How does Valerio fit into the story?

(Discuss the game)

How does Valerio fit into the story?

Postby perpetualodium » Mar 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Was Valerio the serial killer that was plaguing Elk River? Is that what the game was implying?
I'm the Michael Jordan of bad decisions.
perpetualodium

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: perpetualodium
Steam: perpetualodium

Re: How does Valerio fit into the story?

Postby Autoignition » Mar 06, 2016 4:00 pm

No. Ruvik was the serial killer in Elk River. There's no evidence that Valerio ever killed anyone. Abuse and malpractice, yes, and we see him performing an autopsy in chapter 4, but that's all. Valerio ran a hospice in Elk River and was Leslie's original doctor. It's through him that Leslie got transferred to Beacon. And once Leslie ended up in Beacon, that's how he got into Jimenez's -- and eventually Ruvik's -- hands. It's possible that Valerio was another link between Cedar Hill/Mobius and Beacon, but there's no evidence that Valerio was ever a part of the church.

Leslie's family was murdered in front of him, so it's entirely possible that they were sacrifices in the church -- though, again, there's no real evidence linking Leslie to Cedar Hill, other than the fact that his family was killed and he ended up in a hospice in Elk River. (Though wouldn't it be wild if he DID grow up in the church and had known Juli as a kid? They're only two years apart in age.)
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby perpetualodium » Mar 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Autoignition wrote:No. Ruvik was the serial killer in Elk River. There's no evidence that Valerio ever killed anyone. Abuse and malpractice, yes, and we see him performing an autopsy in chapter 4, but that's all. Valerio ran a hospice in Elk River and was Leslie's original doctor. It's through him that Leslie got transferred to Beacon. And once Leslie ended up in Beacon, that's how he got into Jimenez's -- and eventually Ruvik's -- hands. It's possible that Valerio was another link between Cedar Hill/Mobius and Beacon, but there's no evidence that Valerio was ever a part of the church.

Leslie's family was murdered in front of him, so it's entirely possible that they were sacrifices in the church -- though, again, there's no real evidence linking Leslie to Cedar Hill, other than the fact that his family was killed and he ended up in a hospice in Elk River. (Though wouldn't it be wild if he DID grow up in the church and had known Juli as a kid? They're only two years apart in age.)

The newspapers that mention the Elk River serial killer appear prior to chapter four. Victims had surgery performed on them. It's implied that Valerio was the serial killer.
perpetualodium

Postby Autoignition » Mar 06, 2016 6:31 pm

The Administrator literally calls Ruvik a serial killer in The Assignment. I mean, I could go through all of the other evidence linking to Ruvik, too, but I feel like that's pretty cut and dry. Again, there's no evidence that Valerio ever killed anyone or even performed surgeries.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby perpetualodium » Mar 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Autoignition wrote:The Administrator literally calls Ruvik a serial killer in The Assignment. I mean, I could go through all of the other evidence linking to Ruvik, too, but I feel like that's pretty cut and dry. Again, there's no evidence that Valerio ever killed anyone or even performed surgeries.

Yeah. Just played through chapter four again. Ruvik makes more sense.
perpetualodium

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak