The Executioner DLC Hype Thread

(Discuss the game)

The Executioner DLC Hype Thread

Postby Lazarus753 » Apr 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Welcome to The Executioner DLC Hype Thread.

[GET HYPE GET HYPE]

This time we get to play as The Keeper, which should be a gloriously violent adventure.

Firstly, the achievements:

Also, it was confirmed in the official Consequence DLC live stream that The Executioner will have a story. We're not sure how narrative driven it will be, but it will definitely have a story to it.

More news will be posted over the next few weeks, including a release date when that information becomes available.

Also, feel free to discuss The Executioner all you want in this thread.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Re: The Executioner DLC Hype Thread

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 28, 2015 1:33 pm

I am super stoked for this- what else is new :)? What do you guys think the plot will be?

The ending of The Consequence gave me chills too.

Wanna bet that the Code Veronica Director shall direct this or a future DLC :)? Just a hunch ^^. A wild one, but a hunch.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Lazarus753 » Apr 28, 2015 1:37 pm

Well, it would have to be a future DLC. The Executioner is largely finished. The two Bethesda employees had already been playing it a week prior to their live stream of The Consequence. Who's this Code Veronica director? I thought that game sucked? Don't crucify me, as that's just a vague memory.
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 28, 2015 1:47 pm

It did suck IMO. Heh. My friend told me they were thinking about reviving old RE concepts for future content with past RE directors- I can't remember his name, but I think he's just a farmer now. A farmer that has regular contact with Mikami san apparently.

That aside, do you think you'll be portraying The Keeper and going after Kidman and company? Or that it'll be something else? Perhaps one turned by Mobius to help them survive STEM?
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Morir es vivir » Apr 28, 2015 2:48 pm

What?, Hiroki Kato?, yeah i though he was a farmer now?, i find it strange that he will have any involvement with something like this at this point, this reviving RE old concepts thing is really interesting stuff non the less. Come on guys Code Veronica did not sucked, that game had a really good atmosphere and score. It was originally planned to be much more ambitious but it did not turned out like that at the end, doesn't mean it sucked tho. Anyway i'm pumped about getting to play as this mostrosity :twisted:
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Yes, Hiroki Kato (RE:CV director) has become a farmer after working on Vanquish. And double yes that Code Veronica is aweosme, I don't understand the hate. It's actually one of my favorite REs!
Rikitatsu

Postby Morir es vivir » Apr 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Yes, Hiroki Kato (RE:CV director) has become a farmer after working on Vanquish. And double yes that Code Veronica is aweosme, I don't understand the hate. It's actually one of my favorite REs!

Yes it is indeed one of the best and the real Bio 3 unlike Nemesis, i love the HD version. The only thing that bothered me about the HD port was that they zoomed in the static camera angles a little bit so there were areas around gone, kinda like the HD Remake but not as much tho. It looks gorgeous anyway and i love using the lighter not just to look for items since looks darker now, but just to see the beautiful lightning effect it causes on the environment.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Lazarus753 » Apr 28, 2015 6:05 pm

Morir es vivir wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Yes, Hiroki Kato (RE:CV director) has become a farmer after working on Vanquish. And double yes that Code Veronica is aweosme, I don't understand the hate. It's actually one of my favorite REs!

Yes it is indeed one of the best and the real Bio 3 unlike Nemesis, i love the HD version. The only thing that bothered me about the HD port was that they zoomed in the static camera angles a little bit so there were areas around gone, kinda like the HD Remake but not as much tho. It looks gorgeous anyway and i love using the lighter not just to look for items since looks darker now, but just to see the beautiful lightning effect it causes on the environment.

Wasn't Code Veronica a railgun shooter? Sorry, I'm clueless.
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Lazarus753 wrote:
Morir es vivir wrote:

Wasn't Code Veronica a railgun shooter? Sorry, I'm clueless.

Nope it wasn't.
There was an Arcade Spin-Off called "RE Survivor: Code Veronica" Which was an On-rail shooter based on Code Veronica.
Rikitatsu

Postby Lazarus753 » Apr 28, 2015 6:14 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Nope it wasn't.
There was an Arcade Spin-Off called "RE Survivor: Code Veronica" Which was an On-rail shooter based on Code Veronica

Well shit, that's the only Code Veronica I've ever known. It's one of the games we had at our local arcade. Needless to say, I didn't like it.
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak