The Evil Within/Physcobreak observations

(Discuss the game)

Re: The Evil Within/Physcobreak observations

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Why thank you Rikitatsu! Glad you approve.

is it usually the case for developer companies to list game writers on their site? I thought that fact was often kept hidden, unless they slipped it to the press or something. I was only conjecturing anyway-because RE 3.5 and TEW definitely share plot similarities.

I'm sure there definitely be puzzle like enemy encounters such as that Boxman battle. Sounds quite intriguing!
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:Why thank you Rikitatsu! Glad you approve.

is it usually the case for developer companies to list game writers on their site? I thought that fact was often kept hidden, unless they slipped it to the press or something. I was only conjecturing anyway-because RE 3.5 and TEW definitely share plot similarities.

I'm sure there definitely be puzzle like enemy encounters such as that Boxman battle. Sounds quite intriguing!

It's not common for devs to do that... But Tango (and PlatinumGames) did.
Here's an archived version of the staff page if you're interested:

http://web.archive.org/web/201201291937 ... udio/staff
Rikitatsu

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 20, 2014 1:33 am

I am wondering how does writing a game like TEW work? do they sit down and write the entire game at once, or do they start with an idea, and develop the story as the game production goes through?
Nemesis85

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Nemesis85 wrote:I am wondering how does writing a game like TEW work? do they sit down and write the entire game at once, or do they start with an idea, and develop the story as the game production goes through?

The latter, probably.
Lots of things change during a game's development.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Huh, that is interesting. Never would've guessed either of that for the writing process- I would've assumed that the game was already written before development started. It's quite cool.

Anyway, who's scoring the game? Any clues? I'm hoping for Masami Ueda, now that would be most excellent.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:Huh, that is interesting. Never would've guessed either of that for the writing process- I would've assumed that the game was already written before development started. It's quite cool.

Anyway, who's scoring the game? Any clues? I'm hoping for Masami Ueda, now that would be most excellent.

Ueda is at PlatinumGames currently I'm afraid.

The game's composer is Masafumi Takada, this was back in 2012... Nowadays, I don't see him affiliating himself with Tango, so maybe he left mid development? It would explain why they were recruiting a music composer last year.

He worked on games like Godhand, No More Heroes, Fatal Frame 4, and DanganRonpa.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Thats really interesting, I had no idea about either of those things. I wonder who they will get.
Jocifer666

Postby Rikitatsu » May 17, 2014 10:48 pm

Here's our first look at the "crossbow":

Which takes me to another point: How can Sebastian carry more than 1 main weapon? From what I've seen, the weapons you carry are visible on Sebastian (Revolver in holster, Shotgun or Crossbow on back)... But the PAX previews said that Sebastian had like 3 main weapons and a side arm. (Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Crossbow, and a revolver).

It's either:

A) You can only carry 1 main weapon (Like a shotgun or a rifle) and the PAX demo had all the weapons for demonstration purposes.

B) You can carry many weapons, and they won't appear on your back.
Rikitatsu

Postby Nemesis85 » May 18, 2014 1:40 am

So, he carries a sniper rifle? well that probably means all encounters all not face to face,Sebastian can be far away and shoot a few monsters with the scope, or you might be able to plant a few land mines or explosives and stand far away, aim, and boom goes the dynamite.
Nemesis85

Postby Jocifer666 » May 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Here's our first look at the "crossbow":

Which takes me to another point: How can Sebastian carry more than 1 main weapon? From what I've seen, the weapons you carry are visible on Sebastian (Revolver in holster, Shotgun or Crossbow on back)... But the PAX previews said that Sebastian had like 3 main weapons and a side arm. (Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Crossbow, and a revolver).

It's either:

A) You can only carry 1 main weapon (Like a shotgun or a rifle) and the PAX demo had all the weapons for demonstration purposes.

B) You can carry many weapons, and they won't appear on your back.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game works in a similar fashion to Manhunt's inventory system- where you could only carry one light weapon (handgun), one heavy weapon (shotgun), one melee weapon, and one trap. If the weapon system worked in that fashion, or in some similar way, it would limit your resources significantly- it would be the polar opposite of freely being able to carry a suitcase worth of weapons at any time. It would also make you choose wisely which weapons you hold onto, and which ones you store for later. It would make the player ask questions like: which trap should I take, which should I leave, what happens if I take the shotgun....But really needed the crossbow or sniper rifle?
Jocifer666

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak