The Evil Within Lore Guide Project

(Discuss the game)

Re: The Evil Within Lore Guide Project

Postby Autoignition » Aug 14, 2016 10:30 pm

I'll definitely do some boss breakdowns, then! Maybe not immediately, but I'll prioritize it higher.

In any case, I have a new piece written up!

All about the upgrade chair.

I'll edit the OP with the link.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Fascinating stuff, can you remind me when Leslie was able to exert influence in STEM? I can't recall him being able to.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Aug 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Sure! He brings Sebastian outside in chapter 6, changes the weather and destroys a part of the city in chapter 14 when Joseph gets shot, and pulls Sebastian back to Beacon in chapter 15. Additionally, he causes distortions in the save area whenever he's in it.
Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Autoignition wrote:Sure! He brings Sebastian outside in chapter 6, changes the weather and destroys a part of the city in chapter 14 when Joseph gets shot, and pulls Sebastian back to Beacon in chapter 15. Additionally, he causes distortions in the save area whenever he's in it.

Ah, alright gotcha. Forgot about those...
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Mar 28, 2017 10:31 pm

So this has nothing to do with the project per se, but I DID stumble on something interesting (well, I think it's interesting) while going through my materials while writing. A buddy of mine started talking to me about Beacon Hill in Boston. I thought that was weird, since I always, since the beginning, have said that the Krimson City map resembles Boston.

So I looked it up.

Check this out. This is Boston, with the area of Beacon Hill represented by the red dot:

This is Krimson City, with Beacon Hospital represented by the red dot:

I asked my buddy to tell me a little bit about Beacon Hill, and this is what she told me:

It's actually quite a lovely neighborhood, like the old quiet areas of Manhattan. Cobblestone streets that are narrow and gaslit, with brownstones and ironwrought fences. It's right behind the Massachusetts state house and it overlooks the Charles River, and the state house has a golden dome so when sunlight hits it, most of the houses (which are mostly brownstone, as I said) all kinda light up and glow.

Way back when, it was used to warn the people who lived there of invasions. Thus, Beacon Hill.

Ever wondered why the actual building of Beacon Hospital looked so old-timey compared with the rest of the city? Now you know. It's a direct real-world homage. (That, and it's also probably an homage to the facility in the movie Shutter Island, since Mikami-san once said that that movie was a big inspiration.)

Cool, huh? I thought that the part about "warning people of invasions" was super interesting, too. Maybe the lighthouse in STEM is related!
Autoignition

Postby Rousseau » Mar 29, 2017 3:49 am

Awesome! That answers the question of wtf the architect was thinking when they put a lighthouse on a mental hospital.
Rousseau

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak