73%
Over the Shoulder
27%
First Person
No votes

Total votes : 41

Re: Camera Angle

Postby VteX » Nov 05, 2012 10:23 pm

I voted Over the shoulder view RE4 beta showed a cool atmosphere but that version had static cameras too so a mix of both would be nice eh?
VteX

Postby Cyberote » Nov 06, 2012 2:49 am

I decided to vote static. So much of the horror in REmake comes from the eerie atmosphere and not being able to see what's around the corner. There are some corridors and rooms you enter where you can hear the zombies, but you have no idea where they are. It really makes you afraid to venture forward and that's what I want from this game.
Cyberote

Postby anr102 » Nov 08, 2012 3:47 am

Over the shoulder.
Anyway now is impossible for us to guess which will be the best camera view for this game if we don't know anything about it.
The camera view depend on the game style, the approach, type of environment, interaction with the object around us... etc...All of us maybe just think something like biohazard or silent hill, but is possible that gonna be totally different.

So.... surprise us all!
anr102

Postby Yama » Nov 09, 2012 1:20 pm

anr102 wrote:All of us maybe just think something like biohazard or silent hill, but is possible that gonna be totally different.

This is very true and also helps add to the fun in speculating. It hasn't been said if he will be revitalizing or reinventing the survival horror genre.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Foetus » Nov 10, 2012 3:44 am

While I love first-person--for the immersion, specifically--I think what made older survival-horror games great was the cinematic placement and movement of the camera (also "tank controls", sadly XD). I'll never forget playing RE and wandering around in the yard, then nearly shitting myself when a zombie dog flew at me from off-screen. Then there's the introduction to Silent Hill, when you're winding through the back alley and the camera gives you a sense of vertigo and dread. Though, while I'd love for them to go back to the basics (well, after Sweet Home, I guess), I doubt they'll go this route. People these days want over-the-shoulder stuff with their survival-horror. That's fine for them, I guess, but I feel like it dampens the fear element when half the screen is taken up by someone's back...
Mr. Foetus

Postby Budheadz » Nov 10, 2012 10:30 pm

It doesnt really matter which one they choose, any of them could work well for a good survival horror game.
If it was static, 2nd person views done like in the Remake of resi1, but with this gen quality graphics and effects would be sweet. And iv read that the lead art director from Remake 1 has joined the team =]]]]]

I liked deadspace 2's 3rd person view, and that game had great athmosphere, The Suffering 1 on ps2 or pc years back ?, that was a great... well, very good game (free2play on pc now), it let you switch between 3rd and 1st person views. and it added to the game,
I dont mind what ever they choose once they make a great survival horror game, if they do go with static 2nd person views, i hope they do something about the tank controls .
Budheadz

Postby CandyLander » Dec 10, 2012 5:37 pm

I don't think anyone will chose first person. so, between static and over the shoulder...
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby ZH666 » Jan 06, 2013 5:41 am

Static! :mrgreen:
That was a close one. you were almost a Jill sandwich!
ZH666

Postby barry burton » Jan 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Static for me love not being able to see whats around the corner until its too late
Worst case scenario??? If There are no more zombies left to kill
barry burton

Postby ZonoChronic » Jan 11, 2013 9:25 pm

I couldn't find my reply so..

Static cameras would allow for much better look environments. Then the characters and notable objects in the world could be 3d, with these combined, the game would look absolutely amazing.
ZonoChronic

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak