Difficulty and Enemy Encounters

(Discuss the game)

Re: Difficulty and Enemy Encounters

Postby Mr. Sean » Apr 20, 2013 11:55 pm

Well I hope, seeing the screenshot of Sebastian sneaking around that the game has some stealth elements to it. I think it would be cool if enemy encounters would be structured like in Deus Ex where you could choose either to directly engage them in combat or try to sneak around enemies. As for difficulty, I hope its like Demon's Souls or Dark Souls where its stiff but fair. I prefer a challenge. Most games are cake walks these days.
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby 1v1addict » Apr 21, 2013 1:53 am

Well speaking about difficulty, hardcore mode without weapon at all would nice, like in silent hill : shattered memories.
1v1addict

Postby yuri102010 » Apr 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Yama wrote:This is perhaps the best information I've seen. The Biohazard series turned low tier enemies into punching bags in which the player would literally style on them, taking the idea of caution and disposing of it. Even at high level play, the player should still be forced to at least respect the enemies presence. Rebirth, Zero and Outbreak on VH are very good examples of this. I can see enemies being similar in Zwei and perhaps in even greater quantities.

Food for thought. I think forcing tank controls and the like would simply create a foe difficulty which is almost unrealistic. Don't get me wrong, I adore them and always will. However with that said, I feel the best possible game design comes from giving the player 110% control. Great game design should allow for a game to be rewarding in regards to difficulty despite the players ability to maneuver freely.

That is so true...having tank like controls could ruined the atmosphere of the player or the depth of the game....Like in Resident evil 6 had really nice controls and when one of my friends decided to play RE 5 again I was Like thrown off due to tank off controls and it took me about 3 days to get used to tank controls again >.<
yuri102010

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
XBL: Minchi1983

Postby Yama » Apr 30, 2013 11:46 am

Yeah, like I said in another thread I don't personally mind tank, I enjoy the scheme. I do feel a modern control scheme is fitting though and should be utilized.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Tyrant » Oct 07, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm hoping this game is insanely difficult personally. Force the player to always question his actions and resource management. Would be nice too if there is alternate routes through levels that the player could discover.
Tyrant

Favorite Title: REmake

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Tyrant wrote:I'm hoping this game is insanely difficult personally. Force the player to always question his actions and resource management. Would be nice too if there is alternate routes through levels that the player could discover.

Glad you bumped this topic, I found out the Mikami confirmed that the game will be difficult indeed:

Game * Spark: difficulty or will high in.
Shinji Mikami: It is high. But I'll put easy mode.

Google translation, of course... But I think the statement is pretty clear.
http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2013/04/30/40477.html
Rikitatsu

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak