73%
Over the Shoulder
27%
First Person
No votes

Total votes : 41

Re: Camera Angle

Postby Yama » May 14, 2013 1:59 pm

To continue on the discussion started in this topic (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=141) we already know there won't be static camera angles. I would have enjoyed them, especially with this or next generations hardware, though it'd sacrifice much of what makes this game itself seemingly.

The only possible option I see is some sort of unlockable bonus, similar to what was planned for Biohazard 4 but scrapped, for the same reason it likely won't be The Evil Within; too much effort for a niche 'easter egg' of sorts. Even if it was done, it'd feel like homage and lack substance. Look at it in Biohazard 5's Lost in Nightmares. Interesting? Of course, it's a nice nod. Did it honestly improve the scenario? Not at all, it was detrimental. To properly include static camera angles and get the most out of them, the game would have to be designed around them from the ground up. At best I can see a very small area of the game having an easter egg of sorts where it activates the camera angle, though even that's a stretch.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby PanamaRed » May 14, 2013 2:09 pm

I think maybe they could release a short DLC campaign using the static camera but the main problem I see with this is that I don´t know if it is possible to translate the game´s core mechanics into static camera gameplay.
PanamaRed

Favorite Title: RE:Outbreak

Postby Yama » May 14, 2013 2:20 pm

PanamaRed wrote:I think maybe they could release a short DLC campaign using the static camera but the main problem I see with this is that I don´t know if it is possible to translate the game´s core mechanics into static camera gameplay.

It's really not, which is why the nod seen in LIN's was nothing but a nod. If it's included it'll likely be for short stint where little to no action takes place, at most perhaps some trap setting. Like you mentioned, the core mechanics simply aren't meant for it.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Cyberote » May 14, 2013 5:28 pm

I didn't really expect TEW to feature static camera angles. I would just prefer them. Not that there's anything wrong with OTS. I just miss the good old days with Resident Evil and Dino Crisis.
Cyberote

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak