73%
Over the Shoulder
27%
First Person
No votes

Total votes : 41

Camera Angle

Postby Cyberote » Nov 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Since this is going to be a survival horror game, I was wondering what kind of camera angle would be implemented into Project Zwei. Will it go back to the good ol static camera angles, stick with the more modern over-the-shoulder camera angle or will it be in first person? What are your thoughts and hopes?
Cyberote

Re: Camera Angle

Postby Yama » Nov 03, 2012 10:21 pm

I can't even guess what it will be, though I'd be completely open to a hybrid style such as Biohazard 3.5. Static camera for general exploration shifting to third person for any type of confrontational segments.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby i.am.no.law » Nov 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Ya pretty hard to guess what they will go with, however i must say I have always envisoned the over the shoulder camera for most of my dream survival horror series games. That said i wouldnt be opposed to what yama said, Re 3.5 did have a very cool setup in that respect.

Honestly, they can make it whatever camera angle they want, so long as the game works out to be scary and horrifying.
What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end.
PSN: wander-forever
360: valkyriesoulblu
WIIU: (To be announced, after zelda launches)
i.am.no.law

Postby Biohazard » Nov 04, 2012 1:53 am

I hope it's over the shoulder.
why?
With this settings the game can be fast and scary at the same time.
Most time i could say: like resident evil 3.5 but i guess this will be very different from zwei.
________________Resident Evil 5 Playtime: 506hrs 54min 52sec_______________
________________Resident Evil 6 Playtime: 102hrs 28min 25sec_______________
Biohazard

Postby Agent Wong » Nov 04, 2012 2:11 am

I prefer the over the shoulder myself. Although, FPS allows all those moments to happen right in your face. Like F.E.A.R, many times throughout that game I was startled pretty good.
Agent Wong

Postby i.am.no.law » Nov 04, 2012 4:24 am

Agent Wong wrote:I prefer the over the shoulder myself. Although, FPS allows all those moments to happen right in your face. Like F.E.A.R, many times throughout that game I was startled pretty good.

FPS can at times be incredibly freaky. Amnesia dark descent anyone? Or the upcoming new Amnesia, a Machine for pigs? Those games are heart attack inducing, honestly.

Combine that with games like Slender, and yeah, i can see FPS producing even more. future horror themed games.

That said, i just prefer seeing my character, and enemies closing in on them, I felt the camera angle in Re4 was pretty good for that
What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end.
PSN: wander-forever
360: valkyriesoulblu
WIIU: (To be announced, after zelda launches)
i.am.no.law

Postby Yama » Nov 04, 2012 11:56 am

I doubt we'll see static camera angles again, though will say that it is the most fear inducing when it comes to atmosphere. The game dictates each and every effect without fail, anything scripted literally can not be missed. With the first person perspective a lot of this becomes a bit more situational and may not be directed in the fashion it was intended. With that said, there is a bit more suspense because the player isn't waiting to see what is in the next 'frame', but knows anything can happen at any given moment.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Ryudo » Nov 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Static please. Tired of TPS loosley disguised as horror
Ryudo

Postby XiuJu » Nov 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Also not a fan of first person. Static would be good. Not being able to see round corners adds to the horror.
XiuJu

Postby komaru » Nov 04, 2012 3:38 pm

I personally like static camera than FPS or Over shoulder. It feels more like scene that was intended to be shown by the director. But of course I'm sure ppl would like the other camera angles better for their own personal taste.

Best if there's a hybrid option, much like how there was a action reply code for the GCN BH4 to force a static camera.
I haven't play CVX but I remember seeing there's FPV too in a YT video. So, ideally it would be great if there's option to have all 3 camera angle for player to choose from.
komaru

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak