Lost TEW Concept Art

(Discuss the game)

Lost TEW Concept Art

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 09, 2016 7:47 am

The recent TEW2 rumors kick-started my sleuthing habits again, while trying to find some info regarding TEW2 I stumbled upon unreleased TEW concept art.

What surprised me most, is that all those concept arts are done by Freelancers, it seems Tango outsourced a LOT of TEW's art assets.

From Daniel Rudnicki, freelancer from Poland: http://imgur.com/a/zsQUm
From Christian Bravery, freelancer from the UK: http://imgur.com/a/bbZtl
From Kirk Quilaquil, freelancer from the UK: http://imgur.com/Fz8YtlG
And there is Lu Cheng, Freelancer from China... we posted his concept arts years ago when it leaked, but in-case anybody missed it: http://imgur.com/a/ojD1m

From what I can tell, there was a harbour + ship segment that was planned, but didn't make it in the final game.
Rikitatsu

Re: Lost TEW Concept Art

Postby Autoignition » Apr 09, 2016 2:13 pm

I've seen those ship arts by Rudnicki before! But I had no idea they were TEW arts. I actually uncovered them while looking up Uncharted concept art, and I believed that they were when I found them. It's crazy that those two games, of all games, have environment overlap like that. I love the little jacket he gave Kidman in that one art outside of Beacon, too. I wish that had made it into her final character design.

I love, love, love, love, LOVE the Elk River arts by Bravery. Especially the one of the church. Very Diablo 1 Tristram, which was the reason why I think chapter 7 is my favorite chapter. I would absolutely adore it if the sequel took us to a place like this to explore. That kind of atmosphere and imagery is my jam.

Awesome finds. Thanks so much for sharing, bro.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 10, 2016 2:05 am

You're very welcome.
Ch.7 is also one of the S-tier chapters in the game for me, I wish we would have also gotten the harbour + ship segments, but I'm sure it was cut for a reason. Hopefully some of these ideas make it to TEW2 (If it happens).
Rikitatsu

Postby Morir es vivir » Apr 11, 2016 3:26 am

Windmill...

I wanna walk around all those environments on UE4 please.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Rikitatsu » Jul 28, 2016 4:23 am

A couple more, these ones are by Adam Baines.

Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Jul 28, 2016 4:11 pm

can we assume the evil within 2 might be announced at Tokyo game show??
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Autoignition » Jul 28, 2016 7:27 pm

I think, normally, this is my cue to come in and say YES!!! OF COURSE!!! ;) But I actually don't think so. I honestly don't think Bethesda's going to announce TEW2 until after RE7 is out. So, next year sometime.

That last newest shot that Rikitatsu just shared is so jarring. It looks like it's ripped almost directly out of Uncharted 1. I wonder if it's just mislabeled -- and, if not, wtf part of the game that was that never made it into the final cut.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Jul 29, 2016 8:24 am

He says those were made in 2011, so it was early in development and probably still experimenting on the game's look... Still, at least 5 freelancers were contracted to work on TEW concept art, wow.

And yeah, I wouldn't expect anything from TGS either, nor Quakecon for that matter.
Rikitatsu

Postby berto » Oct 23, 2016 5:57 pm

I've looked through the art book and I've found alot of the art in these there, exept for this one:
http://i.imgur.com/sP7uFOH.jpg

It sticks out so I looked for that specifically. Why some of these were omitted I don't know, but the fact that the art book was released before the game's DLC came out, and thus making it rather... inaccurate now bugs me alot.

These are, ofcourse, quite good, and I'mm glad o have them in digital format, all the same. Just to contribute a bit, thought I am guessing everyone who wanted it already had it, this is very high res versions of the game's key art, this is the website I go to to find those things:
http://www.thevideogamegallery.com/info ... vil-within

I just wish they had something for Shadows of the Damned.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Postby zombifiers » Apr 02, 2017 11:16 am

Late to the game on this, but thanks for all the links! A lot of this art gives me Call of Cthulhu vibes, though that's likely just the whole sea/harbor/implied fishmen monsters (imagine barnacle-covered Haunted? brr). Would be nice to see something like that in the sequel too!
Better to be bound than free to feel pain.
zombifiers
irl necromancer

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame
PSN: Opheliac-W14A

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak