33%
Yes, I'm satisfied :|
44%
I'm disappointed :(
22%

Total votes : 9

Consensus

Postby PrerendeRED » Dec 09, 2015 1:01 pm

So what's the consensus on the game? Is it a good one? Was it generally disappointing? Did it meet everybody's expectations?

I haven't been to these forums in a long time, so I simply don't know.

For me, I've read and watched countless reviews and played the demo and decided that it is basically RE4, which I dislike and decided not to play it in the foreseeable future.
PrerendeRED

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 1
PSN: TVippy
XBL: TVippy
Wii U: TVippy
Steam: fear_itself

Re: Consensus

Postby Gooch » Dec 14, 2015 1:19 pm

I adore The Evil Within. It was, and still is, my favorite game of 2014. It definitely has a lot more in common with RE4 than the original Resident Evil games, which I know will disappoint some, but I didn't mind in the slightest. RE4 is my all time favorite game, after all.
Gooch

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Goochbot
XBL: GOOCH3R
Wii U: Goochbot

Postby Morir es vivir » Dec 18, 2015 12:04 am

Evil within is dope, i love it!
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Nemesis85 » Dec 20, 2015 8:03 pm

I wish people that were voted for either "Satisfied" or "disappointed" would mention the reason why.
Nemesis85

Postby Autoignition » Dec 26, 2015 12:26 am

Definitely exceeded expectations. I expected this to be a shitty cash-in rip-off of RE4. Boy was I pleasantly surprised.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Morir es vivir » Jan 19, 2016 5:06 am

Nemesis85 wrote:I wish people that were voted for either "Satisfied" or "disappointed" would mention the reason why.

Why? Here's my little humble tribute video to this game. This is why i love it, it's very simple really:

phpBB [video]

Also, here's one from REmake i made last month:
phpBB [video]
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby perpetualodium » Feb 27, 2016 10:15 am

Game of the Year 2014 for me was Lords of the Fallen, but just barely.

The Evil WIthin exceeded my expectations by a long shot. Chapter 1 is the best intro to any game ever, and the game's just sickeningly good in general. The enemy design is beyond incredible. The game environments are great (some of the lighting puts me in a state of awe). The story is macabre and extremely twisted. Some would say disjointed, and I agree, but I'm of the opinion that it's both intentional and superb. With every consecutive playthrough I piece together more and more of the narrative's subtleties. The game's structured like a real life nightmare. As someone who dreams and remembers his dreams on a nightly basis, I can get behind that in a big way.

My love for TEW runs deep. I finally found the cash to drop on the exclusive Keeper statue from Gaming Heads. Bought their Keeper bobblehead, too. Also bought the UK Limited Edition and the JP Limited Steelbook Edition, both sealed. The UK one comes with a physical copy of Seb's diary and a 3D lenticular art card. Steelbook comes with the soundtrack, which I'm gonna rip to lossless quality. Already owned the entire comic book series, including every alternate cover, and The Art of The Evil Within. Now I just have to battle with myself over whether or not I should open any of this stuff. I'll probably buy second copies to open. I'm sick in the head like that.

I'm just extremely hyped about the game in general. I'm four or so achievements away from 100%, but I get lazy when I get to that point. Already done all the hard stuff, so I'm pretty chill about it. I'm gonna be replaying TEW for years, anyways.

The game's being reinstalled right now. Next step is to go once through Casual mode just to refresh myself on the story.
I'm the Michael Jordan of bad decisions.
perpetualodium

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: perpetualodium
Steam: perpetualodium

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak