Try playing with no target reticle.

(Discuss the game)

Try playing with no target reticle.

Postby perpetualodium » Mar 06, 2016 1:07 pm

I'm playing with no life gauge, no equip icon, no partner life gauge, no interaction icon, and no target reticle. It's a totally new experience.
I'm the Michael Jordan of bad decisions.
perpetualodium

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: perpetualodium
Steam: perpetualodium

Re: Try playing with no target reticle.

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 06, 2016 3:40 pm

Yeah, I tried playing that way myself. It was much better in terms of atmosphere... I really hate the target reticle and how it's always there when you're walking/running with your weapon out.

It made the game much harder though, but not impossible.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Mar 06, 2016 4:06 pm

LMAO god I'm having a hard enough time on AKUMU mode. Maybe after I actually platinum the game I'll give that a try... on casual difficulty. :lol:
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 06, 2016 4:14 pm

AKUMU is straight up bullshit, playing with no reticle is WAY easier. (Most encounters in TEW are close range, so you would most likely hit them if they're in the center of the screen). Plus, the Shotgun has a nice spread, so you won't need any careful aiming with that. And there's the Agony Crossbow and Sniper Rifle... Yeah, it's way easier than Akumu!

I tried playing with Akumu but the way I kept getting killed made me rage quit so hard. You know when the haunted fall down and then start flailing those weapons at your feet? Yeah, one hit kills with that... Doesn't help that the hitboxes seem unreliable sometimes.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Mar 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Dude, no joke! AKUMU is beyond Dark Souls levels of bullshit (and I love Dark Souls, but). I'm halfway through chapter 7 now, but it took me about three hours just to get through chapter 6. They littered the boss arena for the Sentinel with bear traps, and I died WAY more to them than the actual boss. I wish it was more like a Heaven or Hell mode from Devil May Cry 3, where even though you die in one hit, so does every single enemy.

I'm trying to get platinum right now, so once I'm done with AKUMU I'm going to try to do a no upgrades speed run through casual. After that it's just a matter of cleaning up every other miscellaneous trophy. I might go through and do a no reticle run during my cleanup. It'll definitely give a fresh experience to it all, since I've played through on regular old survival mode like 10 times already.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby perpetualodium » Mar 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Yeah, I tried playing that way myself. It was much better in terms of atmosphere...

I agree.

Autoignition wrote:Maybe after I actually platinum the game I'll give that a try... on casual difficulty. :lol:

That's what I'm doing right now. I want to do AKUMU with no upgrades, no keys, and the restrictions listed in my original post. That's the goal. Baby steps.

AKUMU isn't as daunting once you've beaten it. It's mostly trial and error.
I'm the Michael Jordan of bad decisions.
perpetualodium

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: perpetualodium
Steam: perpetualodium

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak