The Evil Within/Physcobreak observations

(Discuss the game)

Re: The Evil Within/Physcobreak observations

Postby gmc1992 » May 24, 2014 2:27 pm

[quote="Jocifer666"]I actually didn't realize that about the concept art, I was curious what they were. Interesting.

I always thought that was fan art
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Jocifer666 » May 24, 2014 2:56 pm

Apparently, it's concept art from before the game began development. However, given the fact that the film burrows allegedly from the 80s horror film Prison, I question if the same twist will be seen here. They both share a similar concept-except TEW takes place in a Mental Hospital, instead of a prison- as well as a similar antagonist and motifs. I wonder if a plot twist, where the monsters are actually not all bad, but the administration is, will also come into play.

The more I think about it, I definitely believe that there will be Scientific causes for the monsters, as implied by the cover art and the leaked concept arts of the experiments and vats. As to why Ruvick is invisible in the beginning, perhaps his brain was modified severely- which gave him access to otherworldly powers?

I definitely think that the final act of the game will take place in a lab area too. That's definitely a traditional Mikami and RE touch.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Lazarus753 » May 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:Apparently, it's concept art from before the game began development. However, given the fact that the film burrows allegedly from the 80s horror film Prison, I question if the same twist will be seen here. They both share a similar concept-except TEW takes place in a Mental Hospital, instead of a prison- as well as a similar antagonist and motifs. I wonder if a plot twist, where the monsters are actually not all bad, but the administration is, will also come into play.

The more I think about it, I definitely believe that there will be Scientific causes for the monsters, as implied by the cover art and the leaked concept arts of the experiments and vats. As to why Ruvick is invisible in the beginning, perhaps his brain was modified severely- which gave him access to otherworldly powers?

I definitely think that the final act of the game will take place in a lab area too. That's definitely a traditional Mikami and RE touch.

This wouldn't upset me. All of the directions the plot could go sound massively intriguing to me. Definitely pumped
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby razorxc » May 28, 2014 4:25 am

one preview, says evil within have
levels, i hope for u , you havent seen all on the video
but that depend if they are short or long like dishonored
razorxc

Postby Jocifer666 » Jun 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Something's been bothering me about the opening, so I thought to get it off my chest, to see what you guys think. Sebastian's arm is bleeding during the game's opening, when he is hanging in the Butcher's lair. Yet there are no traces of blood, or any visible wounds on him, after he escapes. With that being said, and given the fact that Sebastian likely seems to be trapped in Ruvick's memories, do you think Sebastian is actually dead- and Ruvick is taking advantage of that fact, by infecting Sebastian with Ruvick's memories, so Sebastian can live in Hell in place of Ruvick, while Ruvick lives from the life borrowed via Sebastian?

Think about it: If The Keeper, Rebone Laura, and The Water Monster are Ruvick's family, they wouldn't attack Sebastian with such animosity.....Unless there was reason to believe he was Ruvick in some fashion. Same with The Haunted.

With this being said, I always though that Ruvick would transform over the course of the game, and become more powerful. I still think that is possible, but I wonder if he'll become more life like and stronger- instead of just decaying. But the plot twist will be, the more Ruvick transforms and becomes more alive, instead of being the walking dead, the more you can hurt Ruvick.

Shinji Mikami stated in an E3 interview, from last year, that the collapsing city is a major key to the story. If Sebastian is dead, the collapsing city would represent that he is not allowed back into the realm of the living.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4XIchJdJw4

With all of this speculation, I actually have an interesting theory that could work as an end game boss. Remember this concept art?

If you look closely, parts of it are tinted blue. Whenever that happens, Ruvick is near. So maybe you have to take out Ruvick here, drop him into the electric chair, and transfer Ruvick's memories back into Ruvick.....Before those Haunted break out of the vats and kill everyone. Perhaps they're invincible, which would heighten the tension? Or better yet, maybe you leave Ruvick to be devoured by those vat Haunted?

Also, remember that concept art with the Hellraiser doctors?Image

Perhaps those are also bosses?

If you look at this concept art, not only can you tell that this area is the mansion, you can also see Ruvick's shadow in the window.

Finally, both the mansion and the mental hospital have the same gate- if you watch the footage and compare/contrast.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby razorxc » Jul 03, 2014 1:25 pm

i post here,
hand version on ign

edit: another found on wallpaper :|
razorxc

Postby razorxc » Jul 08, 2014 4:02 pm

evil within censored version in japan with gore dlc available in preorder

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201407/08056742.html