enjoy. Rather than focusing on one element from the main game and expanding upon it they added a new mechanic and made a whole game around that, ignoring what made the main game so good. This is a story, not a game. It's not scary either, I don't think it even tries to be scary. The guy who wrote and directed it shouldn't be let near a sequel - if there is one.

Man, I had hopes for this being good, but what a let down.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby berto » Apr 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Just beat it. Oh man, that was fun. I wish there was more.
berto

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 22, 2015 11:11 am

Just beat it, well that was something. I don't know if I missed a few tapes but this DLC left more questions that it did answer them:

-So we were pulled into STEM wirelessly at the beginning of the game? But some things confuse me:

-After being pulled, does that mean that all the characters are still unconcious in the Police car? How come in the end they are plugged Physically in STEM? Or did Mobius collect them? If so, why?

-Assuming the "real world" is the place where Kidman woke up in, it's different than the place Seb woke up in the main game, that was empty, with no Mobius personnel around, and Leslie was walking free. Does that mean Seb is still in STEM? That's kinda anticlimactic.

- If the "sharp noises" are heard when STEM is activated, does that mean STEM keeps getting activated repeatedly in the whole game? Because we keep hearing that noise many times. Or is it the "pulse" Myra mentioned? If so, what does this pulse do?

I'm so confused right now, I would love for someone to make a timeline out of this.

From what I understand:

> Kid gets injected with something
> Mobius arrange a police call for Beacon, Seb, Kid, Oda, and Oscar head to the scene
> Marcelo activates the W-STEM
> Everyone close to Beacon is connected wirelessly to STEM
> The Nightmare begins
> Leslie get's absorbed by Ruvik
> Sebastian defeats "Ruvik"
> Wakes up the first time near a STEM terminal, destroys Ruvik's brain
> Wakes up the second time, sees Kidman talking to him, this is the same reality as in The Consequence ending
> Wakes up the third time, in beacon, sees the same scene as when he entered STEM (Dead bodies in the entrance).

Did I get this right? So Sebastian is still living inside STEM?

Gameplay wise, it's about the quality of The Assignment, but I'm disappointed there wasn't enough gunplay in this...
Rikitatsu

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak