The Executioner DLC Hype Thread

(Discuss the game)

Re: The Executioner DLC Hype Thread

Postby ghostcall » May 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Morir es vivir wrote:
ghostcall wrote:come to think of it i want a TEW spin off light gun with free movement like RE survivor and dead aim.

:P

i liked TEW but it could have been a lot better than it is now honesty.

But it is better compare to REV2 in some aspects of the game.

Just in some aspects??...It's better in every way. Wait, i know what are you going to say....The story....Story in RE is a joke since 5....Alex Wesker??....Pffffff.....Barry: "i'm coming for you baby girl"....It's been a south american TV novela since 2009.

my problem is not with story but gameplay.

i actually like with Shinji doing with story unlike now RE Bad comic over drama action crap.

the TEW story is not supposed to make sense because you're thrown in a world created by mad scientist serial killer (ruvik) how can you find logic in insane person's mind?

But the environments you visit are somehow connected one way or another to ruvik just like the monsters that ruvik had created.

but gameplay on other hand could have been a lot better but still much better than anything capcom thrown at me.

just my opinion man.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Morir es vivir » May 12, 2015 6:18 pm

ghostcall wrote:
Morir es vivir wrote:
ghostcall wrote:come to think of it i want a TEW spin off light gun with free movement like RE survivor and dead aim.

:P

i liked TEW but it could have been a lot better than it is now honesty.

But it is better compare to REV2 in some aspects of the game.

Just in some aspects??...It's better in every way. Wait, i know what are you going to say....The story....Story in RE is a joke since 5....Alex Wesker??....Pffffff.....Barry: "i'm coming for you baby girl"....It's been a south american TV novela since 2009.

my problem is not with story but gameplay.

i actually like with Shinji doing with story unlike now RE Bad comic over drama action crap.

the TEW story is not supposed to make sense because you're thrown in a world created by mad scientist serial killer (ruvik) how can you find logic in insane person's mind?

But the environments you visit are somehow connected one way or another to ruvik just like the monsters that ruvik had created.

but gameplay on other hand could have been a lot better but still much better than anything capcom thrown at me.

just my opinion man.

Ok, cool. Now, do you have any suggestions on how the game play could have been better, or how to improve it?.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby ghostcall » May 12, 2015 6:43 pm

Ok, cool. Now, do you have any suggestions on how the game play could have been better, or how to improve it?.

remove the whole "move forward to win" nonsense for starters.

more maze like maps in fact the whole game should have been more like chapter 3 village section.

the village section just suits the gameplay fine.

no IDtech 5 please.....

etc.
ghostcall

Postby Rikitatsu » May 12, 2015 6:49 pm

ghostcall wrote:

more maze like maps in fact the whole game should have been more like chapter 3 village section.

no IDtech 5 please.....

etc.

Agreed.
Rikitatsu

Postby Lazarus753 » May 12, 2015 7:06 pm

lol, it's sad to see so many people spew unwarranted negativity. If you want the whole game to be the damn village section, then go play RE4. I mean that's really what you want, right? RE4. So go play RE4.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby Morir es vivir » May 12, 2015 7:11 pm

ghostcall wrote:

no IDtech 5 please.....

etc.

Yeah, definitely bigger maps and like you said, chapter's 2,3, 4 AND..... 9 environments should have lasted longer, like way way more, but...... you said "village section suits the game play fine" so you're problem is how the game play works with the rest of the environments, not the actual game play mechanics right?. Ok i get it. I personally think the rest of the environments are pretty awesome. But i must admit that chapter 11 as we all know is kinda RE5ish, believe me, i hate it 2. There were a couple of sections that where just a big NO, but there where areas i liked. Chapter 12 is ok, the thing is that you play that one right after been sore of 11... The problem with the ID Tech 5 was the texture pop in (which it really wasn't that much) but i understand is a flaw non the less, Tango made work of art with this engine tho, it looks gorgeous. Now the heavy frame drops...i don't think that has anything to do with ID TEch 5 i believe?, but it was absolutely unacceptable in this day and age, and the fact that it was also present on current gen....Man. Doesn't kill the game tho. Funny thing is that TEW is truly a remarkable experience even with it's ups and downs. I love it the more i play and fuck around with it.
Last edited by Morir es vivir on May 12, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morir es vivir

Postby Rikitatsu » May 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Lazarus753 wrote:lol, it's sad to see so many people spew unwarranted negativity. If you want the whole game to be the damn village section, then go play RE4. I mean that's really what you want, right? RE4. So go play RE4.

I think you misunderstood, he doesn't want to play the entire game in a village. He wants the entire game to be as good as Ch.3, which I personally agree with.

Ch.3 is the high-point for TEW, IMO. Not because it's similar to RE4 (it actually isn't really very similar), but because of how open ended the level design is. You can go the shootbang route, but still have limited resources. You can stealth the entire level if you want, hell, you can stealth kill the freakin' boss!

The enemies go around the entire level searching for you while you hide under beds and in lockers, including the boss, who you can play cat & mouse with in every house.

It's a brilliant level, if the entirety of TEW had the same design philosophy as Ch.3, it will leave RE4 and REMake in the dust, IMO.

Too bad the rest of the chapters are uneven. TEW has higher highs than RE4, but lower lows, it's very inconsistent, but when it shines, every other game in the genre can't compare.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » May 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Lazarus753 wrote:lol, it's sad to see so many people spew unwarranted negativity. If you want the whole game to be the damn village section, then go play RE4. I mean that's really what you want, right? RE4. So go play RE4.

The village section was good because it encouraged different play styles (stealth gunplay etc) just like how the gameplay was designed to support different play styles (correct me if im wrong.) while it kept survival horror feeling by forcing the player to explore around the environment for items and weapons while worrying about the enemies searching and hunting you.

RE4 village section was kill as many enemies as possible.

Edit:i agree 100% what Rikitatsu said.
Last edited by ghostcall on May 12, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghostcall

Postby Morir es vivir » May 12, 2015 7:29 pm

I had to mention this: If you happen to have one of the older Action Replays for the game cube, there is a code for enemy HP modification in RE4, it makes the enemies take a real beating before they go down. It really changes the way you play RE4, hands down the best code for that game. Not only every battle lasts longer, you're not going to kill everything anymore, you're gonna run more than kill, and ammo becomes scarce because of enemies high HP. I love that code :D
Morir es vivir

Postby Lazarus753 » May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:

I think you misunderstood, he doesn't want to play the entire game in a village. He wants the entire game to be as good as Ch.3, which I personally agree with.

Ch.3 is the high-point for TEW, IMO. Not because it's similar to RE4 (it actually isn't really very similar), but because of how open ended the level design is. You can go the shootbang route, but still have limited resources. You can stealth the entire level if you want, hell, you can stealth kill the freakin' boss!

The enemies go around the entire level searching for you while you hide under beds and in lockers, including the boss, who you can play cat & mouse with in every house.

It's a brilliant level, if the entirety of TEW had the same design philosophy as Ch.3, it will leave RE4 and REMake in the dust, IMO.

Too bad the rest of the chapters are uneven. TEW has higher highs than RE4, but lower lows, it's very inconsistent, but when it shines, every other game in the genre can't compare.

Fair enough. I don't think the lows are nearly as low as people are making them out to be. The game was fantastic. Not perfect, but really, really good. What were the very low points of the game? Chapter 8 could be argued, but I think it was short and relatively fun. I emphatically disagree with the people who whine about the "push forward to win" sections. Chapter 1 was the best opening to a video game I've ever played. It's amazing in every way.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak